Anonymous
Years ago

Australian Boomers camp this Friday?

According to www.basketball.net.au on the calendar there is a Boomers camp.

Anyone know who is and isn't available?

Obviously Bogut won't be but how about Delly? Exum? Baynes? Ingles etc?

Topic #32215 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

My team with all available (excluding Bogut)

Dellavedova
Mills
Baynes
Motum
Ingles

Exum
Newley
Nevill
Andersen
Broekhoff

Cadee
Ogilvy

Reply #428921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding,Gliddon and Simmons should get camp invites

Reply #428933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definately

Reply #428939 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

my team

Delly (if availible)
Patty
Ingles
Motum
Baynes

Cadee
Goulding
Cam Gliddon
Cam Bairstow
Luke Nevill
Blanchfield
Anthony Petrie

Wondering who has made themselves availible however. Would be good to get all the big names in camp and have a good look at where we are going

Reply #428980 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Delly will be in camp. We should have a pretty strong aussie team

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/1654738/dellavedova-heads-home-for-boomers-training-camp/?cs=12

Reply #428999 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Patty confirmed
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/basketball/mills-set-to-line-up-at-the-palace-20130719-2q9xb.html

Reply #429009 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Ingles confirmed via twitter

Joe Ingles ‏@Joeingles7 20m
Bring on Friday!! Can't wait to get started with the @AussieBoomers boys!! #boomers #brothers #nzseries

Reply #429011 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Newley is in too. Also confirmed via twitter.

Reply #429018 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jason Cadee has been confirmed as attending via Twitter.

Dante Exum and Ben Simmons also attending as confirmed via Twitter.

Reply #429023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any idea when BA will offically announce the attendees?

Reply #429027 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

With there history on Sat

Reply #429028 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

This is going to be like dropping an atom bomb to kill a fly.

Reply #429029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see many of top players making themselves available if we get motum,Baynes and Nevill we will romp over NZ.

Reply #429030 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

will be interested to see if Jawai is involved in anyway. IF he isnt his citizenship should be revoked I reckon.

Reply #429033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed youknowme I don't even include jawai in any boomer list. This squad is looking good won't need to add guys like wagstaff.

Reply #429037 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Simmons had 18pts and 14 rebounds for the Bulleen Boomers on the weekend.

Reply #429039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan does have a foot injury at the moment... with his size and weight he would need to make sure it has healed.

Reply #429045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee cannot make the Boomers!

Reply #429046 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Why cant he make the boomers? is it because he dominated in the Stankovic cup or is it because he dominated in the World Uni Games?

Reply #429087 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Don't know about dominated but he did play well. Looking at the potential strength of this team I doubt he would get any burn.

Reply #429088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee has had a great stankovic/uni games but he will battle to make this team with mills,Delly and Exum all available.

Reply #429089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Cadee as 3rd string if they use guys like Mills and Exum at sg, which i probably would, and have someone like Gibson, (Martin (currently out injured)) or Markovic play back up pg to Delly, with Cadee fighting them for back up mins as 3rd string pg.

Reply #429091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to see

Delly/Gibson/Cadee
Mills/Exum (or Gliddon if Exum seen to be too young/inexperienced)
Ingles/Newley
Andersen/Motum
Baynes/Nevill/Bairstow

Could easily replace Cadee or Gibson with Goulding or Gliddon and use Mills as 3rd string pg.

If Simmons does well in camp could through him in there aswell for experience as 12th man again probably replacing Cadee.

Reply #429092 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Lol. You can drop Markovic from the equation I think. I am interested to see whos in the squad.

Reply #429099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still impossible to predict without knowing who is in the squad so I will take a shot.
Dellavedova/Cadee
Mills/Goulding/Exum
Ingles/Newley
Motum/Petrie or Bairstow?
Baynes/Nevill/ogilvy
Cadee, Gliddon,Broekhoff? all possibilities to make team and maybe Simmons?

Reply #429109 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Australian Boomers Training Camp - Canberra, July 2013

Name / Height / Position / DOB / Club

David Andersen / 212cm / Centre-Forward / 23 June 1980 / Free agent
David Barlow / 205cm / Forward / 22 October 1983 / Free agent
Ryan Broekhoff / 201cm / Guard-Forward / 23 August 1990 / Valparaiso University (USA)
Matthew Dellavedova / 191cm / Guard / 8 September 1990 / Free agent
Dante Exum / 198cm / Guard / 13 July 1995 / AIS
Adam Gibson / 188cm / Guard / 30 Oct 1986 / Adelaide 36ers (NBL)
Joe Ingles / 204cm / Guard-Forward / 2 October 1987 / Free agent
Nathan Jawai / 208cm / Centre-Forward / 10 October 1986 / Galatasaray Liv Hospital (Turkey)
Brad Newley / 199cm / Guard-Forward / 18 February 1985 / CB Gran Canaria (Spain)
Ben Simmons / 203cm / Forward / 20 July 1996 / Montverde Academy High School (USA)

Reply #429211 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Looking a bit light on in 4/5 big man depth there...

I thought Nate was still injured?

That's only ten players though, not much of a training camp which is usually closer to 15, isn't it?

Reply #429212 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Its only the first training camp, I would expect there would be atleast 1 more before the series. Very happy to see Nate Jawai in there need him in the post for the big tournys.

Reply #429216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also thought Patty Mills confirmed

Reply #429218 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

More names will probably end up being announced in the days ahead I would expect. Cadee also said he was in....

Reply #429220 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I don't think Cadee ever actually said he was in. Patty is still in the states. Confirmed to play against NZ, but looks like will miss this camp.

Reply #429221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

read the article..

"in one of their first core camps to set the team's direction on the road to the 2016 Rio Olympic Games under new Head Coach Andrej Lemanis"

He has kept it small to focus on the next likely stars dante and ben, while including Ryan giving these guys some veterans and key players and opening the door to Nathan Jawai, this is really really smart. my read is he is telling them right from the start you guys are important we need you.

the coach knows guys like Patty and Aron will be there no matter what in the future and bogut will always be selected if fit. then there are is only one or two others to select later on...

read also
"Lemanis said the main focus of the camp would be setting the scene for the Boomers on the road to Rio over the next three and a half years.

"One of the most important things for us going forward will be consistency: establishing the Boomers’ style of play," Lemanis said.

“From a coaching point of view, I also want to understand how we best service our players overseas; how we keep them connected to the program while they’re away and how we best keep those lines of communication open."

finally
The Boomers will tip-off preparations for the 2013 FIBA Oceania Championships with a larger training camp to be held in Canberra at the start of August.

Reply #429229 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:45 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754