Anonymous
Years ago

Bucks Trade Jennings for Knight

Brandon Jennings has been traded to the Pistons for Brandon Knight.
Good trade for both teams.
Jennings wanted out and Knight will get his chance to shine as the Buks are thin in the backcourt.

With the additions of Jennings and Smith plus the growth of Monroe and Drummond they could sneek into the 8. Pistons are going to be an interesting team to watch next season.

Topic #32288 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

It will be interesting see if Chauncey Billups can teach Brandon Jennings how to play the game the right way. Pistons looking alright now, at least compared to the purgatory they have been stuck in since Billups left last time.

Reply #430311 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Jennings and Smith will be interesting, both hot heads! Could go both ways really, could be extremely successful with great team chemistry or could end very badly for the pistons!

Reply #430325 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Who wants to play on tge same team as both Jennings & Smith?

Reply #430326 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

I would.....

Reply #430327 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yeah, i'd happily play/sit on the bench of any NBA team

Reply #430347 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

City just went bankrupt, so anything is a positive from here. Jennings and Smith wont want to bicker too much, the fans are already on edge at the palace!

Reply #430367 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Also interesting point that I read somewhere: both guys are getting well under what they wanted dollar-wise, and jennings on way less than the extension he turned down a year or so back (4 years, 40 mil), so you'd think that knock to their egos would knock them down a peg and get them hungry and eager to prove something.

Billups role with this team in the locker room is going to be huge.

Reply #430378 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I think the fact that both Smith (signed through FA) and Jennings (signed and traded) both chose their destination is a positive for Detroit, especially considering they are both on less money than they initially desired. Both players have made it known for a long time now that they wanted a change of scenery and ending up in Detroit, a place they've chosen themselves, will hopefully turn around their on court performances as well.

The second positive about their deals is that should things turn pear-shaped and either/both start to carry on, their deals are much more tradeable now that the Pistons haven't overpaid them (especially Jennings). Regardless of how the team clicks, Detroit now have two talented pieces that they didn't have before.

As previously stated, Chauncey Billups role in the locker room is going to be huge. The influence he could have on Jennings could shape the young lads career. He also provides Coach Cheeks with the option of disciplining Jennings when he's forcing up bad shots by playing Billups and without losing too much on the floor. He'll still have his work cut out but I think the Pistons have taken some considerable leaps forward this off-season.

Reply #430411 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Passing ability from all areas of the court is very underrated. Smith will do great things for Detroit.

Reply #430416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754