Southern Tiger Fan
Years ago

Ingles still wants to be a 36er

Not sure if 36er fans saw Joey on SEABL show but looks like he still is keen to be 36er one day soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibZfzsmbUWs&feature=share&list=UUC-NMrcieABjJnWhj63YA9Q

Topic #32385 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like its a fair chance to happen 1 day,

he said 100% he wants to play NBL again,

but i dare say it will be in close to 10 years time when he is in his early to mid 30s, but would love to have him back in the NBL any time,

imo he was Australias best player at the last olympics!

Reply #431993 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

^No argument from me on any of that.

Reply #431994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon he was Australia's best player at the Olympics.

Reply #431997 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I hope he can somehow make a fuck tonne of money and wants to invest in in the NBL... Hopefully by the time this is a possibility the NBL is seeing 11000 fans at games outside of Perth.

Really love Ingles game and he seems like he could help develop those around him as well!

Reply #432007 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

10 years time he's gonna be 35/36

Reply #432013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea, and probably past the point where he is getting big Euro bucks, hence more likely to play NBL, possibly a year or 2 before that, but wouldnt expect to see him in the NBL until he is atleast in his early 30s.

Reply #432031 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

At 35/36 he will be looking at retirement you would think. So it's doubtful he will return to the NBL unless he can get a Euro contract again around the age of 30

Reply #432070 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Joey has been playing for a long time, since he was a junior in Melbourne, so if his body holds up into his early 30's he may want to make a lifestyle choice and come back to play here...

Makes enough coin, that would be awesome for NBL fans.

Reply #432071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to the days when ballers could still play at the top level into their late thirties and early forties

Reply #432145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

defence happened. no more taking half the game off.

Reply #432150 | Report this post

cliffclavin  
Years ago

would love to see Ingles back in the NBL.

I have only seen Ingles play in the Euroleague where he seems to be bypassed a lot when on court - is this just his role for barca, or something else and is he likely to play more for his new team?

Reply #432304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:35 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754