T
Years ago

Schueller move - Tas to Vic Country

Our loss, Vics definitely gain.

Big shoes to fill down here.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-8371-0-0-0&sID=208168&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=25276801

Topic #32510 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow that's a shame for tas!
will radford step up?

Reply #434324 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Nope.

Radford recently appointed to Tas Basketball Development Officer role.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-8371-0-0-0&sID=208168&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=24958561

Schueller was our head coach at the Tas Institute of Sport.

Reply #434325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes my point is will he step up from that role to the TIS sport role...

Reply #434327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if not who will?

Reply #434328 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

Loosing Schueller is a big blow to the Tas program. Hopefully there is someone else out there with the same drive and energy that is prepared to take on the job. Need to attract some new blood, someone who is unaware of the bitching and politics that goes on (in all states from what I often read on here).

Reply #434331 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Dunno. With the Tas heirachy we are blessed with, who can tell? Interesting days ahead.

Reply #434332 | Report this post

common sense  
Years ago

I think the way they went with schuceller was a good thing with tas a smaller state... he was extremely energetic and committed to the job and the players/ coaches of the program always came first!

good on him and wish him the best of luck! hopefully TIS will get a new leader who is similar in aspiration, desire and dedication to the job.

Reply #434333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I this the guy that told his players that they werent allowed to shoot 3's and could only take inside shots or layups?

Reply #434335 | Report this post

common sense  
Years ago

I highly doubt that...
Justin is very encouraging of playing the international/ BA style of play which the 3 point shot is an integral part. so doubtful.
If you look at the actions tas. run e.g. Fist, shuffle etc. they encourage shooting the 3 point shot.

Reply #434337 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Was kind of hoping he would take the SA High Performance Managers role.
Is that Gliddon's old role??

Reply #434348 | Report this post

common sense  
Years ago

essentailly... yes.

Reply #434353 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

FACT. His move is a blessing for Basketball Tasmania.

Schueller was progressive, innovative, forward thinking and worst of all honest.

His crazy idea to train and play to win challeged a culture where participation is the pinnacle.

For a state already in turmoil this is a massive blow to Tasmanian basketball.

Reply #434413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

then how is his move good?

Reply #434414 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Because it allows BT (the organization, not the community) to return to their archaic system of management, and praying that the next candidate will be their puppet!

I thought my irony was obvious!

Reply #434424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry irony doesn't come through well in written text

fair enough.
hope its not the case though!

Reply #434425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The new BSA role is bigger and wider than NG's

Reply #434430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that what the dog Radford is up to now.

What does a role like Basketball Development Officer pay?

Reply #434441 | Report this post

common sense  
Years ago

not a lot I dare say...

Reply #434448 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

So, country Vic gets a young coach who works very well with juniors in particular by coaching them the way kids should be coached, with confidence and positivity...

Great pick up for Vic and I believe a huge loss for Tas, best of luck to him I look forward to seeing the results in a short time.

Reply #434545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone explain the new BV restructure of high performance?

it seems both sa and vic are moving back towards a nsw model of high performance set up.

Reply #434547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More than he was on at the 6ers and around better people!

Reply #434548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tas has four heading to the U19 Auscamp this month and one in the U17 squad. I doubt Tasie has seen that too many iimes before. I think Schueller would have had a big hand in getting the program to this level.
Its a shame that petty politics and private agendas from the Basketball Tas board have caused a situation where he would even consider leaving. Good luck finding a replacement!

Reply #434556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not since Greenwoods year, Gibsons Year, Knights Year.
Tassie always produced Quality athletes and punched above there weight.
Justin has done a great job, but the Coach's at grass roots especialy need a pat on the back as well, over all years.

Reply #434558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with both statements above to some degree, but you would think that BTas would at least have put forward the proposed new elite structure before dismantling the existing one, which appears to have been quite successful.

Reply #434581 | Report this post

Tasman  
Years ago

Basketba Tas have no idea what they are doing. Looks to me as if basketball in Tasmania is about to go to shit! Those players goin to Aus camp should get outta the state now and go somewhere where it isn't all about how much money the program's can make!

Disappointed to see that an envious board of morons (especially Greenwoods parent) can destroy the future of many young basketballers!

RIP basketball in Tasmania, your glory time was short and now your gone! Was great knowing you!

Reply #434632 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

The 'remember when' mentality of Tasmania is in part why this situation took place.

