Isaac
Years ago

Metta World Peace to Knicks for two year deal

Metta World Peace has agreed to a two-year deal with the Knicks.

"I don't care if I'm starting, or sweeping the floors. You hear me? I want to win," he said.
Full story

Topic #32171 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see New York continue with a well thought out plan of....um.....grabbing anybody who becomes available who was good about three years ago but doesn't fit well with any of the other players they have.

MWP is just a liability at this stage of his career.

Reply #427972 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Did he not previously say he did'nt want to play in the NBA anymore?

Reply #427989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For 1.6 million I think it's a good move by NY.
Yeah he's past his best but considering what 1.6 mill will get you in the NBA he is a steal.

Reply #427994 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

LC, MWP says a lot of things

Reply #427997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Knicks could amnesty Stoudamire I will be happy

Reply #428000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Add Bargnani to that list!

Reply #428051 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Knicks used their amnesty a few years ago on Billups after they picked up his team option

Reply #428075 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm a Knicks fan and pleased with the signing.
The team have a tough nosed defensive player.
Providing the man keeps himself sensible on the court, we have a great signing.

Reply #428110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So stoked about this. Artest, Amare AND JR off the bench? Knicks looking deeper, and a tad younger (not much).

Don't understand how this could be a bad signing. Who's available that will be that price and this good? Nobody. Mike Brown won't take any shit, and Artest will help Brown bring that hard nosed defence we all miss from the 90s Knicks days. The guy is a NYC native too, so you can guarantee he will want to win more than ever in his home city.

This Knicks team is absolutely a threat in the East this season... Again!

Reply #428153 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

That was me above and I meant Woodson. Ughhhh, good one me

Reply #428156 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Sorry, Artest is too old to play good defense anymore. Plus besides him and Chandler, who really plays D on this team? Carmelo does only when it suits him, JR & Amare don't and Bargnani is horrible, you might as well give him a fluoro jacket and a lollipop sign. Whoever is building this team seems really confused as to what they want to do

Reply #428412 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754