jingles
Years ago

Sydney Hair product sales set to surge?

With Ben Allen moving to Sydney, Sydney hair care retailers must be rubbing their hands together with glee.

Time for them to stock their shelves with bulk hair gel?

What suburb will Allen be moving into?

Topic #32117 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

redfern

Reply #426810 | Report this post

jingles  
Years ago

Perhaps he will follow his coaches lead and get some peroxide blonde hair dye?

Reply #426819 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah I can imagine him and Hammer side by side at the salon talking shop while getting their hair done.

Reply #426865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of you guys have a massive man crush on Allen, you can't stop talking about him. BTW Im pretty sure he would flog any one of you one on one.

Reply #426909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard "the situation" is very intimidating lol. On a serious note Allen has a second chance good luck to him

Reply #426914 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

That's a great idea, anonymous. I can see it now:

The Ben Allen Pro-Am One-On-One Tournament, sponsored by American Crew men's hair care products. Guest referee'd by that douchebag fashion designer that wears the sunglasses on his head all the time.

Hoops posters get to have a crack at Big Ben.

You wouldn't even have to worry about handicapping the professional with the usual "no shooting inside the paint for the pro" rule because he's scared of the keyway already. You can also do away with the "one shot only per possession for the pro" rule because Big Ben doesn't care much for rebounds either.

Normal "makers-takers" one-on-one rules apply, with the following provisional by-rules:

1. First to 11, with mandatory timeouts for hair touch ups from official American Crew representatives every three points.

2. Once either contestant reaches 8 points, they must decide which post-game club they are going to attend and what outfit and hairstyle will be sported to said club. This must be explicitly declared to game officials before the contestant is eligible to continue play and vie for the win.

3. At no point after the first "hair touch up break" of the game shall either contestant be thinking about the basketball game at hand: the mental focus shall be strictly and solely fixated on the decisions surrounding post-game club, hairstyle and outfit. This will be confirmed post-match by polygraph test. Any contestant who is found to have devoted mental capacity to basketball during the "club, hair, outfit focus" portion of the match is to be instantly disqualified.

4. Messing up an opponent's hair is grounds for instant disqualification.

It's just what the NBL needs to kick off its official demerger and season launch.

What do you all think?

Reply #426952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick I know you're taking the piss but you make more sense then some on this forum. I can't name names but I will give you a clue Y--k---m-

Reply #426960 | Report this post

M1ck  
Years ago

Ben Allen has true potential.
All you haters will be proven wrong this season.

Crocs didn't see the best of him. They wrongly recruited him as a 4-5 to rebound, play defence & posess a post game.

Kings on the other hand know full well he's useless in transition, can't play D, has no post game, & hates a rebound. Hammer is smart! He will use Ben's strengths. You will all see! & this time next year be eating your words.

Reply #426977 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I wonder what the NBL record is for career minutes played without a dunk for a player 6'11" or over.

Ben would have to be in the running for HOF in that department.

Reply #426979 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

This is the funniest thread I've read for a long time

Reply #427057 | Report this post

youknowME  
Years ago

You're a bunch of morons. Grow up!

Reply #427060 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754