YouknowME
Years ago

Tuesday Boomers media... nothing?

I thought I read a few times that the Boomers would be free for media ops today, but nothing has been said about the cmp anywhere on the net.... Has the media turned its back due to KK's being a dud?

Topic #32279 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

They wouldn't have written anything regardless. BA need to deliver stories on a platter, write the angle for anyone able to cover it.

Reply #430172 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

I heard the media were not able to attend as they had to film a story about a fringe second level footballer who sprained his ankle and may or may not be playing this week.

This was obviously important as it had to run first in the sports section of the National nightly news on most commercial channels.

Reply #430174 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Isaac is on the money. BA need to be spoon feeding the media or very little exposure will be generated at all.

Reply #430177 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

It's alright guys, the Opals didn't have media ops or publishable stories, either... OR DID NO ONE NOTICE?!?

--KK

Reply #430179 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Lol. Good ol KK, when will she realise that its just a fact that the Boomers will always be of higher profile then the Opals. It isnt sexism per se, just true. But yeah, I think there acts have scared them away... the closest there is to a story on it is Boti talking about Dellys NBA chances today

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/australian-basketball-olympian-matthew-dellavedova-has-been-invited-to-the-cleveland-cavaliers-preseason-camp/story-fndkzqrr-1226688247844

Reply #430180 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Speaking of which, barely 2 weeks til game time for the Boomers and no announcement for whos showing the game! Would like some confirmation, I mean it was said NBL.TV would show all Boomers games, however they kind of neglected Stankovic Cup etc... So who knows whether they will see fit to show us this series which is the most important of the year for us.

I suggest emailing and harassing Basketball Australia... [email protected]

They have slept on everything else they shouldn't be allowed to sleep on this!

Reply #430188 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Opals often get better coverage than Boomers. I actually suspect their profile might be higher.

Boti is an exception to general coverage.

Reply #430205 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Boti said his mail is that both Oceania games will be on free-to-air.

Reply #430206 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Good article, well done Delly!

Did anyone notice the caption under the photo;

'Matthew Dellavedova in action for the Boomers against Greece at the London Olympics. Source: News Limited'.

Um, someone might want to let them know that Greece didn't qualify for the London Olympics.

Reply #430207 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

The Stankovic Cup wasn't the Boomers team, it was the "Emerging Boomers" team. So there was no obligation to show it on NBL TV.

Reply #430217 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Obligation?

What obligation?

The only obligation here is to maximise the profile of sport in this country, by any means necessary.

Reply #430220 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mick, NBL.TV is a contract with Perform.

Reply #430221 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Personally I don't think the world uni games really warrants being aired in any format, but the idea that BA aren't "obligated" to do it rubs me the wrong way.

Reply #430233 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's a shame it wasnt, one of our best men's performances in a long time and some really good basketball too!

Reply #430239 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

World Uni Games and Stankovic Cup are two different tournaments you're talking about. Both were not the actual Boomers team competing.

NBL.TV is a subscription service, which is contracted to Perform, and included NBL games and Boomers game for twelve months when people signed up last September. All I'm saying is, emerging boomers, under 19's, under 17's, any other teams, aren't included in that agreement.

FWIW the Uni Games were available to watch via Fisu TV, and I believe the Stankovic cup eas able to be watched on livebasketball.tv

Reply #430245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have been told that both Boomers games will be on TV.

Whether that's NBL.tv, FTA or Foxtel live or at midnight, is anyone's guess

Reply #430259 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Again, so many things that BA could be doing that they aren't.

Reply #430278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Uni games is not where you send your best athletes. The athletes should have been selected from the uni games in Australia but I doubt any of our team will be there this year.

Reply #430285 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I can live stream from my mobile, worst case... ;)

Reply #430330 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I agree with Paul... It is some of the best mens basketball Australia has produced in a long time.

Reply #430331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both Boomers/NZ games will be live on FTA TV according to Boti:

Within days, BA will announce the double-header with the Opals-Tall Ferns will be on live free-to-air TV and what would be better than a full house at The Palace?

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/patty-on-the-ball/

Reply #430345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The game in NZ won't be live though

Reply #430348 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754