Vart
Years ago

University of New Mexico Australian tour

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Apparently the Lobos are doing an Australian tour from August 2-13 playing three games in Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast.

Does anyone have more information about where and when these games are on?

Thanks.

Topic #32109 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Don't think it has been posted actually.. I'll see what info I can get.

Reply #426648 | Report this post

JWC  
Years ago

Kings to play New Mexico on Tuesday 6 August according to Kings Website.

Reply #426668 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

You beat me to it! Was waiting until I could get all the game details etc. Also worth noting that Saint Mary's College is also touring Australia in August! I know they are playing the Melbourne Tigers @ Kilsyth.

Reply #426669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does that mean Greenwood is playing?

Reply #426689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully greenwood and Bairstow will be playing

Reply #426694 | Report this post

SoCalLobo  
Years ago

A main purpose of the trip is for Greenwood and Bairstow to enjoy playing for the Lobos in their home country. The team often schedules road games during the season vs. a team so a Lobo player can play close to home.

Alex Kirk, who is currently playing on the USA team in the University games, will be coming. Also, Kendall Williams, the Mountain West Conference Player of the Year and an invitee to the USA camp will be coming also. Unfortunately, Tony Snell chose to forgo his last college season and was selected #20 in the first round by the Bulls.

Greenwood and Bairstow have been developing around some talented teammates and UNM should be the clear favorite to win the MWC once again this coming season. This trip gives a boost for preparing for the season.

Reply #426696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@LC Do you think St Marys will play in Cairns against the Taipans considering they have two ex Gaels?

Reply #426738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That takes Bairstow out of my boomers v NZ squad but his college career is more important. Hope we get to see saint marys tour down under in future huge interest here in aust.

Reply #426740 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754