Seb
Years ago

36ers sign Brendan Teys

Just read it on the 36ers facebook page. any ideas who it is?

Topic #32007 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

Gary Ervin

Reply #424720 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Probably would be Brendan Teys.... Which isnt exactly an excitement generating announcement

Reply #424721 | Report this post

The situation  
Years ago

The suspense is killing me

Reply #424723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not Teys

Reply #424724 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

why not do it at or before the members forum tonight as might actually create some more interest.

Reply #424726 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Anonymous... you know who it is then?

Reply #424730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw Joey Wright and Craig Hinder together at the ABA game Saturday night

Reply #424731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, Craig Winder

Reply #424733 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

WHos craig winder?

Reply #424734 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Craig Winder played for the 36ers a couple of seasons ago, around 8-9 games from memory.

He's on holiday here at the moment.

Reply #424735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's Adris Deleon

Reply #424736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Wright should have been impressed with Darren Ng's shooting display but guessing we can't fit him into the points system?

Reply #424737 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Ng doesn't want to return to the NBL anytime soon. And it's not Deleon.

Reply #424738 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Winder would be the perfect complement to the guard rotation.

Reply #424739 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Do you know who it is, Nat?

Reply #424741 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Just posted it ;)

Reply #424742 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Oh awesome! I'm glad he's back because he was genuinely passionate and explosive. He'll do the world of good for Adelaide because as good as their roster looks, it lacks energy.

Reply #424743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

an ok signing especially given its a 1 point player and 10th man.

Hopefully he can improve over the next couple of years a bit like Goulding has done if he gets some court time at some point.

If we get Deleon the Adelaide Blaze are looking good imo.

Reply #424744 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Won't give you anything on the court but seems good for the locker room.

Reply #424745 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

probably what you would expect from a 1 point player. A bit Ho-Hum but then again not every player on a team can be a star

Reply #424746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would've preferred local content in such a minor role.

Reply #424747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definatly should have gone someone local for the 1 point. Bad Move Adelaide and Joey.. Teys wont put bums in seats like some local kid could!

Reply #424748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Luke the only south Aussie in our team? I got nothing against Teys but wouldn't you give a 1pt local a shot

Reply #424749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^agreed.
The management needs to give some direction here.

Reply #424751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon749, Schenscher and Creek both South Aussies

Reply #424752 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Well what local kid would be worth having right now?

Reply #424754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops sorry I was wrong above Creek from Bruce-town in Victoria.

Wrongly thought he was from SA as he is not really rated outside of Adelaide. :P

Reply #424755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frustrated at the Adelaide media people. Why did that have to build up suspense for both the BJ Anthony and Teys signing? Just announce it, hardly worth getting people excited. Solid signing I guess.

Reply #424756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daly easily. And if he's not a 1 then try his brother.

Reply #424757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to agree about the build-up to this... lots of sizzle but no sausage at the end isn't something they want to keep doing. Remember the boy who cried wolf.

Reply #424758 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

Creek is from Horsham, Vic country, not SA.

Considering Sam Daly out played Caddee in ABA a couple of weeks back. Thats kind of easy.

Reply #424760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam McDaniel. I know he's off to College but if the management were smart they'd be proactive with these types of guys and take a punt they will flourish in the future. Sam Mac would be the highlight of the warmups at least!
Giving TOTAL control to the coach is not the best solution for the future. By this I don't mean meddling in the main guys but the local product should be encouraged. Joey will do his time here, only be worried about winning and not give a rat's clacker about the future beyond that.

Reply #424761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldnt have minded one of the Daly's or Burdon in this spot, but not too fussed either.

Im just happy we have enough points to get 2 (hopefully very good) imports, they will make the world of difference.

Reply #424762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how many points does that leave us?

Reply #424763 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Definitely didnt deserve any kind of suspenseful build up. Oh well.. next 2 announcements HAVE TO BE imports... I think we will hear about them soon

Reply #424764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teys had better be able to tear up the ABA cos he will be a marked man.

Reply #424765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

20 points left enough for 2 imports

Reply #424766 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

20 points left enough for 2 imports

but how much cash? Surely with the level of Aussie talent (and with Gibbo re-signing in a better position than the Sixers being the only team left for him to go to), there isn't that much left for one top shelf imports, let alone two?

Reply #424768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems like we have enough cash for 1 expensive import likely to be Ervin or Deleon or someone similar and then a cheap, min salary or close 2 2nd import sf, some have suggested they will come out of a state league and Winston Robinson from the QBL has been rumoured, and seems to be the type of player they would be likely to look at, but not sure if he is on the radar or not.

Reply #424771 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

They went to QBL to look at Winston I know that much

Reply #424776 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If he is in the Boomers squad then someone obviously rates him.

Would have loved to see Erik back in the fold, but Brendan could be value for money.

Welcome to the Sixers.

Reply #424785 | Report this post

For a 1pt player he is good value

Reply #424786 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Wasnt treally the Boomers squad its the Australian Uni Team. by the looks of it he was cut before the second camp.

