Barry T
Years ago

Kyrie a Boomer?

With all the speculation a while ago where Kyrie may represent as a national player, will the Boomers see him play?
Will he ever represent the Yanks in the Olympics
Link here.http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/irving-hints-at-a-return-20130630-2p5fn.html

Topic #32043 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

Hahaha, we can all wish...

Reply #425579 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I wouldnt count it out! I would make a play on him for the 2014 games.

Reply #425585 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Article says Bogut and Kyrie are both working out at the state basketball centre does anybody know what time?

Reply #425587 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

thgink it starts at 6.30 am

Reply #425591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Irving, mills,maker, exum,bolden,Simmons,Jawai. Throw in a few guys such as dellavedova,Baynes,ingles and Bogut a pretty good 2016 team . What do you think youknowMe a good mix of black and white

Reply #425592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell 'em their dreaming. Kyrie being very polite.

Reply #425593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dream on folks. To me he is a yank

Reply #425599 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

"ebony an Ivory mate"

As for Kyrie Irving, I am sure some of what he is doing is just flirting, but fact of the matter is theres atleast 4-5 point guards ahead of him in the pecking order for team USA and he does seem to want to play for SOMEONE.

We wont be his first choice, but if he doesnt make the next Team USA expect strange things to happen...

Reply #425601 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Linkbait from the paper and publicity from him. Made his decision previously.

Reply #425611 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Thats all well and good to say but do you think if it looks like he is going to miss out on the Olympics for USA he wouldnt then act on it?

Reply #425612 | Report this post

MIM  
Years ago

he wont miss out on the next olympics. Theres a very good chance come 2016 he is the best PG in the league

Reply #425615 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

then theres the small chance he may actually want to switch. He could be a bigger deal for the boomers then he would be team USA.

Reply #425617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Youknowme it's not over until the fat lady sings but that said I don't see kyrie playing for us. I do admire your optimism.

Reply #425620 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

"a good mix of black and white."

Jesus.

Reply #425623 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

Kyrie will be the best PG in sthe states come next olympics

Reply #425631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone else been watching all the footage of Kyrie and Collingwood football club shootarounds etc? Pendlebury still has a mad jump shot.

Reply #425633 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah i think the best case scenario for the boomers would have been if Irving was more in the calibre of a Tyreke Evans / John Wall (not a bust but a bit of a waste of talent) than the all-round superstar PG he is becoming.

Reply #425640 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Benno- if you go to the bball victoria website it has info on Irving/Bogut training session this wednesday at SBC 7.30am

Reply #425663 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I wouldn't say Kyrie's place atop the NBA point guard pyramid is assured. He has looked a bit fragile physically thus far and that could easily derail him. I think after being in Kyrie's shadow in 2011-12, John Wall and Kemba Walker may have passed him this season.

Would love it if he is passed over by the US team for the next World Champs and Olympics. You never know what might happen then!

Reply #425811 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

My thoughts exactly Beanstown...

Reply #425812 | Report this post

Nike Al  
Years ago

Don't forget Derrick Rose when he is fit and firing again is the best American point guard

Reply #425849 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Kemba Walker?

Yeah we'll have to agree to disagree on that one...

Reply #425856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut pushing for Kyrie to become a Boomer.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/irving-a-must-for-boomers-in-rio-bogut-20130703-2pawn.html

Reply #425911 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It's actually in the best interest of the NBA and by extension USA basketball to have Kyrie playing for Aus. You've got another drawcard playing for an otherwise unheralded international team to spice up any international basketball tournaments and bring more $$$ into the sport. And it won't be detracting from team USA at all due to their insane depth.

Reply #425923 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Kyrie would certainly make Australia a team to take notice of. 2 future NBA first round draft picks.. 3-4 other guys with NBA experience and some guys knocking on the door. I know how unlikely it is meant to be but for as long as there is some chance Basketball Australia should be making a move on it.... they are bothering to develop players who will never make it to an Olympics yet the holy grail is right in front of them and they sleep on it. Reminds me of what happens to Thon Maker

Reply #425927 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Just doing some thinking... Boomer's 2016 team if it had Kyrie would be our best ever and rather then a dark horse medal contender... could be a favourite

Kyrie Irving. Joe Ingles, Ben Simmons, Nate Jawai, Andrew Bogut, Matthew Dellavedova, Patty Mills, Dante Exum, Aron Baynes, Jonah Bolden, Thon Maker... and one of Drmic, Broekhoff, Gliddon, Motum, Pineau, Pinder, AJ Ogilvy, Bairstow..... Thats a medal team right there.

Reply #425960 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754