Rashad
Years ago

Everard Bartlett speaks out about being sacked

http://m.hawkesbaytoday.co.nz/news/basketball-bartletts-victim-of-own-anbl-success/1932493/

Topic #32096 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

his knees are gone and D Mart didnt want him about is the real reason rumour

Reply #426508 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"I've obviously played too well so I got higher points and that has pushed me out of a job."

The points system failed Bartlett by denying his re-rating from '6', but it's worth noting he was under a multiyear contract and was actually still rated a '4' when Perth released him.

Reply #426509 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The points system seems to be a contentious issue and working out points seems to involve a bit of black magic. I am sure the NBL has a formula based on some tangibles.

The system is there to ensure that relative team strengths are fairly even, but it seems the points system is limiting some players, in this case young Ev.

Be nice to see him in a roster, but if he has an underlying knee issue, then clubs don't like risks and in this day and age with only 8 teams, you can't hide a player. He runs the risk of being one of those players who ends up being a "coulda, woulda, shoulda"

Reply #426516 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

His problem wasn't so much with his actual points rating - it was having a finals FG% lower than what he was trying to have it re-rated too

Reply #426520 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"The real reason rumour". Could that sentence be any more oxymoronic?

Reply #426521 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

we may not have a points cap in the next season or so which will be interesting.

Reply #426557 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ev had a poor season, that is all.

Reply #426558 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Going 0/9 in one game and realising was what burned his bridges with me...

Reply #426567 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

What utter bollocks... A beat up on the points system either unknowingly (unaware that he was still rated as a 4 for this season) or trying to make excuses for him having a crap season, which would be a primary reason why he was let go...

What SHOULD be the focus of the article is that he was let go without any actual reason given to him, mid-contract, despite Nick Marvin's "anyone who wants to come back next season can come back" policy... I guess that doesn't count towards already contracted players?

Reply #426575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is behind Damien Martin not wanting him there? Or more of a unreliable rumour?

Reply #426578 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I am sure that if Marto didn't want him there, he wouldn't have been alone in thinking that.

But I'm pretty sure someone here just made up that story and stated it as fact a few weeks ago. which seems to be the norm around here.

Reply #426579 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

would people agree that Ev was the only player to get worse after leaving Adelaide

Reply #426585 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A little basketball to Muzz Buzz.

Reply #426588 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

His contract was paid out wasnt it?

If so its not too bad of a result. He can now explore other job opportunities.

A mid to low level European league could suit.

Reply #426599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Low-level you would assume. Back to Iceland.

Reply #426612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

O for 9 in a grand final tisk tisk

Reply #426633 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

How quickly we forget his clutch three in game 2 of the semi finals...

I think he was sacked because he was signed as a point guard but he was too selfish to pass the ball and Lisch was more of a ball carrier than he ever was and that doesn't sit well with me.

Everard if your the point guard then take control and run the team!

Reply #426729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:43 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754