Mick
Years ago

Ron Artest not playing NBA next season

So Ron / Metta has said he will not be playing in the NBA next season and that he's looking to go to China to have a crack at averaging 40 ppg before he gets too old. He's getting paid out 7.3 mil by the Lakers so salary isn't a concern.

Would be great to see an NBL club have a crack at him. For some reason I really want to see him go head-to-head with Mark Worthington.

He could probably even play centre in the NBL...

Pipe dream but it would be entertaining as all hell to see.

Topic #32158 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Honestly I don't think any NBL teams would take him on considering his past, even though yes he is talented.

Imagine how many fights he would get into here. The play is so much more physical in Aus. He'd get knocked, no foul, get up and sly punch someone

Reply #427646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would flog the crap out of Worthington. Hope he does go overseas he has made his millions in NBA.

Reply #427647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if he does sign with an NBA team he will lose his guaranteed $7mil salary from the lakers. that's why he won't be playing there and is looking elsewhere

Reply #427654 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I don't think so Nat. I don't think he'd take it seriously enough. He'd just be smiling all the time and having a laugh.

Unless of course he played Shawn Redhage. Then yes of course he will replicate the Harden incident.

Reply #427655 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

I agree with Mick, unless someone went out of their way to piss him off then he wouldn't be taking it to seriously.

Reply #427657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every NBA team would kill to get Artest.

Someone should try and have a go, he's getting paid by the Lakers next season regardless so money won't be an issue and being Artest is up for trying new and strange things, even considered playing in England during the lockout.

Reply #427660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every NBL team that should be

Reply #427661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It all makes sense now Artest is putting all this stuff out there just to try and scare a crap NBA team from claiming him off waivers.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/12/report-metta-world-peaces-top-preference-is-clippers-or-china-or-football/

Supposedly he actually wants to sign with the Clippers.

Reply #427664 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Yeah the NBL teams shouldn't take him on if they could, they should just get a player less skilled and won't pack a stadium out. He's been pretty much incident free for a few years now, except for the Harden incident pretty much. Would be funny as shit to see him announced by 6ers though lol

Reply #427685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just signed with New York Nicks

Reply #427939 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754