Whitey
Years ago

Dandenong's SEABL coaches

I have a slighty random question for a seabl buff or dandy fan.

I have started following the seabl this year since moving to hobart and have attended most of the chargers home games.

My question is what has the coaching career path of the dandy head coaches been?

My reasoning is that the coaching staff were so positive and energetic, and really radiated a very good vibe.

Both head coaches seem to be young, are they new to the job?

Topic #32181 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darren Perry the Mens coach was a former Tassie Devils player fwiw.

Reply #428134 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Darren Perry was a great PG for the South East Melbourne Spectres and has been coaching juniors at Dandy for the past 5 or so years. He's one of the most genuine guys in Australian Basketball and yes he has a very positive aura. Whitey, I suggest next time you see him go say hi, it would be one of the best chat's you've had in a long time.

Don't know too much about Paul, but he's resume stacks up well...

Reply #428145 | Report this post

Green25  
Years ago

Paul was also from the Nunawading Spectres

Reply #428148 | Report this post

hugh j  
Years ago

Paul Flynn is from Nunawading where he played juniors and he was an ITCP coach . Nice guy very determined and focused and rotates his bench well to develope younger players.

Reply #428180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flynn's a great guy too and both he and DP are well respected as coaches there.

Reply #428212 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Hey Whitey. If you're down at Chargers games, go up to Mark Nash (if he's not busy chasing after his kids) and chat to him about coaching pathways. It'd be a good chat too.

Reply #428224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flynny is an unbelievable guy and coach! Doesn't matter where or who he coached he would get the best out of the talent! BA should be looking at him for development into the national teams!

Reply #428225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said Sarah!

Reply #428236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not Sarah although I am sure Sarah does think the same about her husband!

Reply #428245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flynny probably started this thread... lets be honest!

Reply #428268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol! Looks like rats are starting to jump at Dandy. Another great association down the tubes.

Reply #428325 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754