Sanaa
Years ago

Southern Tigers Womens New Coach.

Im not too sure if this is old news but the Southern Tigers have aquired Noel Robertson to lead the rebuilding senior womens program for the next 2 year! Its probably a good thing after the last coach got rid of all the dead wood and has left a clean slate with some quality juniors who are now ready to step up to the plate and play some consistent ball. They probably need just a few quality seniors and they will definately be in finals. Even though some may think that womens ball is boring, I have in the past few years watched the likes of Peddle, Fricker, Nelson, and Buza entertain the crowds down at Morphett Vale with some damn classy action. Good luck girls and extra good luck coach Robertson!

Topic #322 | Report this topic

Lauren  
Years ago

Being a club junior I have seen the girls play and the big bombs let go by Peddle and the uncanny nack to find the basket by fricker really makes the game something to watch.
Question, would Tracey Braithwaite come back to tigers?
I think that looking at the bench last year - I could even get a game!
Sometimes it actually looks like they suit who ever is in the stadium at the beginning of the game to come off the bench?
Sometimes the bench looks more interested in what foods in the bar afterwards?

Reply #2458 | Report this post

mike  
Years ago

Beside the girls, Noal is a great coach. Experienced at State. Good to see him as a head coach.
Who do you think got the Sturt girls to the National title game? Definately not Lucas! Just ask the my Sturt girls, and anyone else who has played for him.

Reply #2459 | Report this post

Omar  
Years ago

I am very excited to see the new coach Noel to do his stuff with the rebuilding of the tiger girls. The girls need some wise guidance and with Noel's background with state and going to nationals with abl it will be put to good use!

Good luck Noel and I would love to see the girls get to the finals next season, its about time they got some rewards for giving 100% all time even when they are down!

Reply #2518 | Report this post

myob  
Years ago

are you serious? noel only got the job because no one better applied for it, apart from Mr Kinghorn but do we really want to go there? southern only care about the mens program so werent 2 fussed about who took the women. as for "Sanaa" going out and watching the likes of nelson and buza play for the past few years, thats interesting considering its was their first season at southern last year, but hey whos counting? oh and please dont confuse peddle with being a quality player we all know why she got court time!

Reply #3407 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

lol, thats a little bit harsh dont you think!!!? Fact is she is capable of playing at that level and that she would be playing in pretty much any other team based on what she showed this year.

These girls have the potential to do well. They beat West early in the year and should have taken care of norwood if it wasn't for some poor execution. Pity about the 12+ game losing streak, but with another year of experience, they will improve.

myob LOL

Reply #3411 | Report this post

Monica  
Years ago

I think if you knew your basketball then you would realise you need a strong support group to play and stand as one. Myob you need to wake up....yes southern girls need some rebuilding but noel is a bloody good coach. and unless u r on the committee for tigers, how do u know that no one else applied! and as for kinghorn, how can u comment on that wen he had nothing to work with and had the likes of the harwoods to try and make play some kind of decent ball.

And i thought this forum was for discussion about issues and not for dogging people, so unless u have something good to say then dont bother posting anything. I think Peddle has potential, she just needs time to shine! Under noel, this should come out!

And knowing the sad ass u proly are considering u have no idea about wots going on with basketball, peddle would kick your ass!!!!!

Reply #3431 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

yeh, way too harsh on the tiger women. peddle was defintely one of their better players for the year.

Reply #3436 | Report this post

annoyed  
Years ago

yeah she was considering she didnt play D and just hung around half court for easy cherry picks, quite easy to get 20pts a game like that.

Reply #3441 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

reality check anyone??

Reply #3442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Annoyed,

I dont think she scored 20pts in a game this yr, so get ur facts straight and i think she plays better D than your mumma!

Reply #3448 | Report this post

x  
Years ago

Clearly very few of you have any idea about the Southern women.

Peddle has her good days and days where you want to slap her, but tell me a womens team that doesnt go through that with everyone of their team mates. I can tell you now she is playing some awesome ball in reserves and i am looking forward to her carrying this on next year and making herself a force in the ABL in a team that will be a force. Sure there was the the falling in the hole in the middle of the season, but none of you know what went on in that team. There were major issues that factored into that.

Raab, we didn't beat West, went down my 2 in the season opener and got done by 30 odd second time round. And we did beat Norwood first time by 2 in OT. Didn't get them second round though.

The girls are all quite excited to have Noel take them on, and no Noel and Ryan werent the only applications, Ryan didn't apply to continue.

And if you wonder how i know all this, i am actually a member of the Southern womens team. Probably one of the ones Lauren reckons she can get a jersey ahead of!

Alot of people need to stop talking crap about things they dont know about. The Southern women are an exciting young team, and are looking forward to an fresh start and a good season with Noel.