There has been some great individual talent at times. But the current breadth of talent and number of high quality athletes across all age groups. Lot of credit to Schueller.

No one has to spruik his athletes as the people that should know, do know. Their performance speaks for them.

Athletes who didn’t want to work hard or made excuses fell by the wayside, which created a lot of tension.

He did all he could to improve the sport in Tassie but Basketball Tas for the most part ignored his proposals or refused to support him. Yet they were quick to blame him for all the states woes.

Justin was always available. He invited anyone to attend his sessions to observe or take part. Those coaches who supported his plan and saw it work.

Many more had opportunities and declined - State and Regional included - and their results showed it. But again he’s blamed for not developing coaches – rubbish!

His departure will create as huge void. We'll get a replacement but the brain trust is still the same.

Reply #434663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looking at the BTAS website... will they get a replacement? they are reviewing the partnership with TIS and BA... maybe their will not be a high performance coach... just radford as DO

Reply #434665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome pickup by BV and the vic country program. Justin will be perfect to continue the outstanding work done by Mike McHugh, Jack Thomas, Peter Lonergan, Marty Handson, Andrea Walsh... All added to the program and have every confidence Justin will take it to the next level.

What on earth are BT thinking...

Reply #434667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about joyce?

Reply #434670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BT and thinking should not be mentioned in the same sentence. Still in the dark about the high performance pathway. They scuttled what they had and have only been able to say they are having meetings to work out the replacement.
Even rumors getting about that if kids defied them and attended justins sessions they would no longer be eligible for state selection.
May not be true but when you are seen to be treating your athlete/parent clients as idiots who don't deserve any form of consultation these things become believable.

Reply #434679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NOT TRUE!!

Reply #434692 | Report this post

Tasman  
Years ago

If its not true then why are you commenting under anonymous? WEAK move by basketball Tasmania I would say! Mr.McCoy is that you?

Reply #434703 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

I heard that...... Someone told me........ There are rumours that...... Justin is the BATMAN!!!

Reply #434712 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Schueller has lead a campaign to separate and individualise Tasmanian basketball, he walked into Hugh Greenwood, Tanner Krebs and Kyle Clarke. He is no fool, he is walking out with junior basketball in disarray.

Tasmanian U16s disgaceful at the nationals,take out Ben Armstrongs kids and no U14 talent, a good junior coach would be looking to develop some talent he can ee that he has divided the whole basketball community and is going for greener pastures.

Good luck country Vic hope your parents have fat wallets and are prepared to bow to his every wish, that is how he operates.

Reply #434968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, your kid missed a team/squad I'm assuming? So bitter! If that's the way it is down there then Justin has just made a great move!

Reply #434978 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

You can see by the previous post there are a lot of private agendas going on around this. Parents of kids who missed out with their noses seriously out of joint. My personal opinion of the program he ran was first class, could not speak more highly of the support, the experiences delivered and the peaple in it.
Limited budget no doubt meant limited numbers leaving a lot of jealous people looking on with envy.
Shows how much previous poster cares about Tas. basketball's future if they are prepared to get onto a public forum like this and insult all the twelve year olds trying to get into the sport down here.
Even if they do hide behind "anonymous".

Reply #434990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

people are hardly putting thetre full name date of birth. Alias or Anonymous hardly matters?

Reply #434993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think everyone can see through the waves of bitterness in anonymous's post. "Has nothing to do with the good kids being good, but everything to do with the bad kids being bad". LOL.

No wonder he left, with a-grade sooks like that around!

Reply #434995 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

No body is interesed in names and addresses. An alias at least gives the post a little credibility and accountability.

Reply #435000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When has Schueller ever had anything to do with the greenwood?

Reply #435001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he did coach greenwood in 20s a few years ago

this is disgraceful the way some people are treating a great young coach and passionate basketball person.

get rid of your own agenda its not about you, your kid, its about Tas basketball and Aus basketball... sometimes kids miss out, unfortunately theres always boarder line kids, but seriously the ranting above is a joke...

Reply #435004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwood was at the AIS as 16 year old.

Reply #435039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he still played for tas bro

Reply #435090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and Scheuller had nothing to do with him.

Reply #435102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

peanut he coached the tas u20 men at Maitland nsw with hugh Greenwood

saw it with my own eyes.

