Jim Bert
Years ago

Kyrie Irving confirmed for Team USA Camp

I don't think he's hanging out for the Boomers guys

http://ow.ly/mCXjj

Topic #32074 | Report this topic

daneo  
Years ago

It doesnt look good, but he has been invited before to these style camps. Untill he gets selected and puts on the jersey we can all hold a tiny insy bit of hope.

Reply #426196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dream on. why would he want to play for a team that struggles to get to medal rounds when he could play in a locked up GOLD medal team.

Reply #426218 | Report this post

Hoops Fan  
Years ago

Basketball Australia snooze - Basketball in Australia lose.

Reply #426221 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Guess the shows almost over... I bet his fanfare here gets cut by almost half soon as he puts on a Team USA jersey.... stores that use to be packed are now packed with crickets. Oh well... Cant lose something you never actually had.

Reply #426222 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

at least you'll still have Batman

Reply #426231 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Batman is more likely then Kyrie Irving, Nate Jawai and Thon Maker of ever playing for the Boomers

Reply #426233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The optimist in me says Irving,maker and jawai play for boomers. The realist says they won't and the pessimist says exum and Simmons choose NBA over boomers.

Reply #426234 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Why won't Jawai play again youknowme? he had his reported issues with brown but hopefully they should be gone now with him not there.

Reply #426246 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

you think Lemanis will put up with Jawai when you have so much depth in the PF and Centre spots?

Reply #426248 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Do we really have that much death?

We are talking quality International level players who play at the top level.

Apart from Bogut and Baynes who else would you have over him? I can't see bogut playing too much more for aus and anderson is on the downhill.

Reply #426257 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I am just going by what the past is telling me, plus Jawai never talks about the Boomer's from anything I have seen... most players seem to actively try to make the team.

As for 'so much depth'... we do have a fair bit of depth for players who can crossover from F/C

Reply #426260 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

True, the Anderson and Neilson and old guard are slowly moving out. Fingers crossed Mills and delly can pull out their AIS cards out to pull jawai back.

I dont doubt we have good and versatile players in the team. but i am just concerned about the quality. The Motrums and Ogilvys are not NBA worthy or top european players. If we really want to complete with the top euro teams we need our top euro players on the court and would be Jawai

Reply #426270 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

oh you mean you just want a team of NBA players because that must mean they are beasts? please continue.....

Reply #426273 | Report this post

Team USA  
Years ago

Kyrie should play for USA because he is American. Yes, he was born in Australia but to American parents and has lived the majority of his life in America; where he learned the skills to become a great basketball player.

Reply #451538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:32 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754