prof. shot
Years ago

U/18 Southern at Classics

How does everyone think the u/18 div1 boys will go in the classics

Topic #3230 | Report this topic

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Depends on how many time-outs they can scout.

Reply #37290 | Report this post

Ha Ha  
Years ago

And whether the Indians play will work at this level.

Reply #37291 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Years ago

It all depends on how many coaches they send to the other teams time-out to scout their plays. I'm thinking atleast two coaches this time. Be bold

Reply #37297 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

This is becoming a boring topic. Why don't you guys move on and find something else to bitch about.

Reply #37304 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

Touche In The Know
get over it you lifeless bums
Indian play (or worms or dogs, whatever you wanna call it) has been proven to work at that level, trust me, ive been involved in it myself

Reply #37332 | Report this post

looks like Billy Bob has just found out how to use internet and this forum which is unfortunate....how many hits in one day on several (mostly useless/uninformed comments)over two days

Reply #37333 | Report this post

the mexican  
Years ago

And if Southern win at the classics all you guys will probably jump on the bandwagon.....only time will tell i s'pose..atleast they managed to get the entry in this year so things are looking better

Reply #37335 | Report this post

Is it true southern forgot to nominate their 18's div2 boys for nunawading if it is what is going on down their!!!!!!!!!

Reply #37355 | Report this post

Flapping L:ips  
Years ago

They will definitely win the whining & whinging at the refs award at the Classics with West 2nd!

Reply #37371 | Report this post

heard it here  
Years ago

Forestville in good form should take it out!

Reply #37374 | Report this post

cat no go  
Years ago

If Southern want to win at the Classics,then get the ball into Rhino. That kid is GOLD.

Reply #37389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhino please stop talking to youself. All you do in all the forums is talk about yourself being so good.

Reply #37400 | Report this post

prof.shot  
Years ago

leave rhino alone man he is a really good player hmm proven by him making the state team

Reply #37444 | Report this post

sas squat  
Years ago

I really hate people who r jealous of other people, and about there achievments if u want to be good ur not gonna get there giving other people shit. Also lets clear it up Southern won the state champs fairly, they beat sturt and they beat west easily please stop bithing it just gets annying withall the shitty little remarks. I hope they do well in classics and then u guys can say one of there coaches looked at there play book.

Reply #37500 | Report this post

amen!  
Years ago

HA!
If southern finish above all the other SA teams ill bite my tongue but i tell u what 'rhino' will get blocked everyshot coz he will realise there is talent in vic and browny may still be the cockiest player in the comp but not the best.

Theres no reason for mods to edit this post because in this thread and others players names have been mentioned and debated but if u feel for some reason its unfair, fair enough. And if Rhino is gana talk himself up gives me a reason to.

Dont talk yourselves up too much guys because your going to get a big shock when you arrive in melbourne

Just saying my thoughts

Reply #37503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well ur thoughts are obvioulsy from the gutter, get a life people

Reply #37508 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

practise what you preach amen!

tell us why you think the other u18 teams will finish above southern?

although i think forestivlle, west southern and sturt are farily close in terms of talent, the draw, injuries and the coach can play big parts over at classics.

Reply #37509 | Report this post

amen!  
Years ago

Forestville
Sturt
West
Woodville/Southern
Norwood (if they are going)

My thoughts.

Forestville proved they could match with a somewhat high vic standard in the Norwood Carnival. Forestville has the balanced strong team to do well in Classics. They bombed out in state champs and i believe they will be twice as motivated to do well in classics.

Sturt well ive only seen them play once so i cant comment on their team but they always do well in the classics with the same age group. They have been the highest ranked team in classics then any other SA team in 1988 boys, they will know what to expect being top 8 both times.

West are going to rely heavily on Chris and when he has players that can actually match up with his height he cant be accountable for his man and others, he wont be used to the pressure and hopefully he plays an inside game otherwise there chances will be lower.

Woodville is not in the best form at the moment and have a hard draw but could prove us wrong. Southern in fair form but dont have the team to do well against vic teams. Ive seen the classics every year and the standards, and ive seen how southern play and obviously my thoughts arnt right but its my prediction they will struggle for top 8.

Norwood well i dont even know if they are going to classics if they are good luck to them but id have to say they would be least favourites of all SA teams.

Reply #37522 | Report this post

big bad bruce  
Years ago

amen amen! Rhino no offence mate but u got blocked at least a thousand times at classic. You are a six foot nothing foward with no skill please go back to playing rugby. Phil brown was the most arrogant there by far. He was also probaly in the top ten for turnovers as well to go along with his feild goal percentage of about 4 (just a guess, he shot about 4 of a hundred against us anyway). Tigers have nothing to back up brown either, rhino is too short and slow and hemmings (the rejected vic c player) is a hunchback who will hold onto his U/16 nats spot for vic as his career highlight. Sorry tigers it had to be said. Molitor was awesome though. He had to carry the bearcats (and it showed with his frustration) unfortuantly he had no support. My pick was sturt to be the best but they under performed and didn't shoot well from outside either. Forestville looked good, lots of depth in that team.

