Vart
Years ago

Ben Simmons playing Big V for Bulleen Boomers

Has 16 points, 9 boards, 8 dimes and 2 blocks in 24 minutes against Melbourne on the weekend. Apparently playing rest of the Big V season. All Victorian basketball fans should get along to a game. See this guy play live while you can!

Topic #31986 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will he qualify for finals?

Reply #424460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a beast

Reply #424466 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

If he is fit he should be in the World Champs squad.. Must be some Australian policy of not picking players not based here.

Reply #424469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An absolute gun. I was shocked how good he actuallly is!!!!

Reply #424479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Future first round top 10 pick

Reply #424481 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Australias future is bright. I look forward to seeing us on that podium one day.

Reply #424494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I was in Victoria I would love to see this guy play make the most of it

Reply #424495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

daneo- He wanted to stay in Australia and work on his game/conditioning.

Reply #424505 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Man the future is so damn bright for Aus Bball Exum,Simmons and maybe Maker all top 10 prospects in there draft class' Insane!!!

Reply #424506 | Report this post

VP  
Years ago

You would have to say if these guys (Ben & Dante) are still playing in Australia in 5 years time then they would be disappointed.

They go play Div 1 College then turn professional and if NBA or D-League not achieved then Europe has to be the only other option!

Can't wait to see them playing for the Aussie Boomers at a World Champs or Olympics.

Reply #424515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There should be a way for these guys to play NBL before going to college. You can play just not get paid like Tai Webster in the NZ league

Reply #424516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only if they're listed as development players

Reply #424522 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

If anyone does get to a game, those of us who don't live in Vic would love to see some game footage up on you tube! :-)

Reply #424528 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

second that Beantown!

Reply #424530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did he choose to play Big V instead of playing in the U19 World Championships later this month?

Reply #424534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, as previously mentioned in this thread, he wanted to stay in Australia and work on his game and conditioning.

Reply #424536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luckily for us he is eligible for 2015 under 19s along with Jonah Bolden

Reply #424540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2015? I think he is one year older than that.

Reply #424542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons is eligible for 2015 under 19s.

Reply #424577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulleen will destroy Corio bay. Corio Bay are way to slow up the floor and outside of eric and hutchy they can't defend a bin. They will get punished like ringwood did to them a few weeks ago.

Reply #424956 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

NBAdraft.net just gave simmons a good write up rated as No 1 prospect.. Thon maker gets a mention and is discussed on the comment board a fair bit.

http://nbadraft.net/elite-talent-nba-horizon-top-10-high-school-prospects-0

Ben Simmons1) Ben Simmons, 6-foot-9, 230 pounds, SF/PF, Melbourne, Australia, Montverde Academy 2015.

Simmons took the U.S. high school basketball scene by storm, dominating the 2012 Pangos All American Camp. He moved to the United States this past year to suit up for coach Kevin Boyle at Montverde Academy in Florida and did not disappoint, helping them win the high school national championship.

He has small forward skills in a power forward's body. A smooth and skilled lefty who can do everything on the floor, Simmons has a feathery outside shooting touch and he can put the ball on the floor and get into the lane when he wants to. His passing ability for a kid his size sets him apart from his peers.

With upperclassmen such as Kasey Hill, and D'Angelo Russell, Simmons took a backseat on a senior-led Montverde team this past season, but he will be the focal point offensively, which should allow him to grow into the alpha dog role that his talent suggests. If he stays focused and continues to work hard, he has a chance to be special. NBA Comparison: Tracy McGrady

Reply #425455 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Good one im and hope it works oput well for him...still not sure why he is playing Big V but hey i guess he needs games.

Reply #425466 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I agree Tiger Watcher. Not sure what the story is, but would have loved to see him with the Emus at the moment.

Reply #425483 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

http://nbadraft.net/elite-talent-nba-horizon-top-10-high-school-prospects-0

#1 2015 NBA Draft prospect according to nbadraft.net!

Reply #425983 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

LC we all just saw that lol

Reply #425996 | Report this post

casualobserver  
Years ago

he didn't play for the under 19 squad because he has been invited for the mens squad and was preparing for that, he though that the time it would take to go to prague would stop him from getting work in, preparing him for the boomers

Reply #426946 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

That makes no sense to me whatsoever....

Reply #426956 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Depending on his personal circumstances, fitness or other issues I get it, but otherwise all things being equal I would think that performing with the u/19 Emu team would be any player's best chance to show the Boomers coach what he can do...

Reply #427161 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm with Vart. Also, I am still very unclear as to why Simmons made himself unavailable for the U19's. To workout - that does not make sense IMO. Exum will hook up with the Boomers squad ahead of the Aus-NZ series, just as will be the case of some of the WUG guys as well and a number of other players not involved in either as well. Puzzled.

Reply #427236 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:37 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754