Isaac
Years ago

Crocs trialling 11th signing options

Townsville Crocs are looking at a few prospects due to concerns about injured London Olympian Peter Crawford and gunshot victim Mirko Djeric.

Brisbane Spartans SEABL star Scott Kenny, Perth Wildcats development players Trian Iliadis and Gavin Field, and Townsville's own Michael Cedar and Damon Heuir will be battling for a contract as the club’s safety-net 11th man.
Bit more info and other basketball stories on Boti's site.

Where's Kenny come from?

Topic #32464 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

If I was going to put money on one of them.. It would be Damon Heuir.

Reply #433596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is Mirko coming along?

Reply #433598 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Kenny's originally a Maroochydore junior, played a year or two of Juco and has been playing for SEABL's Brisbane Spartans since then.

A few years ago was really only a spot up three shooter, but he has flat out improved to become a reliable scorer who can create his own shots out of nothing and get to the line. Really came on this SEABL season and was a team leader along with import Zac Henefin, I was very impressed.

Reply #433599 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good enough that other teams should be considering him too?

Reply #433604 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Would not be out of place on any bench.

A SEABL ref I spoke to summed him up perfectly, matching his skill sets and play to that of Chris Goulding.

Perhaps the only thing holding him back from grabbing a hold of a spot is that he is not a traditional ball handler as such, whereas fellow aspirants such as Shaun Gleeson are.

Reply #433605 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Will this '11th signing' be a paid position? If yes, the Crocs must have a bit of money?

Reply #433649 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

At a rough guess id say the crocs have about 250k spare under the cap so plenty of room to bring in a guy at close to min salary.

Reply #433653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I rate Kenny.

Here is what he did v Mt Gambier's bunch of nbl and fringe nbl players.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?action=MATCH&fixture=400725097&c=1-3363-126349-253202-16891681&pool=0

I would have thought with the way he can shoot the ball and handle a little that Geordie would have have taken a close look at him. Would seem to be a good fit.

Reply #433687 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I understand this 11th guy is to cover for mirko and pc, but it makes you wonder whether the crocs would be better off riding it out by spot-covering those minutes at the two between norton, blanchfield and markovic and signing another big to cover for the fact that vandy and hinder will in all liklihood not be very productive. It all depends on the recovery time. I think either way you will see pc take a nose dive this season. His knees are bone on bone and hes not getting any younger

Reply #433702 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You would think PC's role will change this year with Blanchfield and Pace on board, less minutes and used more as an impact player. That could prolong his career a couple of seasons.

Reply #433720 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Youd want to hope so paul. I only wish we could say the same about rusty hinder...

Reply #433837 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754