Happy Days
Years ago

Ben Allen Watch

With Sydney Kings coach Shane Heal watching on, Ben Allen put in one of his best performances of the season: 2 points 5 Rebounds against Frankston last night.
Enough said....

Topic #32204 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

MVP?

Reply #428685 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

His form the past three games has dropped off sharply. Has this coincided with starting pre-season with the Kings? Injured? Or just relaxed after getting an NBL contract?

Reply #428687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No credit to defensive job Frankston may have put in?

Reply #428688 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Credit to Grant Dennis who at 6-3 giving Allen 7 inches head start did a very good job. It was a chance for Allen to dominate a smaller opponent.

Reply #428689 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If Frankston played Mt Gambier the past three weeks I'd give them all the credit in the world, and from playing against Grant through juniors I know he is a mean defender.

But I would like to know why Allen went from averaging 14 & 11 the previous two months to 6 & 6 the past three games.

Reply #428691 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Just doing all the small things.
Hustle king of the seabl

Reply #428694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor man's Horace Grant

Reply #428706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hill only 15 as well. No idea what Heal is thinking. Kings will see these to players get very limited time. Maybe Allen is the new Graham Dann.

Reply #428716 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Has his Kings contract signed so time to kick back.Billy is a beast and you'll know youve been in a game if he is defending you.

Reply #428717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amen Happy Days

Reply #428721 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Signed with kings then relaxed knowing having a contract.
Did same last season was up then down so fast.

Reply #428735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Current word is exactly that Contract = relax. However I faik to understand why you would lay down relax with your head caoch in the stands watching.

Reply #428744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The last three games have been against knox when he was in early foul trouble and thus restricted in his out put, the next night against geelong always tough in geelong after a game the night before and then last night was ordinary performance not just by him but the whole team, Heal had been in town for half the week working a number of players out, did he push them to hard before the game on Friday? I agree there has been a drop off but not just from Ben, from the entire team. they have lost 3 of their last 4. two of those losses being Bendigo and Geelong. Its more than just Ben having played poorly the last three games the whole team has which would suggest it is something else than just contract signing.

Reply #428750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Heal not want to coach in the NBL any more?

Reply #428752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Means nothing - Allen will do okay under heal as he did in the qbl

Reply #428755 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Thanks anon 750.

Reply #428757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Paul you really dont know a lot do you. Heal push players? Yeah he has he pushed Crosswhite into retirement. heal was working players out? The ones that were already contracted? I doubt that.
Hill will be a bust and Allen too. Hills dad has assembled a good side and who knows who is funding that. Down the stretch it will be interesting to see how the Pioneers will travel. Everyone
that knows anything about their last game knows that the Pioneers got out of jail with their win after Aleen shot that shot after the buzzer. Seabl had their hands tied and could do nothing about the result.Now they lose their next one with 2 Kings players playing in front of their head coach both with a piss poor performance.
Yet you excuse them cos its 'tough' Stick to posting about the NBL o/s even tho many of them have never played in the nbl

Reply #428758 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Thanks buddy, I feel a lot better about my lot in life after reading that.

Reply #428759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel better? fantastico. Keep posting about all the NBL players o/s. Even the ones that have never played nbl nor ever will and those that have played nbl and will unlikely never return. it's important you know.
Its a bit like voices posting about Dr Ng in the aba no one actaully cares.

Reply #428762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon 758. I suggest it is you who doesn't know a lot, that is evident from your post. Yes the shot against knox was late. Even if disallowed the scores were tied. Pioneers had as much chance, perhaps more particular given phillip had fouled out, to win in OT so the result may have well have been allowed. They were many calls during the game, like any gam which if reviewed would be wrong. For example the two "three" points given to knox when they should have been called as two pointers. In any event it is hardly Ben's or any of the Pioneers fault the shot was allowed.

You then say that they lost their next one with the Kings coach present. I didn't know he was in Geelong last Saturday so thanks for letting us all know he attended two pioneers games in a row.

Heal seemed to do alright with the squad he had last year in Sydney? I would have thought to get the results he did he would have pushed players in workouts to get the game day results, but then again that maybe common sense and you seem to have none.

Not surprised you doubt that Heal worked out players including those already contracted because you obviously have very limited knowledge. It was even reported in the media (yes I know it was only the local paper which is very small in readership etc etc but it was reported in the media none the less). He not only worked out Allen and Hill but also a couple of the other guys and did some sessions with the young up and coming locals.

Your right in Coach Hill assembling a good team, your comment about funding seems to suggest you know how much each are getting paid, which I doubt. I don't have any idea and don't pretend too, but could it be that some are playing for not much but are there because they see it as a way to develop their games and hope to impress to sign NBL contracts? It is not always about the money to some.

Reply #428796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what you are saying is that it seems Heal did indeed work them out and after this workout their and others on court performace Vs the Blues wasnt crap. good. Hard work out cant play 1/2 a day later!!! Crap.

Reply #428797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the same Blues that just lost to the Bandits today? The same Bandits that got flogged by Dandy last night? Gee that must have been one hell of a workout.

Reply #428800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Mick I know about a few other players who got signed by the ex CEO without coach consultation. Feel sorry for Woolpert.

Reply #428803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ANON,

The same Blues who had 3 sick players and one injured big. Alb - Wod played very well and were deserved winners but don't down play the effort of the Frankston players who played very well at Mt Gambier.

Particularly Grant dennis effort on Ben Allen.

Reply #428813 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Watched Frankston v Albury today and both teams were evenly matched. Would like to see Walker get more looks.Jenkins played well but hes more of a combo guard than a pure 1. Wouldnt be surprised if Albury go with a new 1 and Momo next year. Frankston are building well for the future.

Reply #428818 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah smythe told woolpert that he re signed mick cedar and ben allen after the fact and allegedly via a text message. Woolpert was furious and its also why him getting knifed was really not for reasons under his control.

However the poster up thread is not me.

This is getting pretty stupid with such an obvious solution in mandatory registration to post on this forum so easy to implement.

Reply #428821 | Report this post

Or you could simply sign in yourself and get a picture under your name like you've been told before

Reply #428822 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Choosing a profile picture isnt an option in my edit profile settings tab. So no i cant do that.

Besides the impersonations, it would make the threads a million times better without all the nonsense that gets posted by anonymous posters

Reply #428943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blues would have had 3 sick players for obvious reasons.

Reply #428972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ do tell.

Reply #428984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they didnt have enuf to eat

Reply #428989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A classic Ben Allen performance for the Kings against the Tigers last night:

2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover & 5 fouls in 17:35

Yeah baby!

Reply #434421 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

The thing i struggle to understand is how a near 7 footer only has 2 boards in 17 mins? been like that his whole career. I recon if i put a 6 foot 8 rugby player who only played bball at school out there on an nbl court he'd grab at least 5 boards. Ben Allen is just a pea hearted girl i guess.

Reply #434423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry to go there but is he a p00 pusher? he has that look about him

no offence meant to anyone just an observation

Reply #434442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tonight vs the Tigers

2 points (1/1) & 3 rebs in 17:36

Reply #434468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

0.8ppg after 5 rounds.

Reply #444014 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Must be cutting alot of oranges....

Reply #444017 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Luckily for Sydney Ogilvy is having a great season.

Reply #444021 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

Ben Allen really just shouldn't be a professional Basketball player in any league that respects itself. If he want's to be a pro... he should bugger off to whatever league Scott Christopherson is in and Bring Ayinde Ubaka with him.

Reply #444025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754