natwhereyouat
Years ago

Kings 2nd Import

Kings have signed a 2nd import and set to announce it soon (hopefully before the weekend).

Who you got?

Topic #32118 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Would he be from SEABL?

Reply #426832 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Will Hudson could be a handy addition but do they have enough scoring without Madgen or Crosswhite?

Reply #426833 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

OK, he's not from the SEABL, Big V etc. He's straight out of college.

Reply #426834 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I thought they were keen on Daequon Montreal.Straight out of college is a cheap option but can be a little risky as its a big step from college to pro basketball.

Reply #426838 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I think they got a good one with Jesse Sanders so far.

Reply #426844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hearing Anthony Bennett

Reply #426854 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

From UNLV? where U hearing it?

Reply #426860 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Oh Whoops I fell for that. LOL. way to ruin my night, was watching game tape like "he will be a beast in this league" then read up, 1st pick of NBA draft... cos I didnt pay attention I allowed myself to be fooled like that Well played

Reply #426862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow youknowme you don't know shiitt

Reply #426864 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sounds like a guard from Heal on twitter, he thinks a very good one of course.

Reply #426875 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Sounds like a guard from Heal on twitter, he thinks a very good one of course.

Well of course he would, but he's also saying that Allen is a good pick up as well, and until I see him get the effort he did from the QBL out of him, I'm going to be on the fence about that...

But... he was right about Corin Henry (to a certain degree) and I was positive about that signing...

Reply #426879 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Losing Crosswhite is such a tough blow, but the two imports will need to be ballers now for them to challenge the top two.

Reply #426883 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

If it's another guard then the Kings will struggle. I thought signing Hill as a 4 was questionable but to replace Crosswhite with Allen is a huge backward step. Heal seems to have a propensity to stack the roster with guards at the expense of forwards.

Reply #426888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If its a guard could be ok, would need Garlepp or Hill to have a bit of a break out year at PF and Ogilvy to star at C, which id assume they are expecting, if that happens and the 2 imports are good and Madgen comes back quickly and in good form they could do ok,

Ogilvy/Allen
Garlepp/Hill
Madgen/Harvey
Import/White
Sanders/Gleeson

a solid 7 rotation with Harvey and Hill off the bench, and exciting to see some of the new faces including the imports and how they go, could be ok, could be bad, will be interesting to see i think they will come somewhere around 6th, if all goes well could sneak into the 4.

Reply #426901 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

If it's another guard

Hammer has tweeted that they'll announce the new import soon and we will have a very good backcourt this season, so I think it will have to be a guard based on that comment?

Again, we're looking very thin up front, however that's more Crosswhite's "fault" than anything... He doesn't retire and we've got an impressive front line with actually a bit of quality off the bench... Now, well, we've sort of rotated them around... AJ has to fill Crossy's shoes, Garlepp is looking to be a starter and will be required to step up his output to Lazare levels, so really we shouldn't be expecting Allen to put up 10 and 7 each night, but we really DO need to get more out of him than he's been showing in his last few NBL seasons... A lot of the pressure will actually be on Garlepp, Hill and Allen to really strengthen that support from the bench...

Imports straight out of college are notoriously hit and miss, especially shooters... Can someone refresh my memory the last time the NBL got a brilliant (consistent) shooter straight out of college? And don't say Lisch, as he was on the chopping block most of his first season...

Reply #426926 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

ASnonymous it isnt about not knowning shit its about not giving a F*** about the NBA draft unless people I follow make it through. It was apparently a crap draft year anyway

Reply #426935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^wrong thread youknowME

Reply #426936 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

You didnt read earlier then

Reply #426947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not Anthony Bennett from UNLV

Reply #426963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imports straight out of college are notoriously hit and miss, especially shooters... Can someone refresh my memory the last time the NBL got a brilliant (consistent) shooter straight out of college? And don't say Lisch, as he was on the chopping block most of his first season...

Too true but Chris Warren had his nights with the 36ers (41% FG, 36% on 3pt).

Reply #426968 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Chris Warren has just signed a contract in French Pro A. Some guys do struggle to step up which is sometimes maturity as we have remember some of them are only 22 years of age.

Reply #426980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was playing in France last season

Reply #426983 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

So much for an announcement today unless Nat is going to give us a heads up.

Reply #427007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754