magpies
Years ago

SEABL round 14

Pioneers get another W this tie against Hobart who are the second ranked tea in the South Conference. Pioneers who were down by 1 at three quarter time end up running away with it by 15 points. A huge game by Brad Hill with 41 points and 18 boards. Surely he must get the player of the week award.

Pioneers have a huge game this Friday against the East Conference leaders, Bendigo.

I would like to hear about the other games from this round and also peoples thoughts on the Pioneers v Bendigo clash on Friday.

Topic #32032 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballarat got their pants pulled down and smacked! With the exception of Lucas Walker who has a triple double the rest of the team were not up to the class of Geelong.

Geelong are a quality team, well coached and will go close this year!

Reply #425426 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Albury/Wodonga found a way to lose again. Up by six with a minute to go before losing in double overtime.

Great game but again the Bandits couldn't close the game out. Also gave up a layup with a couple of seconds left in overtime when they were up by two.

Jermel Jenkins did his best Eric Vann impersonation going 9-34 from the field. He did have 9 assists and 6 rebounds but turned the ball over 6 times as well.

Biggest issue as it has been all year was lack of help from the bench. The Bandits scored 95 points with only 4 coming for the bench (a 3 and a free throw from Darcy Harding).

They really needed a win to keep in touch with the top four. I think it's time to start playing some kids and planning for next year unfortunately.

Reply #425431 | Report this post

Gary  
Years ago

Big win by Canberra. With no Dumovic or Dowdell and no player over 6'5" they knocked off NW Tassie by 1.

Reply #425432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Polk. 3 game weekend. 23/10, 25/8 and 26/6.
Toughest road trip in the SEABL.
Braves are on a 15 game winning streak. Best in club history. If an undermanned Chargers can lead by 1 @ 3/4 time and manage to lose by 15 then the Braves should win this clash.

Reply #425442 | Report this post

Hoops Fan  
Years ago

Dandy men looked at out of sorts yesterday. I know Frankston are ok, but to get beaten by 20 at home would be a concern for Rangers.

Reply #425458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be looking for a new coach. Perry has done an outstanding job but I think his style and voice is getting a little stale.

Dandy has some up and coming juniors coming through and they a different game style to stay in touch with the rest of the pack.

Reply #425461 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

My wrap up from the weekend now up at http://andthefoul.net/archives/6577

Reply #425467 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Nice, Beth, always a great read...

Reply #425475 | Report this post

GM1  
Years ago

Who were Hobart without Anon?
Only Rob Inches?

Reply #425548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers had 2 players out for the Pioneers game. Inches unavailable for that game and their big Corey Davie out with hammi injury. They apparently had another big in Dolliver? who hadn't played with then for a fair while.
Pioneers are eminantly beatable and it may happen this weekend. if they beat the Braves then fantastic. Clearly they will be the best side going around.

Reply #425556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo does it again! And claims the clubs winning streak record. Best front court in the league, best backcourt, best shooters, best coach.

Reply #425685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braves keep on rollin. Away from home.

Reply #426318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:58 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754