spidergoat
Years ago

Horward for Bogut and others ... rumour

probably 1% chance but warriors are a good young team

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22598815/warriors-offering-bogut-and-thompson-to-lakers-for-howard

"According to sources, the Warriors are willing to offer Andrew Bogut and Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes. The Warriors can also add in the expiring contracts of Richard Jefferson or Andris Biedrins to sweeten the deal with more cap relief for the Lakers. Golden State, which can only sign Howard via sign-and-trade, believes that is the best offer Los Angeles will receive."

Topic #32044 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Would be a great deal for the Lakers. Ship that preening chump out of town as soon as possible. Two of the best passing big men in the game in Bogut and Gasol. Gasol gets to go back to work as the first option inside while Bogut does the dirty work. Would be great to watch. Lakers get the young wing they need in Barnes or Thompson. And the Warriors get Steph Curry a franchise frontcourt player to play tag team with.

Makes more sense for both teams than you'd think at first glance.

Reply #425629 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

But I think Jim Buss is way too dumb to make something like this happen.

Reply #425630 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

GSW are risking completely messing with the great chemistry they had last season. Bogut, Lee, Thompson and Barnes have all been mentioned in possible trades so far.

Reply #425632 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Good move for both teams on the surface...i don't think GSW can win much with Howard but could be good for Lakers if Kobe comes back at 90% of what he was.

Bogut
Gasol
Barnes
Kobe
Nash

Nice look to that starting five!

Reply #425638 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If GSW were smart they would ship out Lee as a priority. I think their playoff run proved that he doesn't add much.

Reply #425643 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

A stupid move if it happened. GSW now has the players and the coach and the chemistry right now for them to build a really good team, so why screw it up?

Reply #425644 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Yeah, I think the Warriors need to see what they can do with their full squad being healthy for a year, before they blow it up and take a risk on a petulant child/declining superstar like Howard.

Reply #425658 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think it would be a bad move by the Warriors and a good move for the Lakers....

Reply #425668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree LC. I think Bogut would give LA exactly what they need without the Howard drama. Bigger role for Gasol again and Bogut can pass, play defence and rebound.

Reply #425672 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Agreed LC.

I think for the Lakers thats a great move, if you can pick up Thompson or Barnes with Bogut. Makes a great starting 5.

I dont agree with GSW needing to ship out Lee as a priority. He was injured and not game fit, and still brought some good to the team. If Bogut can get healthy and going again, and Lee the same, another year to develop for Barnes and Thompson, and if Curry can continue his form, this GSW team looks good.

Reply #425674 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I think they have to get rid of Lee; the type of game they are playing (defensively athletic funnelling players towards Bogut) is not suited to Lee. He is horrible on defence. Great offensive player but I don't think they need that with Curry & Klay

Reply #425744 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Lee is a double double machine. Nobody is trading him unless its for a big deal that gives GSW plenty of options.

Lakers absolutely win with this trade. They get Bogut finally starting to come back to the form we know and want to see, plus a young future star in Harison or Thompson, not to mention another possible bench addition to give the Lakers extra depth which they've lacked since the early-mid 2000s.

Bogut and Gasoline could be an issue though I think. Gasol and Bogut could dominate as a high low team, but I doubt they will be using cross screens and so on, mostl due to Gasol needing his shots. I'd be lookin to trade out Gasol for a mid-late 20s PF who can put up a double double

Reply #425787 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Wow interesting article. Yeah agree LC great move for Lakers if it happened. Unlikely as rumours suggest big baby Howard is signing with the Mavs.

Reply #425801 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Let Howard leave. Great athelete but will never have the mental toughness to lead a team to the title. Houston will go alright with Howard but whats gonna happen when he and Harden bump heads? for the Lakers after next season Steve Nash is the only guy on the books, Lakers will have plenty of cap room to chase down their next championship dynasty in 2015! If Kobe plays to 40 on min wage, he could realistically get a couple more.

Reply #425807 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think the only reason GSW might consider doing this is if they are worried that Bogut won't be able to stay on the court.

I find it hard to believe they would ship out Barnes or Thompson to make this happen though. Both are pretty important to the team moving forward. Barnes in particular showed his huge potential during the playoffs.

I disagree that Lee should be moved Mick. He actually carried the team's frontline during the regular season when Bogut was struggling with injuries. They wouldn't have even made the playoffs if it wasn't for Lee's efforts holding down the middle.

The other benefit Lee brings is his free throws and mid range shot. Late in games when hack a Bogut becomes an option, where teams go small, or when they need to open up the key on offence, Lee is able to play centre instead.

Reply #425809 | Report this post

Nike Al  
Years ago

Good move for the Lakers but bad for the Warriors. If I was the warriors I would stick the bogut and try not part with either Thompson or Barnes as they are the future of the club with Curry and that will make the big names want to play there

Reply #425848 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Completely disagree about Lee. Offense is not the Warriors problem. You are better off replacing him with someone who can play D even if you are giving up some offensive production. And Lee's contract is huge.

He's the kind of guy that dumb GMs love so they should see about trading him to Milwaukee, Charlotte, Lakers or Nets. He scores points! He must be good!

Reply #425854 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754