Anonymous
Years ago

Worthington to sign with tigers

Mark Worthington on the verge of signing with Melbourne tigers hardly a surprise he has been linked with them all offseason.

Topic #32037 | Report this topic

bowtie  
Years ago

Would have signed last season if the Serbian offer hadn't come along.
In rehab in Melbourne (been here for a few weeks) and residing with Anstey I am guessing.

Reply #425481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given he and anstey are good mates saw this coming but still a good pick up by tigers

Reply #425488 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

its good to have wortho back in the league..

Reply #425496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho is over rated, im not excited about this at all. Wish Tigers had thrown there money at a legit import. Worthington isnt much fun to watch.

Reply #425562 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I actually think that we are gonna have a bit of a shit import year. everyones going for white shawn redhage types with 'solid' but not spectacular playing styles.

Reply #425564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's in today's Herald Sun.

Reply #425569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a fan of whites youknowMe? Its only the NBL man. Redhage has had a fairly solid career

Reply #425575 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Is youknowme joycefan?

Reply #425586 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Pffft no I am not Joycefan. Its not about being a fan of color... We simply dont have electrifying imports right now and sorry... they tend to be black! I dont neccesarily care about "solid" players like Redhage... The league NEEDS athleticism and charactors right now. thats what the kids like.... NBL needs to think about its entertainment value a bit.

Reply #425588 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@youknowme: Maybe the league should legislate that teams need at least one black import signed before they approach any white ones. What do you reckon?

Reply #425624 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

and all stats have to be checked by an Asian Kid?

Reply #425625 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Good idea Mystro.

We should also be adminstrated solely by Jews.

Whites strictly for refs and pure shooter positions ONLY.

Reply #425639 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"and pure shooter positions ONLY."

This!

Reply #425645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back Homicide!

Reply #425659 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And suddenly a new contender for "most inane post of the day" emerges from the fray...

Reply #425664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Christopherson is white and a pure shooter, someone should sign him.

Reply #425665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you dont appreciate what Shawn Redhage does, hustle, compete hard and make a contest every play,- i dont think you are a true basketball fan.

That's WHY other fans hate him, hes a dangerous player that deserves the respect of the best defender.

I would rather have 10 "solid" players that play together and win a championship than one import that is "spectacular".

We(36ers)had that with Julius Hodge, a talented, athletic player - look what happened.

Reply #425666 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

Other fans hate Redhage because he is a dirty grub

Reply #425680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@sebastian, I am a Sixers fan, but if he was on our team, all the fans would love him!

The point I am making is that if you give your all for the team, and are a solid contributor, that provides a lot more to a team than one spectacular import that scores while the rest of the team stand around and watch.

Reply #425686 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

I dont doubt his basketball skills....What I doubt is the way he goes about it. How come every time there is a stoush he is involved? Every altercation he is involved? Doesnt matter what team it is against, Redhage is involved (Closely followed by Wagstaff who finally pulled his head in towards the end of 2012/2013). There is playing hard and playing dirty. Sir Redhage is dirty. A great player yes, but dirty as hell.

Reply #425691 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Redhage always pissed me off how he'd raise his elbows when setting screens on PG's etc.
I high fived Phil Jones for popping him in the face a few years ago.

Reply #425702 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Sebastian + 1

That makes Wortho toxic in my book, even as a Tigers fan.

I have lots of time for his talent but none for his attitude or trash-talking or overly-physical play.
We need skilled players, not ones who depend on refs to make them look like they're contributing something useful. The coach already whinges enough - let's not have the whole team singing from the same hymn-book.

Reply #425704 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

A lot of guys including Mika Vukona have a fair bit of respect for Worthington

Reply #425707 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

When Wortho is switched on to playing he is one of the greatest role players the NBL has ever seen, capable of doing everything on the court and making his team significantly better.

When he is worried about the refs or trying to be a flat-out scorer he often detracts from his team. At his age I would hope he will bring the former that he has shown under Goorjian and Brown and be very valuable to the Tigers.

Reply #425710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Did'nt get the the best out of Wortho.

Reply #425723 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754