Reply #3486 | Report this post

myob  
Years ago

hey x woman, who is lauren?

Reply #3582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Myob....

Look at the second post on this forum, i think thats who x is referring too...

Reply #3584 | Report this post

roarproud  
Years ago

Being a junior CUb of the southern womans abl team last year, there was NO lauren who trained with us at all...is she maybe an under20?? Yeah they didnt even play reserves, like mentioned above please girls and boys get your facts straight before writing on here...and look out for the young team in the future maybe not next season but noel is very much up to the job!!

Reply #3590 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

I know for a fact that Ryan did apply for the job after quitting.

Reply #3599 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Well i think your facts are a little off. I have just spoken to Ryan and he only put his hand up if the club could not find a coach to follow on his rebuilding. He has said he has more interest in watching for a change.

Reply #3602 | Report this post

myob  
Years ago

i think mr kinghorn did enough watching last season, suprised he didnt want to coach for a change. and while we are getting our facts straight he did apply for the job.

Reply #3743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Myob,

Unless u identify urself as a member of the committee or ur just on a wild goose chase because u lead a boring, sad life then i think u should have the guts to ask ryan yourself to find out the so called 'facts' u keep referring too. By doing this i think u will find that he didnt apply and being a southern tiger myself i think he did ok considering the team he was given last season. So before u start accusing someone of something, mayb be a man and ask them first and then i will not hesitate to agree with you!

Reply #3746 | Report this post

myob  
Years ago

dear anonymous, good thing you have identified yourself it has given me the inspiration to identify myself.
yours sincerely, myob

Reply #3749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Myob.

I do not intend to identify myself as i am not making wild accusations as u r. I have been told by ryan the full story and i believe him, he has no reason to lie. Unless u have greater intelligence, or u r ryan then i really dont know how you could no wot he did and didnt do. Please inform me of how u know wot u THINK u no is correct, and i would take great pleasure in letting u no the truth. Identifying urself would be a bonus too, so then i could either praise u with very informed gossip or just laugh!

(and funny how u found only a comebak for the identification factor and not anything else, i take it i am right then)

Reply #3755 | Report this post

myob  
Years ago

hey anonymous, sorry i didnt address the rest of your so called response. ryan would have a lot of reason to lie he doesnt want to look like the loser he has already proved to everyone he is. hes trying to salvage whatever dignity he has left and let me tell ya that aint much. but hey im sure hes told you the truth because you guys are so tight and all.
ps is this sarah

Reply #3790 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

I HEARED ....
ryan kinghorn was about to be sacked and when found out just decided to quit. he did then reapply for the job when word got around that southern couldnt find an abl coach.
ryan was a good coach and had good ideas but just didnt utilise them with the players he had.

Reply #3807 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Please keep it on topic and friendly. Don't make any allegations that you aren't willing to back up in court. You're anonymous to other posters, but if it comes down to it, investigators can use ISP and phone records to track who has said what.

Reply #3817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No this is not sarah. Wot would be the point in sarah putting anything on here? I think she has better things to do with her time than argue with ppl that do not no wot they r talking about!!! And yes mayb i shouldnt be arguing, waste of time! But i think ryan is a good coach and did his best, i dont really think he or others in southern tigers really care wot u think myob.

Reply #3908 | Report this post

Yosemite Sam  
Years ago

Enough trash talk please.

Reply #3939 | Report this post

Tibor  
Years ago

I've played against Ryan, and he struggles!!! Man could not hit a jump shot to save his life!! At least his sister got some ability!!

Reply #4449 | Report this post

disgusted  
Years ago

As londg as they teach their juniors to play and not wrestle and rough house like I have experineced of late at Morphett Vale.

Coupled with incompetent referees the junior trip south is a woeful experience.

Reply #5273 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

If your kids can't handle the rough stuff go play another sport. You obviously lost and the games will be rough if the umpires do not contro9l it. Southern juniors are not taught to wrestle they are just taught to play hard. Maybe you should change your nickname to 'I'm soft'Any by the way whats that got to do with Southern Tiger's Women's coach?

Reply #5289 | Report this post

Hey : )  
Years ago

Hey, just reading all this stuff about everyone giving Ryan a hard time.... how about you leave him alone! I am friends with Ryan and he is a great guy and a great coach!!! Myob u should get all your facts straight before you come on here and abuse people you probably dont even know? Like you probably ahvent spoken to Ryan before.. so get your facts straight!!

As for Peddle she is a great player and a great person!!! she tried her hardest all year! She did play D i went to every game at Morphett vale and she was always playing D!!

And that Lauren on here isint Lauren from under 18 div 2!!!

Reply #5552 | Report this post

krazykrok  
Years ago

Lauren don't kid yourself, that was you up there! You've posted on here pretending to be other people so many times now, it's old. Please, don't contradict your posts.

