Uncle Drew
Years ago

Kyrie at Kickz101

Did anyone get along to Kickz101 to meet Kyrie today?

I just heard about it; apparently it was crazy. People lining up in the middle of the night, lines as far as the eye could see.

Did he sign stuff?

Topic #32030 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw this on Kyrie's Vine account. https://vine.co/v/haiYOq1MLmZ/embed

Looks like he is enjoying his time here. Massive for hoops in our country.

Reply #425401 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

It is very good for Basketball in this country. I think it also looks like Kyrie genuinely likes Australia... if he doesnt make the next Team USA... I wouldnt be completely surprised if he made the switch. Oh how I hope!

Reply #425403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Over 1000 people rocked up, one line went down to Collins St and around the corner. Only about 500 made it into the store. Kyrie was apparently overwhelmed by the response. Think Footlocker would be pissed that Kickz got approached and not them.

Reply #425409 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Glad THIS ONE went well for Kyrie.

I had the misfortune to see the AFL attempt to interview him and get him to show some of his stuff. (TAC Cup half-time show). It was woeful, and embarassing for basketball in general. Trying to throw in links to AFL everywhere, of course.

Luckily, Kyrie showed good humour despite the muppets around him.

Reply #425428 | Report this post

Hoops Fan  
Years ago

AFL know basketball the sleeping giant. I don't see many AFL stars getting mobbed like Kyrie. The game is changing. Let's hope Basketball Australia reading the tea leaves.

Reply #425459 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Why would footlocker be pissed? They don't know what the hell they are doing when it comes to what they need to stock, and never make an attempt to promote the sport. Kickz has a very strong connection with fans, players and brands that Footlocker in Australia can't replicate.

Good to see so many people respon with a few days notice. I'm sure the brands and NBA now see what is possible for the future.

Reply #425571 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I went to Kickz101 only once when I visited melbourne in 2007, I can say for a fact that it is the best store for Basketball I have ever been to. Footlocker barely sells an Average Jordan shoe... regularly misses out on new lines actually, and they just dont seem to actually CARE about the game. Fark em I say, Kickz101 did it better then FL ever would

Reply #425572 | Report this post

Uncle Drew  
Years ago

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=614034985282281&set=a.614032715282508.1073741829.164196943599423&type=1&theater

I had this link forwarded to me. Check out the craziness at Kickz101. This is unbelievable.

I can't believe I missed it.

Reply #425584 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

They would be pissed that they're clearly not the 1st choice for anything to do with Basketball. I totally agree Ricey, you would know being one of K101 best customers.

Reply #425589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's Footlocker? Ah, that brand that has a basketball ref as its logo and don't give a shit about basketball in this country. Knobs.

Reply #425595 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:00 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754