Reply #38909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are you bruce?

Reply #39062 | Report this post

sas sqaut  
Years ago

OK i have had enough of this BRUCY and im sure alot of oter SA peple are as well. I dont think u were watching the right tigers team cause, i know for a fact Rhino harldy got blocked and there were guys bigger than 6 foot in VIC that he clearly posted up everytime to win them the game. Get a life buddy and make ur own forum up LOSER, by the way which tem did u play for thats if u do play in VIC.

Reply #39073 | Report this post

sas sqaut  
Years ago

Reply #39074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RJ can u pls give this guy some stats about West and Tigers and tell that they are he top two teams in SA. And tell forestville that there only good cause 3/4 of there team is form the country and everyone knows that.

Reply #39075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I mean give That weaner BRUCE some stats

Reply #39076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous #39075 hmm 2 players out of 9 players from the country.... hmmm does that equal 3/4? you fkn retard go back to school

Reply #39079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah but half there players no one has ever seen before maybe not from country ill try interstate

Reply #39150 | Report this post

amen!  
Years ago

lol bruce you are a legend mate i could not agree with you more!

SA metro the same thing will happen would not be a suprise if SA country finish higher again

Reply #39156 | Report this post

amen!  
Years ago

3/4 from country honestly did you struggle in maths

Reply #39157 | Report this post

Wenaer boy  
Years ago

Amen seroulsy no one has ever seen half of forestvilles team, its like one year it was just the usuals and than 16s and 18s they just inported all thes country bumpkins and all these other poeple no one has ever seen before, but ithere good so it does not matter, but i disagree that that ther are better than Tigers i watch them play everyweek and they ae basically unstopable. Even when there down you just no there gonna win beacause they always do

Reply #39161 | Report this post

big bad bruce  
Years ago

sas squat mate rhino did get blocked a lot buddy. If you would like me please tell me. He is only six foot, that means he must shoot over someone at least seven inches bigger than him. depending on how far away he is he cant shoot he usual bullshit flat shot. He did not use one pump fake all tourny and had no counters. No offense to the kid hes just not tall enough to muscle he waqs to thing ring and shoot over defenders, cause he is small he must use fakes and speed to get a clean look at the ring (as he found out)I would like some stats to pleases it would be interesting to see what the the local comp is like and who is dominant. I have nothing against the bearcats boys, i believe that they are quite good and tiger play well with what they have got but really its not enough

Reply #39262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

id just like to know, is phil brown going to start for SA metro at nationals??

Reply #39282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree brucy, tigers werent that great. all they had was a bit of toughness and a little attitude, only a little. please stop talking up rhino people. he aint that good. i know hes good here in adelaide but please that kid will get eaten up at nationals. hes not tall enough.

Reply #39283 | Report this post

amen!  
Years ago

weaner boy that forestville team has been the same for years except they have added 1 new guy, john wernham. Forestville did not fly over to darwin and scout him out, he came to adelaide and CHOSE to try out for forestville.

AJ, Trent, Jarryd, Shannon, Furg, Boon, Decure, Harry, and big Steve

Who out of that line up is different from two years ago? John is the only one who is new. You mention country bumpkins or wat not, Furg from what i heard has 'given up' because of reasons, That means shannon is now the only country person

Reply #39290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i honselt cant belive what im reading. On this thread there is a low life loser form Vic taking the piss out of Tigers and there players, saying that there shit went there on top of theladder and have not lost a game. Saying that they got nothing on Vic teams but they came 7th out of 16. And there players arnt big enough please stay in ur comp.

Reply #39529 | Report this post

big bad bruce  
Years ago

HAHAHA i'm happy in my comp. U think 7th out of 16 is good. The ladder in SA doesn't mean shit the real comp and best comp is in VIC. I have time for three players from SA and thats Molitor Dodman and Seebohm. That tigers team is a bunch of whinning players. They aren't that good

Reply #39617 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I guess we will see what happens at Nationals this week, won't we?

Reply #39643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in the know, u have no idea mate. what will happen at nationals will be very disappointing for you. please dont go to perth with huge expectations, cos it will be very tough for the SA sides

Reply #39657 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

We will see.

Reply #39663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys all bag Southern but all in all they ended up second from the SA teams. u guys cant say you didn't notice their number 14, after returning from a broken groin injury he brought the team home.

Reply #39711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

broken groin injury?

