Rav
Years ago

Elite Talent on NBA Horizon: Top 10 H/S PROSPECTS

With the completion of the 2013 NBA draft.
NBAdraft.net has completed a list of potential NBA stars which is worth a read.
Number 1 on the list was a surprise.

http://www.nbadraft.net/elite-talent-nba-horizon-top-10-high-school-prospects-0

Topic #32041 | Report this topic

MIM  
Years ago

OI OI OI!

Reply #425567 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

I have never watched Simmons play.
So is the Tracy McGrady comparison accurate??

Reply #425573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know his best position for NBA or boomers ? He seems to be a 3 imo but could grow tall enough to play 4 spot. Good to see Maker rated #2 in 2016 class

Reply #425577 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not sure on how he will go playing 4, would have to be more physical IMO. Absolute gun in the small forward spot, hard to match up on...

Reply #425604 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

We probably have a better shot at Kyrie Irving then Thon Maker for Boomers

Reply #425606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You actually make sense youknowMe I doubt maker will play for us

Reply #425607 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

havent been able to get him to any junior teams yet, and when he went to the Nike summit he slapped aus in the face and played for the US and African teams. He will end up in Team USA after getting citizenship I have no doubt.

Reply #425608 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Simmons would appear to be heading towards being a 'combo' forward, able to log minutes at both spots. I've also read a lot of scouting reports describing him as a 'point-forward' in the mold of Scottie Pippen, and I guess more recently, LeBron James. Perhaps he could be Australia's version of Toni Kukoc, a 6'10" do it all type player with silky skills, who can hit the three ball. That would be a nice fit for the Boomers!

Reply #425652 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

I wouldn't look to much into Adidas nations.. just because you play for someone there doesnt mean anything really.

For instance I think Ben Simmons will be playing on one of the US teams in the next nations.. because he's a high school student in the States, doesnt mean anything really(same reason Thon played for the US there)

Not saying he'll definately play for Australia, but I doubt we'll see him playing for the u17/19 teams in the Worlds. Will more then likely try for the World/Olympic teams for Australia when he's old enough, much easier path then going for the US team

Reply #425689 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754