Carcus Mamby
Years ago

Delly summer league watch

Currently in the 4th qtr, getting decent court time and getting props from kerr and miller. Not looking out of place too much at the moment.
Goulding hasnt seen any time yet. 56/55 cleveland up in the 4th

Topic #32154 | Report this topic

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

finished with 18min 1/3 2pts 3rbs 5 assists, 4 turn overs +6 cavs win.

Reply #427523 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hopefully he can keep the turnovers down.

Reply #427525 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Yeah he's going to have to lift those stats and drop those turnovers if he wants a shot

Reply #427527 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Also had 2 steals 1 block and 3 rebounds....

Reply #427534 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Cavs no 4 pick from 2012 didn't really show Delly up, Dion Waiters played 28 mins and had 5 assists and 3 points on 1/11 shooting.

Reply #427537 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Dion Waiters has proved himself in the NBA already, there's no point comparing the two because there's no pressure on waiters to perform.

Reply #427539 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Its alright, if given time Delly will follow this up with a good one.

Reply #427540 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

I thought he looked pretty good. Overreached on a few passes and traveled once but seemed to be up with the tempo. I don't think he's going to be a liability on defense he actually did a nice job even getting a pretty good block and seems to have a hand in the face or use physicality to be thereabouts defensively. If he can use this summerleague to improve his perceived weaknesses I think he'll be pretty stiff not to make a roster somewhere. Also his physique and conditioning looks pretty good.

Reply #427551 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I noticed that from draft videos... he is in pristine shape

Reply #427554 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

ESPN summer league preview referred to him as "the dimunitive Aussie guard" who models his game after Steve Nash.

Dimunitive? Steve Nash?

Reply #427559 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Well I guess he would be diminutive if he was playing center so there kind of right. lol.

Reply #427561 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

maybe they read his measurements at 4'6" instead of 6'4"?

Reply #427577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

baynes got posterized today

Reply #427587 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Ambercrombie on tomorrow for phx, can see dell getting the start next cavs game, the starting point guard chris quinn is a scrub!!

Reply #427591 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The best thing about Chris Quinn is his old official NBA.com bio photo:

http://www.wallcoo.net/sport/NBA_Heat_0809/images/quinn_pe_wallpaper_081106.jpg

He's actually had some decent minutes in the NBA. Delly is better than him all day every day.

Reply #427626 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Baynes did get posterised, but otherwise he had a good game for the Spurs in their win over the Bobcats.
Baynes had 5 points, 8 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block and 2 turnovers in 29min. He had the best +/- of any player on court at +10.

Delly performed well and IMO will only get better as he gets more comfortable. For mine, he just needs to limit the TO's...he otherwise did what he had to do.

Reply #427630 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

would be good to see these games, stats never tell the full story

Reply #427631 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Watch games live via this link:

http://www.streamhunter.eu/basketball-live-streaming-video.html

Reply #427634 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Thanks LC!

Reply #427644 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

"I had a couple of offers, but Cleveland seemed the best fit for me," Dellavedova said. “They're looking for a third point guard, so I’m trying to compete for that spot.”
“For a first game playing with guys I don’t really know, I thought I did all right,” Dellavedova said. “I’d like that one transition pass back, though.”

Jamahal Mosley, Cleveland’s summer league coach, said he’s looking beyond the stats in Dellavedova’s case.

“He’s a worker. He’s a pit bull,” Mosley said. “He’s trying to make everyone better, and he’s a leader without having to say much. I was very happy with what I saw of him.”

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/nba-summer-league/cavs-dellavedova-adjusting-nbas-faster-game

Reply #427645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too slow for nba

Reply #427787 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Well he might be.. I did see a few passes picked off that he tried to make. I think he might miss out this year, but go to europe work more on his game.. come back and have maybe a half decent shot of making a roster. I thought it was a bit unfair what they did to goulding... was in for a minute and did ok and was taken off before he could prove anything.

Reply #427791 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Not unfair really to Goulding.
He was never supposed to play Summer league,just to train with the guys and that was the expectation that was given to him.
He might get some garbage time in the last couple games.

Reply #427812 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

That was a really bad game of basketball. Not going to read anything into Delly's performance in that one. Wow the refs were whistle happy and Waiters is the hungriest man on the planet.

Reply #427813 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

A lot of guys on both teams who arent to fond of passing!

Reply #427824 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Alot better start this game for Delly.

Positive is his +- when on court has been good in summer league play. Yeah 13 assists in total for both teams in the last game shows how "team" orientated summer league is.

Reply #427940 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754