Reply #435109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic. He 'coached' Hugh in a Tas rep side which clearly made him the player that he is today.
Don't worry about the 4 SEASONS he had at the AIS. Anthony Stewart from the Hobart Chargers would have had more involvement with Greenwood that Scheuller would ever have had.Fracktard.

Reply #435112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ You seem very bitter and angry. I hope the pain of your failure eases over time my friend. Peace out.

Rgds,
Deepak Chopra

Reply #435114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im not saying he made him the player he was but to say he never coached him was completely untrue.

Reply #435121 | Report this post

Bball Lover  
Years ago

So take out Ben Armstrongs kids and no U14 talent. Wow so why then do we even encourage our children to play basketball in Tasmania if the Armstrong Kids are the only ones with 'potential' talent. Wow I thought basketball was a team sport!

Sounds like something Ben's step father (Mark Radford aka Rat) would say.

And who is Ben Armstrong? - a has been SEABLE player who could never make it into the big league.........

Reply #436349 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

TIS program mothballed by weeks end. BA and BTas to get it sorted in the short term ?

Reply #436372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck at Auscamp for those going from Tas. Hopefully you can find someone at BA to take an interest in you because nobody at BTas could give a shit.

Reply #436375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not True BBall Lover!!

Reply #436379 | Report this post

Anonymos  
Years ago

I here they offered high performance 1 session a week with SDP,IS THAT A JOKE!

Reply #436598 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Nope 100% right. Last sessions with High Performance this week then...?

BTAS is meeting tonight. They have a dud hand yet and doubled their bets by trying to take on the lot and hoping for a BA payday!

Kids are shattered. Parents get no answers. BT want to take over everything by keeping up their 'remember when' attitude, and killing progress!

Take your best shot BT as those who supported you are dwindling and the sport is tilting into the abyss!

Reply #436603 | Report this post

Dione 61  
Years ago

Yep those high performance athletes are going from 10.5 hours of professional high quality training a week to a 1.5 hour session of SDP which involves alot of U14 athletes who are still learning the ropes.

Kick in the guts for those athletes that have worked hard and made sacrifices over the last 3 years.

Reply #436609 | Report this post

Anonymos  
Years ago

Will athletes stay in Tassie or move to mainland.

Surely the boy from 16s and older ones would have options to go to.

So it is true. Come back from AUS camp and go to SDP FOR 1.5 hours a week.BA would love that!

Reply #436615 | Report this post

Meegan  
Years ago

I find it very offensive that anyone from Tasmania would try an take a shot at Ben Armstorng and his wonderful playing career. Bball lover I would love to see your playing days highlights and compare it to Ben's.

BTas has often had great workers doing great work with juniors and that goes back to the days of Regional Devlopment Managers (giving away my age)
The way I see it the problem is that the state still functions under three regions and not one identity as people think an hours travel is some big deal. Then there is the political side of things where there will always be one or two feathering their own nests and not working for the best interest of all, just a select few (one if you want to be specific.)

Reply #436618 | Report this post

Anonymos  
Years ago

Is that Mr McCoy!

Reply #436620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scheuller was indeed the coach who told the tassie kids to either shoot the 3 or make a layup. No mid range shots were to be taken.

Reply #436853 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

So he was going with the Dribble Drive Motion rules, is that a bad thing?

Reply #436854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"key or 3" - seems like Schueller is quite progressive. It's funny anon thinks this is a bad thing when all modern metrics suggest these should actually be the majority of shots taken. Sounds like anon is out of his depth...

Reply #436870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Far from out of my depth. Everyone can make a layup, not everyone can make the 3. No mid range shots. You can't be serious.
Show us the stats and referernce work that support this please.
Modern metrics. Sounds like wank talk to me. I call bullshit.

Reply #436875 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Well anon, how about you go do the homework yourself. I do believe Vance has plenty of stats to back up his theory, and he obviously sold it to Coach Cal.

Start with the points per possession, and then look at the shooting %'s that are relating to the points per possession, i do believe they were both at their individual highest when the "key or 3" was implemented. Then let me know where the highest % shots were taken from and what Vance's points per possessions were.

Racking it will often get you to the charity line, so by all means include that in your mid range shooting if it makes you feel better.

Reply #436878 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

Dosn't matter now, all the wynging and bitching pissed him off so much he has found a better option. I am sure others will benefit and he won't look back. Has left a big hole that Basketball Tas has not indicated they have any idea how to fill.
Another week gone by in total silence other than a letter sent out indicating, on closing, they were not interested in talking about it.

