Anonymous
Years ago

TV coverage of NBL this season?

Anyone know whether it will be the same as last year? Ie Friday games at 9:30pm and a live game on Sunday at 2:00pm.

Still on Channel 10?

Some games on Foxtel would be nice too

Topic #32456 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe wait for an announcement.

Reply #433506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any hints? ;)

Reply #433508 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think there are any hints other than it's either less than ideal news or they're still working on it. There have been a lot of complications with transferring the deal from BA to the new NBL. That's been openly stated online by the league or reporters.

Reply #433511 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Is there any value is trying to join Seven or Nine at this stage?

I don't want NBL competing for time against Big Bash on the same network.

I'd love to see it on 7MATE

Reply #433698 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Once the contract with 10/One finish, the NBL will go to wherever network will take them.

Reply #433704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the Big Bash I could see the NBL being pushed over to Eleven.

Reply #433706 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

As long as we get some free to air coverage, I don't really care which network takes it...

Reply #433717 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I would go further than Bear. The NBL does not need a FTA broadcaster, it needs an FTA partner. Studio show, commitment to news inserts, cross promotion into other network programming and a hefty advertising package, in which it produces and delivers the league's creative. Good luck with all that.

Reply #433719 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Spot on, but I think that's long term. For now though the big thing is just improving the quality of the broadcast, and the new admin is pursuing that keenly from what I have heard.

Reply #433721 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I don't think it has long term. This was the massive error of "all our eggs in one basket" focus on ITV last year.

Reply #433730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well if Paul has heard it, it must be true.

Reply #433740 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont think the focus on ITV was quite what you make it out to be HO. It was more a longer term investment that would produce some financial return immediately but its real return down the track.

Reply #433756 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754