Step Back
Years ago

Emmett Naar

Just curious about this guy. I used to play at Norths in Sydney back in 2004 and 2005 and Naar was about 3 foot tall and coming off the bench for the 2nd division U14s rep team. Next thing I hear is he´s at the AIS and playing for Australia and scoring 15 points against Spain in the U19 world championships.
Can anybody fill me in on the past 8 or so years...Gotta say I´m very impressed and proud of him especially considering what he can obviously get done at his height and from where he was when I first saw him play

Topic #32100 | Report this topic

YouknowME  
Years ago

I don't know much about him other then he has a very strange shooting style and he may want to fix it before he goes pro!

Reply #426531 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

His shooting style is odd, but he has set quite a few shooting records at the AIS, so it seems to work for him.

Reply #426559 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

his shot style is mad ugly, the commentator was calling it the "corkscrew" hahaha

Reply #426652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know if he is going to college next season?

Reply #426695 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No word on Naar yet relating to college...after the WC's, one would suspect he may get a few offers.

Word is starting to filter through that Exum may in fact sign with a college team for the 2013/14 season ahead of the 2014 NBA draft - a one and done prospect.

Reply #426700 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

LC, I read that Exum can't do that. He either skips college and goes into the 2014 draft as an international early entry, or if he goes to college, won't be eligible for the draft until 2015.

Reply #426702 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Exum should skip college...hit the gym for 12 months them be ready for 2014 draft! he is a lock top 10 so take the cash and don't rick the injury!

Reply #426707 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754