Isaac
Years ago

NBA still trying to make sleeved jerseys happen

From @stevekylerNBA:

Sleeved jersey will make appearances during marquee games on Christmas Day and St. Patrick's day... At least 20 teams next season.

Paging Gretchen Weiners:

Topic #32316 | Report this topic

m  
Years ago

What is the big deal?? NCAA players where long sleeved skins, how's this any different?

Reply #430959 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Because they wear it under a real jersey...

Reply #430965 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Because college players have a choice. They don't have to wear the skins.

However, sounds as though the league is forcing the issue, hoping to increase jersey sales of this new style?

Reply #430966 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't heard of many fans getting excited about it, and there appear to be some player grumblings. I wonder if it could go the way of that new ball they introduced and quickly changed?

Reply #430970 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Forcing issue to ad advertising to the sleeves? I know they are talking about adding it to the jersey and if added to sleeves could avoid it being front and centre!

Reply #430971 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, they have said that ads on jerseys will happen in the near future. Owners are not opposed at all, given the money being otherwise left on the table.

Reply #430973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ads will make the jerseys look better anyway.

Reply #430974 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

no way will I EVER purchase a sleeved Basketball Jersey.

Reply #430981 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Can see them looking okay with a pair of jeans, like the polo look, but not a real big fan of the on court look to be honest.

Isaac, Ah that great ball decision by Stern. That worked haha. I remember reading players complaining that it ripped their fingertips etc.

Reply #431003 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Sorry, I'm still digesting the 'at least 20' part of this. Really?

Reply #431029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sleeved or not, I wouldn't buy an NBA jersey anyway.

1. I'm an adult
2. They are ridiculously expensive for what they really are. Chinese made mesh shirts. $120 please...Yeah, no thanks

Reply #431059 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

$120 is the shit ones, custom game jerseys & Mitchell & Ness are way better but run more $.

Reply #431105 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

As an aside: why do some us college players wear baggy t shirts under their jerseys? No one has ever been able to give me a logical answer. Genuinely curious...

Reply #431233 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tattoos, scars/burns, personal preference?

Reply #431246 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Tattoos / scars: unlikely. Personal preference, yeah, but why is there that personal preference? It doesnt affect anything either way but its one of those things that no one can answer...

Reply #431320 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754