Reply #424789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One more boomer squad appearance than any other 1 point player has made...

Good luck to him!

Reply #424792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

should have considered chris clausen?

Reply #424796 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

At this point, i like what i see in the team atm.
Guess the 2 imports are the ?? and big unknowns.

I think for those who rejoin as members, we might see something happen this year that we havent seen in the last 3 years. Going places, yes!

Reply #424798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For me it's the two imports that will make the difference I hope we get Deleon

Reply #424800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem with no SA players is that it will directly effect home crowds. If you're a member or a punter off the street and you're undecided about heading to a game, you either want a big marquee player to go watch (Gibbo is barely passable and I find Deleon a train wreck to watch) or watch familiar faces. So hopefully one of the spots goes to a guy that fits the bill. And what's the go with Weigh? Have the club actually made a statement that they weren't interested/ weren't going to offer him anything, or is that not the done thing?

Reply #424804 | Report this post

Sixersfan  
Years ago

Craig Winder might be one of the import signings.

Or should be that's for sure. Wasn't used correctly when in Adelaide last time. Currently in Adelaide and dating a former Sixer's great daughter.

Reply #424814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those with short memories.

Craig Winder's NBL stats:

10.1ppg @ 35% (16% 3p), 4.1rpg, 2.8apg, 2,8topg

Reply #424828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those stats arnt horrible especially considering he wasnt used properly by Clarke and played out of position, and also the fact he would be being considered for the cheap import spot, been worse imports in the league than Winder, if used properly could have been one of the better sgs in the league imo.

If hes in Adelaide and dating a former 36ers daughter , if she lives in Adelaide he may be willing to stick around for longer term and not be expensive, which then means we dont have to go on the import merry go round each year, so could be a bonus and definatly worth considering for the cheap spot.

Reply #424847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not horrible? You have lower expectations of shooting percentages than most...

Reply #424852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, for an import that's horrible.

Reply #424861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better than the last SG import we had

Reply #424862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon if he was used properly it could easily get upto the 40-50% you would expect.

I think all of our imports underperformed under Clarke and would have been better if they had played under a better coach ala Wright.

Reply #424863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Winder is heaps better than SC just as Wright is better than Clarke so it could work.

Reply #424866 | Report this post

Mr Paparazzi  
Years ago

His stats werent great but for those of you that dont look at stats and have actually followed the game or his play would know.

1. Was used out of position
2. Marty Clarke didnt let the imports do their thing. Even Dean Patker admitted that last night.

Craig could be a 14-16ppg 4-5 rpg 4-6apg under Joey there is no doubt about it, can tell you he is and should be on our radar.

Reply #424868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly,

I thought Winder was a good player, just not used well.

The only reason i wouldnt look at him is if you wanted a bigger around 6'5 sf for the role they are trying to fill, but wouldnt be upset if they went for Winder, he could end up being a very cost effective, long term option.

I personally would love to see guys like Winder, Simpson, Warren, Howard, CJ play under a different coach, I reckon all would be quite good, the issue was the coach and system more than the payer with all of these guys imo.

Reply #424871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree. Simpson could have dominated, could never understand why he spent so much time on the bench

Reply #424872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warren and Howard would be good options. Gibson could guard the 2's for Warren and Warren could focus on scoring more. Warren just led his team to the French Pro A title. Howard would be probably too expensive though. I'd like to see Andrew Warren or Dorsey as the 2/3 import

Reply #424873 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Would John Gilchrist be a viable option for the Sixers at PG?

He is/was strong, athletic, rebounds well for a PG and doesnt mind a drive to the basket.

Reply #424875 | Report this post

Loc  
Years ago

Reading this thread in retrospect is hilarious.

Reply #424903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on Loc

Reply #424905 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Things must be pretty down in the city of churches when the signing of Brendan Teys as a full-salaried player gets a unanimous thumbs up...

Reply #424913 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

which other 1 point player can they sign? it has been stated by the club IF Daly was a 1 they would have signed him

Reply #424914 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

simpson was outa shape initially so called most of his own subs as couldn't run. i rated him once he got some game fitness though. I used to get tired of little red blasting him when he came to the bench - atleast he put it all on the floor.

Reply #424915 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

^ Adam Doyle, Eric Burdon(?)

Reply #424918 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Diamon Simpson played only ~20 mins per game because he never had a strong grasp of the 36ers' structures - this came directly from Radford.

He definitely wasn't the sharpest kid, but I'm not sure he was fully to blame for the lack of understanding.

Reply #424919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simspon doesnt seem to be the only import/player who didnt understand/agree with the structures of the 36ers, but i think that says more about the structure and coaching than the players.

Just about every import we had didnt seem to really fit in with the coaches and there structure and many of them were quite good players if used well.

Reply #424931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burdon is only 1 point..

Reply #424960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Teys out injured with a dislocated shoulder?

Reply #425004 | Report this post

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

Adam Doyle and Eric Burdon and Jan Warbout were discussed on wednesday as Development players to compliment the roster not as the 9/10th player...

Reply #425010 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754