Years ago

pro/rel got to stay 13/14

commonsense please !

if you go back - most clubs worked there way up through the ranks before making D1/2 etc they had to prove themselves (and that was the criteria !)

so i suggest the following teams rethink where they are at -

west u12 G1
woodville u12 G2
Norwood u12 G3
North u12 G3

Norwood u14 G2
Norwood u14 G3
South u14 G4

Woodville u16 G2
South u16 G3

South u18 G1
South u18 G3

I have been coaching a long time and suggest these teams may benefit by playing summer a Div below and review their performance for winter.

you will get more long term from your players.

these teams need to think up -

western magic u16 G3
sturt u16 G2
Forestville u14 G4
Forestville u14 G3
Forestville u14 G2

Sturt u12 G3
Sturt u12 G2
Forestville u12 g2

these teams all cruising with results beyond the general standard of comp.

Topic #32507 | Report this topic

Years ago

i also think the div size should be graded on strength of results - i.e. not blindly put a team into Div 1 , 2 or 3 because it is your first team.

so it may mean 8 true div 2 sides and 10 or 11 teams in Div 3 etc

Reply #434242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next season all the kids in those grades may be in different age groups playing with kids 1 year older or younger.

But good try buddy.

Reply #434254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep teams will be very different. Perhaps this type of call should be made after the Summer season going into the Winter season.

Reply #434257 | Report this post

Years ago

the ratios of opponents players will also go up and some will stay as second years - just looking at results. time will tell - one team only ran at 9% points for / against

Reply #434258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The point made is valid though, there are definately teams playing in divisions that they shouldn't have been this season

Reply #434259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's simple. Pro/rel groups in summer, then break into grades of 8 for winter. Each team plays where they belong. Some teams will miss out on the highest grade. So be it.

Reply #434260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP, well done on being able to do 10mins research, and being able to read a ladder. I'll attempt to help educate you.

pro/rel only applies to junior division 3 and below and only in 12 - 18 grades in BOYS. Doesn't apply to Div 1 & 2. You seem to not understand that.

"commonsense please !"

I agree, shame you've shown none in your post.

"if you go back - most clubs worked there way up through the ranks before making D1/2 etc they had to prove themselves (and that was the criteria !)"

No it was not the criteria. What are you basing that on. The criteria is simple, Clubs can nominate a team on Div 1 and a team in Div 2. In some Div 2 grades clubs can get a second team if they can provide support for the 2nd team.

I'd love you to provide an example of a Division 1 team which has worked its way up from a lower division.

"so i suggest the following teams rethink where they are at -

I have been coaching a long time and suggest these teams may benefit by playing summer a Div below and review their performance for winter."

you are an idiot. Teams will be very different in Summer to the 2013 Winter teams. You're comments are insulting to a number of clubs and the work they are doing.

To showcase this you list teams playing in the lowest grade available and suggested they rethink where they are. They have no where else to go!

"these teams need to think up -

these teams all cruising with results beyond the general standard of comp."

Proving once again you have zero understanding of the junior competition here.

None of the teams you list have anywhere else they can go, unless the players move to another club. I agree with you there, they probably should to pursue basketball at a higher level, but that's an individual player's choice. Nothing to do with the team or pro/rel

If you are actually a coach in the District competition I suggest you call your Coaching Director and spend some time learning how the competition works before making a fool of yourself on here again.

Reply #434262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Pro/rel also applies in mens u/23's.

Reply #434270 | Report this post

Years ago

let the results speak

Reply #434273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

. or not

Reply #434280 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Nothing changes in BSA, so get over it.

Reply #434286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP obviously struck a nerve! Good topic!

Reply #434317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The OP might have had some relevance if was looking at Summer results but clearly not up to date with the competition. Magic mention regarding the Magic D3 They can't go higher than D3 so open that CAN O WORMS again. Anyway my 2c

Reply #434321 | Report this post

t  
Years ago

They will just take their poor results up an age group if placed with the same group.

Reply #434340 | Report this post

t  
Years ago

Magic d 2 in u14 & 16 - so that rule is a non event

Reply #434341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they will eventually get D1 to I assume.

Reply #434345 | Report this post

t  
Years ago

Well it is allvery interesting isn't it! After all the talk of them being d 3-4-5 they got into d 2 - I am confused.

Reply #434346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magics under 16 div 2 girls made both seasons play offs,came second in states reserves all but 2 players move up to under 18s for summer + one good player that was injured all winter season.Now why wouldn't these girls deserve a chance in div 2 over summer?

Reply #434363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry i mean the lass that was injured all winter is back to play in under 18.Now i understand next years div 2 is stronger every second year,but these bunch of girls have been there before & scored some good results.I am sure most other teams would rather play them and get a decent game out of it than lets say play the Warriors and beat them by 100 points every game!

Reply #434365 | Report this post

I think all other clubs would prefer they played at Woodville

Reply #434371 | Report this post

t  
Years ago

If woodcille were full no problems but the warriors as short as and if they want d 2 go to woodville - a good summer in d 2 and they could be playing d1 by winter for woodville

Reply #434376 | Report this post

old story  
Years ago

Seems that unless people are thick that to play div 1 or 2 you need to go to club with positions available -How long do we think it be before these people magnetised by Forestville and Sturt realise opportunities are at North south West woodville centrals but no just get magnetised. You seee more even competitions more retention and more development - how Magic ever exist is beyond belief with no way forward. Needs to change for better

Reply #434534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I played div 2 all season but drop down to div 3 for the last 4 games I qualify for D3 finals don't I?

Reply #434552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, you would have to play 40% of games in div 3

Reply #434874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And not have qualified by playing 40% in the div 2 grade (or div 1)

Reply #434875 | Report this post

Q&A  
Years ago

you need to have played at least 8 games in div 3 for an 18 game season - you could have played 10 games in D2.

only allowed to play 1 finals series per player -

ie cant play D4 finals - get ko'd and then play D3

basically you cant play down to avoid stacking

Reply #434899 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754