Reply #436880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ashke has nailed it. Anon MILES out of his depth. Every modern era coach has seen the research - no wonder you couldn't keep up!

Reply #436882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was no big hole left in the south of Tas when Schueller left.

Reply #436884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or the North West!

Reply #436885 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

If you don't think there is a hole you have no understanding of how valuable the program he ran was. Yes it would have been nice to have had ten times the kids involved to benefit from it, but we are in a small regional market with minimal resources.
By all means want it to change, but at least put something forward that is better before it gets torn apart.

Reply #436886 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

What is the most likely case scenario? Take all the pot shots out of this, what do you think the most likely structure is going to be?

Reply #436894 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

Possibility #1
TIS will decide it is too hard and can't be bothered with dealing with BT and move the money and resources from the basketbal program to another sport, or individual athletes, that deserve and appreciate it.
Once this has happened BT will finaly release the plan, but most of the elite players will have moved on by then.
But really it is anyones guess. No information being released. Starting to look elsewhere.

Reply #436896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Tasmania following SA's blueprint then from a couple of year's ago. I guess the two states could merge!!

Reply #436899 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Yeah from an outsider looking in it is interesting times, though i don't think dooms day is coming anytime soon..... May lose a few athletes, and a rebuilding phase may need to follow but i think Tas will bounce back.

I hope so anyway.

Reply #436901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SACTAS

Reply #436904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And this thread shows some of the major obstacles stopping anyone (including Schueller) getting the job done any further - ignorant people who have no idea of modern trends, and the blatant "territorialism" that means the 3 areas are constantly fighting the battle of "me" instead of "we".

They will soon return to the easybeats they were before the last 5 years.

Reply #436905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame that the 3 areas werent treated equally.

Reply #436909 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

#436905 spot on.

Bring back the glory days of, "8th but we could've been 9th". Representing your state is a right, not a privilege. And medals are glory hounds.

As for the person who used 'w%$k talk' you're in the wrong forum for that debate. Idiot!

Reply #436911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame the TIS did not fund the position of its own back then he could of done what he liked.
Thats right he did anyway!

Reply #436912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SACTAS thats the funniest comment Ive read for years

These two organisations should just hold their own tournament

Reply #436913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think you will find the TIS did fund the position, BT contributed to their program, not the coach position.

Reply #436915 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

And there you go!

All areas weren't equal? Look who drove him out! He was shot down every time he entered enemy territory.

The money or development. How much did ETS sessions cost the kids?

Reply #436920 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

Lets put some numbers in here. Lets say on average there are 6 or 7 Div one teams in each region in each of the U14, U16 and U18 age groups times 2 for Boys and Girls.
Average 8 per team (I think all of those numbers are generous)that makes aroun 300 to 350 per region therefore roughly 1000 kids in the mix. for the whole state.
Basketball Tas run the State development Program and select say 80 of those to join (times $500). From that group TIS select 12 Scolarship athletes and approx. 20 for the Emerging Talent Squad to train with them.
Therefore 30+% of those identified by basketball Tas get exposure to the elite training program. But they don't think they are getting any value from it???
I wonder how these figures stack up with the Victorian elite pathway programs. Previously mentioned on this site 180 members in NITP for the whole of NSW!!

Reply #436931 | Report this post

Phobus  
Years ago

someone needs to get off hoops forum and back to work before they get in trouble..... not pointing any elbows (Clapped Out Hack)

Reply #436944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when does 80 of approx 1000 equate to 30+%?
Those modern metrics just dont equate.

Reply #436969 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Could it be...

SDP 80 + ETS 20 + TIS 12 =

1. 28% (32/112)
or
2. 32% (if TIS in SDP/ETS - 32/100)

Reply #436976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"roughly 1000 kids in the mix. for the whole state.
Basketball Tas run the State development Program and select say 80"
To me that means 1000 kids and 80 spots. wrong? Yes / no?

Then, "and select say 80 of those to join (times $500)". Then "From that group TIS select 12 Scolarship athletes and approx. 20 for the Emerging Talent Squad to train with them."

Let's hope that CoH doesn't coach those modern metrics thingumibob

Reply #436977 | Report this post

For those that are obviously clueless as to how the the TAS state structure WAS set up before BTAS cut everything.

