Ricey
Years ago

Season ticket renewal form never arrived?

So I've just found out that the early bird packages and renewal info was sent out awhile ago. Was completely unaware of this, so I've called to find out what the go is and apparently despite the stuff up on their end they won't be offering the deal I was entitled too. Has anyone else had this issue? Really let down

Topic #32252 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I've adjusted the topic title to what I think you're saying - that the season ticket renewal letter never arrived for you? That what you mean?

Reply #429727 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Yeah Isaac cheers. Had wrong phone number for me too, etc. remember a lot of people going through this last season also.

Reply #429728 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Have you moved and not informed the front office that your details changed?

Reply #429749 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

That is incredibly poor, an not in the best interest of the 36ers either!

I'll bet everyone tries to pull this scam. I'll best everyone ALWAYS receives their renewal information. What a forward-thinking organization!

It shits me off that even at the fundamental level of getting bums in seats and minimizing risk with season ticket holders the club is inept...

Reply #429751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would phone and ask to speak directly to Dean Parker.

He's a good bloke and should be able to help you

Reply #429753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not always the clubs fault, if it is then ring Dean very approachable.

I also suggest get on the mailing list I was aware of the earlybird offer because of links to facebook and also being on their email list before I received the ticket renewal.

Pretty sure it might have also been mentioned on this forum.

Reply #429757 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Haven't moved and only details to change are email in last month, and they had wrong number down to call. It's just annoying that I've had to follow it up, and be told nothing will be done. If I can't get decent area I had last season as a result then I won't even bother with season tickets either. Pity because as far as the team goes its looking better than ever and for once I think we all feel secure with the team/club moving forward yet "small" things like this continue, and I shouldn't have to even bother Dean from his more important duties, it should be a case of "ok this isn't a first for us and we apologise so if you like we can still offer you the deal for the following week/fortnight" instead of "yeah time has passed and we contacted everyone" when clearly not everyone has been.

Reply #429772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair whack Ricey - I knew renewals were out and early bird offers were happening and I live nowhere near SA and have no interest in the 36ers

I'm guessing you stuffed up, tried to plead your case with the club but got told - sorry you missed the deadline - and are now trying to make a scene. If you want tickets, man up and get them, if you don't then move on and stop trying to get sympathy!

Reply #429778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Soooo if you dont get your seat you wont go.... what type of fan is has that mentality. This is the problem with bball fans so fickle!

Reply #429779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah i must admit, I knew ages ago the tickets were available as an early bird. I got mine. Probs best you do contact Dean Parker, before making the club look unprofessional in an area, that may very well be your individual mistake.

Reply #429780 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Crikey Ricey, is you number still on the wall of the Dome's toilets?

Doubt if the Sixers would deliberately omit you. My advice, talk to the nice people in the front office and they might not drop any money off the price, but see if they can get Mitch Creek to personally deliver you tickets.

Reply #429786 | Report this post

Cedar  
Years ago

Sir Ricey of stupidity, have you ever thought that even though they are in desperate need if member. That even the 6ers aren't desperate enough to want you as a member and that they are deliberately making it hard on you so that you DON'T ce to games this coming season.

Reply #429816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australia post may have been at fault, the dog may have ate your mail. you may have been a bit tipsy one night and binned the mail. Why do you assume that it has to be the sixer management fault? sure they make errors, they made an error on mine but were quick to right the error. However, Ricey I am sure you are not too short on common sense. You seem to be good friends with a few of the players. Season is rapidly approaching. Topics on here have been about asking for payment for tickets before coach had been decided etc.

Yet you know expect the sixers to believe they didn't send you a reminder, and they may not have.

Try not paying your car rego when it is due then tell the court that you didn't get your reminder and see how far you get.

I'd try your numerous friends to get you a deal rather than try to under mine their efforts to paint the sixers and the management in a good light rather than white ant them on here.

Reply #429820 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Ill go but I'm not buying season tickets if I don't get spot I want, why would I want season tickets to a spot I won't enjoy?
Didn't say they deliberetly omitted the tickets?
I was told all people where called, yet number they have wasn't. Also others are in same boat, this is my issue.

Sorry I didn't sit on the Facebook fan page all day waiting for an update or on hoops trolling each post on here every day.

Reply #429852 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Hardly trying to undermine the efforts either, as stated clearly I've seen this happen in the past which is why I posted it here, yet everyone gets their knickers in a knot

Reply #429855 | Report this post

Cedar  
Years ago

Sir Ricey. All you ever seem to do here is troll for negative 36era news.

Reply #429874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure all you do, is the facebook and hoops site thing. Probs best to let this one go champ, save it for the dear diary memoirs.

Reply #429881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The amount you are on hoops and Facebook and didn't know what crap.

How did they get the phone number wrong, make it up or did you give the wrong one or forget to change it.

But in true Ricey form, have a cry and not get a season ticket over $30 bucks then buy tickets to every game instead which would cost an extra $100 bucks.

Or probably try and scab free tickets off your mates instead.

From what I have seen Dean is very approachable but from what I have seen like some of us he is not stupid either.

Nice try, the club has jmproved immensely sadly some so called supporters haven't.

Reply #429885 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ricey is a true character of SA Basketball and he feels aggrieved over $30. I want to help.

I hereby pledge to donate $1 to help support fill this shortfall. Is there 29 others who will join me? I will gladly give the $1 to Isaac so that Ricey can collect it from him if he shows Isaac his ticket.

If he wears the red jumpsuit with the urine stain, I'll make it $2.

Reply #429886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd pay $1 not to see him in the red suit again even if I didn't see the urine stain. What I saw was enough to put me off my lunch. Ricey was sitting in the stands with one Mitch Creek tonight, still wondering with connections that close to the club how he didn't know that tickets had gone on sale before now.

Reply #429923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really Ricey ??

Support your mate and go buy your ticket.

If for no other reason because this thread should embarrass you.

Can't wait for season. Hope your there because you paid to be.

Reply #429933 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

I had this issue the last few years. However have always done it online and gained the early bird discount regardless of the crap that comes via the mail. I guess, the info is out there and most people have an inkling when memberships go on sale.
Guess if you're lucky, u can always claim you were o/seas.

Reply #430074 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754