This is a prime example of how a good debatable topic has become a slagging contest. Guys, lets get back on track, alright?

Reply #13412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK Ryan.

Reply #13429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol

Reply #13431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah ok whateva!!! No the Lauren that posted 2nd or something is Lauren from 20's

Reply #13445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok.. verybody lets get this straight.... Lauren that plays under 21 div 2's DID NOT post that second comment... it was probably someone trying to get her in the shit...... but yeah it was not lauren from under 20 div 2

Reply #13468 | Report this post

tiger  
Years ago

TIBOR....
U DONT NO WAT UR TALKING BOUT, IVE KNOWN RYAN FOR A LONG TIME AND HE GETS IN EVRYSHOT SHOT UNDA PRESSURE, I BET HIM $50 FRM THE 1/2 WAY LINE AND I AM NOW $50 POORER, GET YA FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!

Reply #13955 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

MYOB leave sarah and ryan alone wat did they eva do to u. sarah is my coach and ryan helps her put wen we were in div 3. and i have been to the abl games and watch peddle play so lev=ave them alone. the only reason why peddle got court time was because she is really good player. Just cause u suck dosn't give u the right to bag her and ryan out. We all no u suck.

Reply #14090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Tahlia!

Reply #14092 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

thanks anonymous u agree wif me that she sucks and she is just blammimg sarah and ryan? MYOB SUCKS MYOB SUCKS!!!!

Reply #14112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Tahlia I was just showing how immature you are and how you are embarrassing yourself and the Club!

Reply #14116 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Wat
so ur wif myob u must suck as well im not embarrsing my club thats a bit harsh

Reply #14132 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Sorry but i ment wat i said she can't tease sarah and ryan 4 doing nothing. Then why did u say well done tahlia

Reply #14133 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

how do you no my name

Reply #14134 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

any way sarah and ryans coaching ability is a way kool. she took usto the grand final with her trainings and made us win the grand final too.

Reply #14135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sarah and Ryan mucst be pretty good they lost today!! well done guys

Reply #14136 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

is this ryan?

Reply #14139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nope

Reply #14143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, they are great. I hear they lost today to a team that hadn't won a game?

Reply #14144 | Report this post

Peds  
Years ago

Hey everyone....
Ok just to start, Tahlia, stop writing stuff i think its great that ur sticking up for me but the ppl on here really have no life and got nothing better to do so dont bother wot they say...ur a cool chick. just relax, we r bigger than them! And as for loosing today, its summer season, who even remembers who wins the round games. And just incase u didnt know, last season (first season in coaching) i came 8TH in summer season and then followed through by loosing only 1 game in winter and not drop a game and win the grand final...so seriously no one remembered us coming 8th but yet every1 remembers we won the grand final...So dudes stop arguing, have ur opinions but make it something worthwhile and actually TRUE.

Reply #14149 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Ur rite sarah. they must have nothing bettr to do then pick on somebody.
Ur welcome.

Reply #14168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah summer season has nothing to do with it though... i dont know why this topic has got onto peddle but lets get bak on track huh?

Reply #14189 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

how did u no my name?

Reply #14403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

everyone knows its u!!!

Reply #14465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how do u think everyone knows your name when someone wrote "Well done Tahlia!" and you wrote thanks? does that answer your question?

Reply #14476 | Report this post

yeahyeahyeah  
Years ago

Guys, give this kid a break, she's only defending what she knows is right, her coach and her idol by the sounds of things! I agree with Anonymous 14189, lets get things back on track!

Reply #14514 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

yea. but anonymous how do u no me?
Do i no u?

Reply #14556 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

yeahyeahyeah- r u ryan?

Reply #14557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no its not ryan... i know u from the club

Reply #14565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noel is a great coach and a great guy! he knows his stuff and im sure the girls will go well this year! good luck Noel and girls.....

Reply #14569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do i no u

Reply #14584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are u talking to?

Reply #14587 | Report this post

Professor shot  
Years ago

If anything noel will do great work with the girls i would look out for them this year.
Good luck 2 the team

Reply #14588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats what i reckon Noel will do really well with the team this year!

Reply #14591 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Noel is a good coach but the group he is working with will not get results. The team is too short and requires a player that can come up big against the better sides.

Reply #14595 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

anonymous i was talking to u

noel is great but ryan did bettr. Good luck noel

Reply #14637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ryan did better?? No!!! U wait and see how well Noel goes... yeah they do have big players... maybe some of them are samll but they have talent... they will go very well this year!!!

Reply #14642 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Noel will go really well but ryan was a good coach.

Reply #14693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigergirl how can you say Ryan did better when you havent even seen what Noel has done yet? Ryan coached a whole season and did ok in some areas... Noel hasnt even started coaching yet... Noel will do better! lets just wait and see ok?

