celtic green
Years ago

Pacers trade for Scola

The Pacers traded for Luis Scola for some lower bench players and a draft pick (lottery protected).

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--suns-close-to-dealing-luis-scola-to-pacers-042256047.html

I think they are putting together a really nice bench at the moment. With Scola, & Granger they have solid bench scoring and I can see them trading Granger later in the year for a point guard or some other bench players. I think they might give Miami a run next year, what does everyone else think?

Topic #32268 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Absolutely love the Pacers.

They might just have the best SF,PF,C combination in the league with Granger/George, West, Hibbert.

Their problem is that their PG and SG (Hill and Stevenson) are inconsistent; you might get 40 from that pairing one night and then 5 points the next.

Would have loved/Would love for them to go and get Eric Gordon or Aaron Afflalo

Reply #429976 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Pacers certainly putting together a very good looking team on paper.

Reply #429977 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Yeah agree LC and MACDUB, great looking team but PG/SG positions certainly need addressing if they wish to go further in the playoffs. It was great seeing them challenge the Heat this year, hopefully Hibbert and George keep developing into a great duo

Reply #429978 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Great trade for both sides. Phoenix were just beyond stupid to sign an old, efficient player during a rebuilding phase in Scola, and the Pacers give up two players of absolutely no value and a first round pick for what will turn out to be in all liklihood the best backup big in the league.

Reply #429988 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The big question mark now is going to be whether Frank Vogel can what he hasn't been able to yet: trust his bench.

Reply #429989 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

In Vogel's defence, his bench has been pretty ordinary so far. With Mahimmi, Scola and Granger there I think he has a bit more to work with now

Reply #429997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to see Patty get a start at Pacers. With that starting five they would be a lock.

Reply #430002 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Mahinmi was there all last year, and productive when used. Vogel just never used him.

You're right the bench was pretty ordinary though. If Vogel wants to take that next step as a coach he needs to start trusting his bench like all the great ones do.

Watson in for Augustin is also going to be a plus. Augustin was/is all kinds of terrible.

Also question mark as to whether Lance Stephenson -- taking into account the veritable fact that he is absolutely batshit insane -- can be productive coming off the bench, or alternatively whether George and Granger are two big to start at the two and three spots respectively full-time and you are better off bring Granger off the bench.

Reply #430017 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

*too big

Reply #430018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hibbert/Mahinmi
West/Scola
George/Copeland
Stephenson/Granger
Hill/Watson

I think that is a well balanced team....

Reply #430021 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Granger is nto a SG. The pacers would be better of trading Granger once healthly along with Stephansen for a good SG.

Reply #430026 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They do need to sort out SG, Stephenson would make a great energy guy off the bench, but the Scola pickup is a good one, high IQ player for a high IQ team.

Reply #430028 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Lance, Granger for Afflalo package deal would help them I think. I can't see granger being a bench player and taking a backset.

Reply #430030 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I love the trade for Affalo trade. Granger is a ball stopper and I honestly don't see him fitting in in Indy anymore; George and Hibbert are the main guys and everyone else has to follow them. I can't see Orlando making this trade though, Granger is good enough to make them not terrible and they want to be terrible I think

Reply #430036 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754