There WERE essentially 5 tiers
Tier 1: TIS with 12 athletes - high performance athletes
Tier 2: Invitational TIS athletes who were invited to attend training camps with TIS and to do BA nationally recognized testing every 3 months. These athletes also had BA profiles. These athletes were also ETS and SDP athletes. On average there was 4 boys and 4 girls in this group. These athletes were in line to get TIS scholarships into the future.
Tier 3: Emerging Talent Squad (ETS). These athletes are selected athletes from the SDP program. These athletes were trained once a week with TIS athletes by Justin Schueller. Each region had approximately 20 athletes each in this program (equals approx 60 for the state).
Tier 4: State Development Program (SDP): There was on average in each region of 20 athletes within this program. Usually these kids have worked hard and earnt a spot into this program via the RDP.
Tier 5: Regional Development Program (RDP): On average 20 athletes from each region. (60). In the past the RDP was run for the same period of time as the SDP. Athletes all tried out for the spots. Essentially the RDP was where a second year 14 player would start on their pathway to TIS and then nationally teams.

Both SDP and RDP programs were run by coaches who were being mentored by Justin Schueller in the correct trainings that Basketball Australia required.

And yes kids dropped out of these programs all the time. Sometimes due to they just were no longer interested. Some due to they thought (or their parents) they should have been further up the pyramid than they were. Parents need to realise athletes are moved up the pyramid if a coach can see they have the potential to make Australian junior teams. Some athletes just don't have that potential and unfortunately many of our Tasmanian parents look at their children through rose coloured glasses.

Bball TAS have as of today finished the TIS program which means the TIS invitational athletes also are finished. Bball TAS about a month ago canned the ETS program.
Bball TAS have in place a SDP program but the new RDP that Bball Tas have put in place is open to everyone in all age groups and is essentially just another training run that each association/club runs for their juniors anyway. RDP is not really part of a pathway planning anymore to get our athletes noticed by BA.

So in summary Basketball in Tasmania have gone from having 5 Tiers whereby an athlete, if have the potential, could work their way up the pyramid to, having one tier which is available for 30 kids in each region with nowhere to go?

And if anyone wants to look at the figures (TIS 12 athletes, SDP (60 athletes) RDP (60 athletes) in my calculation works out to be 132 athletes versus 90 athletes. *TIS invitational and ETS were from the SDP group. ETS and TIS invitational athletes never had to pay extra for this privilege.

And if anyone has a problem with this information yes I am in the know as my child is involved and has been heavily affected by Basketball Tasmania’s poor management and utter disgrace of not thinking about what is best for the junior basketball development within Tasmania but of only their own personal vendettas and agenda’s.

Has anyone thought about what this means to those young hopefuls going away to U14 club championships next week. Who is going to be spruiking Tasmanian kids names to the 'right’ people? Oh that’s right its only about participation and we don’t want to wish any of our talent to go any further than Tasmania.

Reply #436997 | Report this post

AFTER 18s BRONZE  
Years ago

Chris McCoy General Manager of Basketball Tasmania stated 'This is a great result for the boys and is testimony to our development programs'

Programs gone

Coaches gone

What changed in 3 months

MONEY!!!

Reply #437003 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

That is what I was trying to cover only I used "Modern Metrics" instead of the 1970's imperial logic that we need to use here in Tassie.
Point is we have the population of a suburb of Melbourne and our kids were being provided with first class opportunities in Basketball development if the ability and desire were there.
The popular spin is that Justin's program was only catering to his faourites and too many were missing out at lower levels. I dont recall any junior players in the last five years, that even came close to showing elite potential with the desire to work for it, that did not get to at least tier three in the above post.

Reply #437008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we are missing one point, JS was on the move way before BTAS asked him to work with non TIS kids and Coaches.
When was the VIC Country position advertised?
Think about it people....

Reply #437020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The popular spin is that Justin's program was only catering to his faourites and too many were missing out at lower levels"

Why does this sound like the SA program. At least they now throw in a token few from clubs other the ket 2 clubs to have the outward appearance of being a state program. And if any do improve do you have any idea who would be having quiet words in their or their parents ears!!

Reply #437021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It sounds the same because in any program, in any sport, where selections are competitive and limited, resources are limited and allocated to disproptionately to the greatest talent you will get those not selected, that missout, complaining. Often this mindset is part of what causes them to fail not only in their sport, but all walks of life. This is human nature in many cases.

