Anonymous
Years ago

Marty Clarke to Spurs??

Surely Boti is having a laugh:

That is, of course, if Brett chooses to leave the Spurs where he would be Gregg Popovich's lead assistant.

That also might speak to my second good rumor, that former 36ers coach and longtime Brett Brown disciple - he was his second assistant with the Boomers last year - Marty Clarke will lob in San Antonio.

Brown steered Clarke, one of his players at North Melbourne Giants, into coaching in the first place so the Spurs throwing Marty a lifeline - and no-one has ever disputed Clarke's knowledge or abilities as part of a coaching staff - would make some sense.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/kk-will-stay-stay/

Topic #32040 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke is a hack, geez why your at it, may as well throw that gross little Rat a lifeline too. Sure that pop would have heaps of time to put up with his know it all attitude.

Reply #425522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMFAO

Reply #425525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As an assistant he might be good. As head coach a disaster

Reply #425526 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

I would feel sorry for every other coach who deserves this role far more than Clarke does.
Surely the coaching standard in the USA cant have plummeted this low

Reply #425541 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I think but im not 100 per cent sure but i think they were talking about Marty Clarke from Duke who played SEABL at Dandenong.

Reply #425552 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Not 100% sure but I think they were talking about Marty Clarke from Collingwood.

Reply #425560 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Not 100% sure but I think they were talking about Marty Clarke from Collingwood FC.

Reply #425561 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Nagy evidently also told us about the time a man went into a bar with a polar bear and the barman said " Is this some kinda joke?"
Christopherson also available .
Anyways seems it may be marty clarke but not that one that just 'coached' at the 36ers.

Reply #425563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke will never be able to take a coaching role in the USA ,good for college or AIS

Reply #425566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think it's the Marty Clarke of our mighty Adelaide 36ers

Reply #425597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^mighty Adelaide 36ers you're a funny bugger

Reply #425621 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Marty Clarke of AIS and 36ers' coaching fame is the same Marty Clarke who played for Brown with the Giants, in the early 1990s. That makes him the same Marty Clarke written about in this article.

Reply #425642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti now saying he's off to St Mary's:

RUMOR mill now has ex-36ers coach Marty Clarke surfacing at St Mary's College in California where he is highly regarded considering how many AIS players have landed there.

The Gaels do have an opening too with Tyler Ojanen vacating his job on the coaching staff as director of basketball operations to join the staff at Cal State East Bay Pioneers.

Ojanen's role at SMC involved managing the program's youth camps and clinics, overseeing student-athlete academic progress, and assisting with on-campus recruiting, team travel, video, and other aspects of the day-to-day operation of the Division I program.

Sounds right up Marty's alley, frankly.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/random-dribbling-seven-is-a-lucky-number/

Reply #425835 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754