Reply #15022 | Report this post

WOGBOY45  
Years ago

Tigergirl how can u say Ryan did better when u proly wouldn't have a clue? i think we should have a block on this website to anyone under 15 so that this girl would stop posting this crap. it's so irrelevant and has ruined a decent discussion.

Jeez, some people on this forum have something SERIOUS against some Southerners.

My opinion - Ryan did a great job getting rid of all the dead wood and bringing through a bunch of youngens in order to set the womens side up for victory in a few years time. If Ryan had have continued, I have no doubt that the womens team would have been quite successful in future years. However Noel has taken over now and has in the past proven to be an outstanding coach and therefore will take the girls through to a successful year.

Alot of people forget that Ryan is a good coach and concentrate on the fact that he and Peddle have a relationship beyond the coach-player one... let's forget about all that. They were mature enough to keep that out of basketball. Give it up everyone its old.

And by the way TIGERGIRL - YES you are embarrassing the club. Stop posting please!!!

Reply #15337 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Fine. Yea ur rite i can't judge noel cos i havn't seen him coach. But i thinkhe will do well.

wogboy45- don't tell me wat 2 do.

Reply #15372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Tahlia you are embarrassing the club and so many people think that.. how about you stop posting on here and save yourself and the club from embarrassment.. This post has gone WAY out of hand and its not doing any good to the club.. we know u like Ryan and he is a good coach but he isnt coaching the ABl team anymore so get over it ok?

Reply #15408 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

can you southern people stop turning this forum into a soap opera and talk about relevant stuff. much appreciated.

Reply #15415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree lets get back on track!

Reply #15453 | Report this post

nananana  
Years ago

ur gay im gay we are all gay

Reply #15688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ook???

Reply #15768 | Report this post

Mr X  
Years ago

Tahlia or tigergirl, whatever you call yourself you dont know 1/2 the stuff that happens in Abl (unless Sarah told you at sleepovers) so keep your mouth shut unless we're talking about U14's or whatever you are now. You are seriously making a fool of yourself because no sensible person believes the crap that comes out of your mouth! this is a grown up conversation if you didnt already get that!
I find it very amusing that in a team sport where players stick up for one another the only person that sticks up for sarah is a little girl with no idea. No one from her team does so that says a lot about her as a person doesnt it! Reality check "peds"!!

Reply #16214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

harsh but true! it had to be said. Tahlia alot of people are holding back to tell you to shut your mouth at the club. so how about you just stop. Well said Mr X love ur work

Reply #16328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

harsh but true! it had to be said. Tahlia alot of people are holding back to tell you to shut your mouth at the club. so how about you just stop. Well said Mr X love ur work

Reply #16329 | Report this post

Ya Mum  
Years ago

Agreed! it had to be said! Cheers to Mr X.

Reply #16330 | Report this post

charcoal  
Years ago

i think someone mentioned that the southern tigers womens team is one of the youngest in the ABL.....it shows doesnt it??

Reply #16331 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Enough. I think you might find Tahlia hasnt been on here for quiet a while, so lets just leave it alone.

Reply #16332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no everyone is allowed to put in their oppinion and yeah Tahlia hasnt been onher for ages maybe she has learnt her lesson!!!

Reply #16410 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Yes i hav learnt my lesson but IN THE KNOW every1 has a rite 2 there appinion about me. there only doing cause they have nothing else to talk bout. So don't worry i don't really care wat they say.

Reply #16434 | Report this post

ashleigh  
Years ago

come on guyz, lets get bak on trak and not fight. this site is 4 talkin bout stuff, not fighting bout stuff.....much appreciated

Reply #16438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Tahlia everyone has there own oppinion but your making it into a fighting post... just stop it ok! you have had a chance on what u wanna say and you have said it now enough.

Reply #16701 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Anonymous, how can i b making it into a fighting post u guys r the 1s fighting by saying all that mean stuff about me. And yeah every1 can have their oppinion so why can't i?

There are only 2 reasons why i havn't been on because i HAD learnt my lesson about ritghty that stuff about sarah and ryan and 2nd is because i was trying to see how long the teasing me would last.

Reply #16714 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

And its still going.

Reply #16715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is teasing you.. everyone is just dissapointed in what u ahve been writing. You are making it in a fighting post!

Reply #16750 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

no im not if u don't want it to b a fighting post get it bak on track and stop saying stuff bout me just talk about wat the topic is and ill leave it alone

Reply #16854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your telling me to leave it alone... Tahlia you are the one that has made so many STUPID comments!!!! STOP!!!!!!!

Reply #16874 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No more posts on this thread. Reply to this topic and you get blocked. No warnings.

Reply #17130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754