Concerned
Years ago

John Marriott - U23 Injury

When I arrived at the Dome last night I saw John Marriott lying on the court with the game stopped. He did not look in a good state. Does anyone know how he is and what happened.

I hope it is not as bad as it looked.

Topic #32443 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would suggest it's an ACL by the way he fell and his knee buckled. Very innocuous movement when it gave way.

Reply #433294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If that is true then I think that is 2 in two weeks. I believe a North girl did hers a week or so ago in U23/1

Reply #433299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible news if true - with him well with his diagnosis and recovery. Same for the North girl.

Reply #433303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

under 23 season is to long, most kids play reserves and aba also, needs to be an 18 week season

Reply #433358 | Report this post

I was there  
Years ago

Thanks for the interest.
Will not know the full diagnosis for a little while but there is damage to the ligaments, just don't know how severe.
Certainly won't be around for the finals, Southern and West can react accordingly.
A side note and a broadside at the stadium, there is no stretcher or wheelchair available. We had a 6'10", 100kg man down on the court and had to drag him off on a couple of towels. Absolute *****hit.

Reply #433364 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

BSA has a duty of care to supply the correct first aid equipment at all venues

Poor effort if they don't but if they only hire the venue, should the owners supply?

Still, a young man was hurt with insufficient equipment to help him

Poor effort BSA, very poor

Ps,

Would they know ?

Reply #433453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA should know its their office. Pathetic they don't even have a wheelchair.

Reply #433460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any update on a prognosis.

Reply #433541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA pathetic - I wholeheartedly agree.

Reply #433555 | Report this post

I was there  
Years ago

To those interested, we finally have a diagnosis.
Significant ACL tear and other cartilage damage.

Surgery next week.

6 months minimum to possibly a lot longer before he gets back on the boards.

Thanks to those who assisted on the night, I was remiss to not thank you earlier.

Reply #434278 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754