You can insert the exact same discussion for any high performance program, in any sport, about any leader. Frankly, I read it as the psychological aspect is interesting but I find it a bit repetitive and sad.

Reply #437022 | Report this post

Sorry Anon #437020 I have proof that No Schueller did not apply for this position until the week before he told his kids. He has such a great reputation around Australia that within one week of applying Vic country gave him the position.

And why would he wish to move away at this particular point in time when that bunch of athletes are reaching their goals with aus camps and U17 and U19 selections within the next 12-24 months time. This would of been Schuellers time to shine too. Think about it!

Do you even know how the U17 and U19 Australian selections occur???

So no he was not on the move well before.

Perhaps you should try to get proof before you try and have a crack at Schuellers integrity....

Reply #437024 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Great post 'Clueless'. Shame that Btas (or Ftas) cant communicate that well!

And to Anon posting about the Vic Country role. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! Ftas had no plan which forced him out as a last resort. If not this thread wouldn't be happening and we'd still be on the path to succeed!

Reply #437025 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

LOL. Why do you need proof when relying on innuendo has got the know it alls who were behind this what they want. See who is fills the roles as things go on...out with the new in with the old (friends). I'd challenge anyone to offer a scrap of proof that Schueller was on the way out.

Reply #437028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So your saying he was the only one that applied for CV job?
And a week turn around from application to winning a position.
You do understand the normal process in these positions dont you?

Reply #437029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he got a phone call. You do know how this process may work in the real world??

Reply #437042 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Maybe Schueller knew something none of the followers of this thread know/knew. Could it have been the fact that Mike McHugh The BA National Manager of player and Coach Development has been replaced just this week and his work will be shared by ??????. Mike was BA boss of Schueller

Reply #437043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly!! The Process is in place to stop jobs for the boys happening, there would be uproar if this position was not advertised and due course taken.
Applications
Short list
Interview
All in a week?? Not likely!!
Justin was the best applicant and won the position i would say, moving to bigger and better things.
Easy to let people think he was pushed out so he looks like he is not letting the kids down, Win,Win comes up smelling like roses.

Reply #437045 | Report this post

WE KNOW  
Years ago

We know exactly when Justin applied and interviews done so stop this CRAP!
So fix this problem you have coursed and give our HIGH PERFORMANCE PLAYERS A PROGRAM THAT WAS AS GOOD AS JUSTIN"S. Thats right, you don't rate them and simply don't care.

You just hired Mark Piercy, didnt see that advertised anywhere .Normal process you have to be kidding.

Reply #437046 | Report this post

WE KNOW  
Years ago

Are you going to take up his lease on his unit.

HE WAS PUSHED OUT .

ONE OTHER THING.ALL COACHES INVITED TO HIS SESSIONS IT WAS UP TO THEM IF THEY WANTED TO GO.

AT LEAST PHIL THOMAS WENT

Reply #437048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who will take over from Phil?

Reply #437051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When then "WE Know"? it might stop this crap?

Reply #437052 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

I'm sure the BTas move would not have come out of the blue over night either. Surely they would have been doing everything they could to put pressure on Schueller for a long time.
If I was in his position and an opportunity openned up in another state, I would most definitely have at least made some enquiries, even if I didn't really want to go.

Reply #437054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With every jealousy-fuelled post Anon just gets further and further out of his depth! Someone throw him a lifebuoy, and take away his keyboard...
At least it's good news for SA, as Tas basketball will soon return to the easy win at Nationals, shooting mid rangers galore, wearing short shorts and knee length socks! A real loss for some talented hard-working young Tasmanians though, which is a real shame.

Reply #437055 | Report this post

WE KNOW  
Years ago

He was showing interest in the Tassie players and practises of BA COACHES.

True he has or had no idea about AUS/DEV camps OR DEPTH CHARTS

CLUESLESS TASMANIANS
YOUR POSTS ARE SO TRUE .THANKS

Reply #437057 | Report this post

i have a player  
Years ago

To most people on this page Justin is gone for what ever reasons.
He was the best!!
But lets move on for his sake and our athletes sake. Knowing him he does not want all this rubbish talk, he would just want a program for our kids to just have a chance to play for Australia sometime, a small chance we know but that's their dream and goal.

Lets see what BA BTAS and TIS come up with then act.
Please enough negative talk and look for something positive in these tough times.

