Ryan
Years ago

Sixers' Roster

Hello all,

It really is time that Adelaide finalised and named its roster for the upcoming season.

Though no one has actually confirmed anything yet if Farley and Maher sign that will bring the playing list to 8. Does anyone think that the last two spots will go to anyone other than Nick Hambour and Todd Gower? That will just leave the development spots, of which Brad Gerlach will get one. So who will get the other: Jye Watson, Michael Zorich? Who are realistic options?

Topic #3223 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

Ive Said it many times but the sixers would be making a mistake not signing Jye Watson ... I really think he is a better player then gerlach and you can look at the ABL stats from this season to tell you that ...

Reply #37210 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

How many people would think a try out would be the way to go for the sixers to feel the development postions ... if so would players like Dix or Vandenburgh get a look in if they tryed out

Reply #37211 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

truth - it has been said before that Dix is not interested.

But if they did hold try-outs, i might go along, see if i could score a spot!

As for the Watson/Gerlach debate, i think they should take Gerlach, and show some faith in the academy program. The idea of that program initally was to bridge the gap between ABL and the sixers, wasn't it?

Reply #37218 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Didn't someone say Watson was American?

I dunno just thought i heard that!

If not, he should be signed already

Reply #37222 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

No, he's from Vic country, but he did play college hoops in the states.

I also think that Zorich is off to the states sometime in the near future as well.

Reply #37232 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Rees and Watson. There's my tip. There's no way they won't beg the big fella to come back. Without some extra height, they're in big trouble.

Unless of course, Truslove/Dench/Pepper are available for peanuts.

Reply #37233 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think the 36ERS are facing a points cap pinch, but would Watson be a 3 after having played for a college team? One thing I think would impact his chances is that they need a PG rather than a SG.

Breheny was at the last Centrals game, so he would've had a good chance to see what Jye can do.

Reply #37241 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Not one Jye Best games missed alot of getable shots agaisnt sturt .... but still manage to top score in a game which had 2 36ers playing in it ....Truslove is much better option then Reese sorry to say i but i think the big fella days in the nbl are over

Reply #37276 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

if the sixers don't sign a big body they will be in big trouble.

Reply #37287 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Years ago

For me its got to be

Jye Watson Or Brad Gerlach
(Jye for me)

Paul Rees Or Jarrod Hammond
(Had to go with this after he baked the sturt bench after hitting two trays down the stretch after the bench were baking him about his foul shooting technique)

Reply #37301 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

" Billy Bob " you can be serious about Jarrod Hammond playing for the sixers ... Dont get me wrong im a big centrals fan ... and think hammo is a great player but he really isnt a sixers standard player

Reply #37311 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Years ago

The truth, I wasn't being serious. I did however think he played a good game on Sunday. From the stands it seemed Jye and Hammond were the best for centrals.

Reply #37312 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Hammond played his best game as lion on sunday by a mile and yeah jye hammond closely followed by wilkey and vandenburgh would be the best players for centrals in the game sunday

Reply #37324 | Report this post

Wish I could Dunk  
Years ago

The sixers have a roster?

Reply #37354 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

My team:

Maher
Holmes
Forman
Wethers
Rychart

Watson
Nash
Cooper
Truslove
Phillips

I'm out

Reply #37637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two many young guys to really try and whin the finals

Reply #37647 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:36 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754