TheCheese
Years ago

Will Tracy McGrady play in the NBL?

So Tracy has retired from the NBA but he is open for other options. What is the likelihood that he may play for NBL with the new season coming up?

Topic #32488 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

keep dreaming

NEXT!

Reply #433916 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

0%

Reply #433920 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

He is China bound for huge $$$$$

Reply #433922 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

No.

Reply #433926 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chris Anstey:

The idea of using retired NBA players as marquee players would be terrible for a team who trains hard -the worst trainer would be best paid

Reply #433951 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Go get 'em, Cheese.

Reply #433961 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Gee, some interesting comments by Anstey, I wonder if other sports share his view. I would have thought it would depend on the type of marque player, for instance if it is a guard or small forward type, then yeah I get it.

But, if it was a power forward or centre, you would want to look after that player a bit, not grind them into the ground but use their skills inside to do the damage.

I get the idea of team and the fact others on a lesser pay packet may look down on him, but horses for courses...

Reply #433967 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Even though there was no marquee rule last year, I wonder if he speaks of recent experiences with former NBA players?

Reply #433968 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Exactly...

Reply #433970 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah, sounds like a cheeky jab at Flynn from last season.

Anstey's theory is a little naive.

Isn't the "the worst trainer would be best paid" theory indicative of modern employment anyway?

CEOs, Managers, Partners etc. don't necessarily work as hard or as long as the office rats, but much like marquee NBL players would, they have to assume liability when things don't go so well.

Not too mention, these people in high-end positions have earned their place there. They are veterans of the game and have put in the work for years.

There is a reason why the office rats / "Average NBL players" have to work harder....they aren't as skillful.

Reply #433986 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I disagree with Anstey. Look at soccer as an example. Look at Del Piero in Sydney on Ono at teh Wanderers. They are similar to McGrady. It depends on how professional the individual is and the respect he has for the coach

Reply #433988 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think his point is you have to be working hard to perform well in the NBL. There's a reason older guys looking for big pay cheques love Asia over Europe, you dont have to work as hard to be a good player and keep the cash coming in.

Reply #433992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a great comment by Anstey, coloured by his experiences with Flynn.

T-Mac would tear up the NBL but he's got bigger fish to fry.

Reply #434023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McGrady made $1 million last year in half a season playing in the CBA.

I don't see how any NBL team can compete with that.

Reply #434026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ All about the marketability and sponsorship dollars to be had in China (which we obviously can't compete with)

Reply #434091 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Check out how his team went in China last season. Say no more.

Reply #434109 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anstey's no dill, he's been around the block.

Reply #434118 | Report this post

lol  
Years ago

lol

Reply #434131 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754