Reply #39718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

serioulsy i have had enough of this bruce guy, you can think what uwant bout the tigers team but the fact of the matter is, they finished second out of all SA teams and they are undefeated in SA. We dont care if thy came last im in vic cause they dont play there. So buce enough with the If's, What's and When's. They dont play there and thats that, so what they did not play good in VIC and they still came 7 th out of sixteen. Just imagine if they actually played properly.

Reply #39791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha whos no. 14 for southern tigers

Reply #39828 | Report this post

big bad bruce  
Years ago

mate i could hardly understand you. Tigers are shit move on. They try to compare themselves with vic's so i told them the facts that there shit and that vic's are the best in the country. You obviously have no idea about the competition to be the best clib in australia tigers should enjoy the challenge of taking on the best but all you want to say is lets play here in SA and see whats happens. STEP UP OR SHUT UP

Reply #39837 | Report this post

is 14 that hunchback guy

Reply #39840 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bruce, it's nice that you're showing an interest, but this could go on forever. Are there any other topics that you could discuss instead?

Reply #39842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Victoria, Queensland, NSW plus WA metro are better than SA people. get over urselfs

Reply #39844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isaac, r u goin to nationals in perth??

Reply #39845 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with bruce to a certain extent. The competition in victoria is very strong and the tigers should back up there words and be able to perform against them if there as good as they think are. But the tigers are very strong in SA that must stand for something

Reply #39846 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dude, you ARE Bruce just posting under a different name! Of course you agree with yourself! No, I'm not going to nationals. Ask other people, not me! :P

Reply #39848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it does, but u know, the benchmark is victoria not SA

Reply #39849 | Report this post

hey  
Years ago

yes i agree

Reply #39853 | Report this post

nice  
Years ago

oh, so do i totally

Reply #39854 | Report this post

team  
Years ago

yeh i agree to

Reply #39855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bruce is right Victoria

Reply #39894 | Report this post

sas squat  
Years ago

suck s**t bruce we should of i shouldo f thought that u were talking your self up on here. Get it in ur head no one agrees with. Go right a differnt names in a different forum buddy. U r such a LOSER

Reply #39991 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

I mean the bunny pic with pancake on his head is all good, but wheres a new pic when u need it for the post above ^^^^

At our school i reckon an english teacher would probably give that a 19/20

Reply #40134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with bruce. was sas sqat not reading the posts above or something. SA comp is great but bruce is right vic is the benchmark. Why are you so defensive about it?

Reply #41069 | Report this post

sas squat  
Years ago

they are the bench mark, but saying SA teams cannot compete with VIC teams is a very big lie even if they are no need to come on SA forum and try and give us shit bout it

Reply #41150 | Report this post

jj  
Years ago

i think bruse took it over the a bit vic's are awesome and it shows from there results at nats and classic but SA met where a very though team at nats and a fifth and seventh placing isn't bad!! Who is sas sqat anyway?

Reply #41528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whos dis Bruce Fella, does he play

Reply #42445 | Report this post

big bad bruce  
Years ago

I play for dandenong in div 1 victoria basketball. Sas sqat mate how good where SA met at nats brother. 4th in there pool! Had an awesome first game against us but (because of a future AIS scholarship holder, MOLITOR) then they lost to NSW C, QLD N and should lost against WAC who lost there best player and ACT choked at the end evn though they were better than u. Without molitor SA met would have played off for 14th and 13th!

Reply #42447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats ya actual name and number bruce?

Reply #42456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

since tigers didnt play dandenong, im not sure why u think u know everything about the tigers team. They wernt even in the same pool as you. And for the nationals so one expected SA to do well, everyon knew they wernt gonna be top 4 or close so that doesnt really matter. And why do u love Molitor that much, i mean i know hes good but im sure you seen players with the same skill level in your own comp. As you said it is the best comp in Australia im sure there would be a number of people with the same skill level. If you love him so much why dont u give him ur phone number and u can have a few one one ones with each other.

Reply #42598 | Report this post

big bad bruce  
Years ago

hahaha funny as! Mate i watched tigers play i think like three times as they were often on before us. I'm not sure its matters who i am but i have seen both SA met and Tigers play. Why did no one expect them to finish in the top 4? They had the skill? A one point loss the the champions is an indication of how talented they were. The SA met team underperformed yes but they were in a pool with the grand finalist and highest placed 3rd and 4th cross-over finishers QLD N. In love with Molitor? Hey he is a good player, they are players of similar skill level to him but they do not have the raw ability and talent that molitor has. Great shooter from anywhere and a machine on the boards but not as aggresive as big men in victoria. When he goes to the tute they will turn him into SEABL (real ABA) scorer.

Reply #42752 | Report this post

blackballer  
Years ago

How about u stop talking urselves up? I am from SA and the non SA people r just talking shit but if you have a look at it we just talk ourselves up really

Reply #42801 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754