Reply #437067 | Report this post

Ariel  
Years ago

Think it's time Isacc deletes this thread . Way to much arguing over past events.

"You cannot change the past but you can always change the future".

Good luck to all involved in this unfortunate event and I hope all ends well!

Reply #437170 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Delete the thread!

Read: Ariel from BTas.

Everyone still waiting on an announcement regarding outcomes from mid week meetings.

Reply #437186 | Report this post

NEED HELP  
Years ago

Still no program no coach, they wanted change but nothing organised.
If there is any high performance coach out there looking for players give T.I.S a ring for contacts. Athletes and parents looking at options for programs and schooling. Already have some but need to look at every program that is available.
No high performance no chance for Australian selection and to fulfil their dreams and goals.

BTas have to many other agendas and have forgotten athletes and pathway.

Coach in Tassie

Reply #437934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Latest happenings here.
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-8371-0-0-0&sID=285029&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=25792512

Reply #437945 | Report this post

3 boys have made AUSTRALIA 19s but have no high performance program in Tassie.
So what was wrong with Schuellers programs. Currently 4 in Aussie sides and 4 more on depth charts so why the change.
Chris McCoy and certain board members have a lot to answer for.
No T.I.S, little funding from BA, the best athletes will have to leave and seek pathways with other states.

Reply #438532 | Report this post

Irrelevance  
Years ago

It looks to me like NEED HELP and the 3 in 19's but no programs Posts are from the same person and most likely Schueller himself. If it is Schueller then he should give up putting petrol on the embers of a fire and get on with his new job that he chose for himself. Schueller left the cushy comfort of a Tassy Government Job working with just 12 athletes answerable only to himself and left Tassy Basketballers in the lurch.

Victorias Loss and Tassies Gain I say about the selfish move by Schueller

Reply #438830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crap!

Reply #438835 | Report this post

Irrelevance  
Years ago

Must have been spot on based on the response by Anon ( Schueller )

Reply #438837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clutching at straws now irrelevant! Truth is only loosers like you and me would bother to comment here. You to gloat that your back stabbing worked and me as a parent being left with this as the only way to vent, because we get zero from BTas. Keep trolling though if it makes you feel better.,

Reply #438847 | Report this post

Ariel  
Years ago

Welcome to the world of a parent whose kid never made it to a state team, or the TIS, or got cut from one of these programs for not performing! How about you come and say exactly that to the angry parents at the upcoming BTas open meeting.

It will be interesting to see:
1. Who you are
2. Why your hating on Justing so much
& 3. Whether or not you get out of the meeting room alive

How about you stop hiding behind a random name and show your face at one of the meetings!

Reply #438851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't handle the truth!!!

Reply #438878 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Love to be a fly on the wall @ October 12 meeting.

Reply #438929 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

http://www.supersportswomen.com.au/Article/Players_the_losers_in_Tassie.aspx

Reply #439259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smoke and Mirrors!!

Reply #439275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One rumour is that each area may now get it's own Part time coach.

Reply #439289 | Report this post

Big Thanks  
Years ago

Thank you Mr Stacker for helping our athletes in Tassie. Giving up your own time for two days is marvellous and a kind gesture more than what Btas could do. For the parent who organised this well done and parents who supported the two day program thanks.
It is a pity BTAS didnt fund this program for the players because it is just not for scholarship holders WHO THEY HAVE THE MOST AGANST WITH.

Reply #439425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did any Kids get offered a place in his Basketball School?

Reply #439430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australian culture = kill eagles, cater for the ducks

Reply #439432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

P Thomas gets the head coaching job for the U20 boys.
That'll work.

Reply #439443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only one that put in for it i reakon!!

Reply #439445 | Report this post

Big Thanks  
Years ago

They blamed Justin for not coaching coaches and invite Thomas to coach he would of really listen to Justin, what a joke!

Of course they got invited to his school and along with other options all over Australia.

Coaches out there can see there is no pathway and no high performance so they will take this chance to recruit as anyone would.

Reply #439447 | Report this post

Big Thanks  
Years ago

Last year 20s coaches put in.

Reply #439448 | Report this post

Years ago

Bigthanks yoo make no sense bru?

Reply #439449 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Have not seen this post for a few weeks but it still goes.
From day one this was handled by BTAS in a unprofessional way i.e finishing E.T.S on face book. It seems like four people have a lot to answer for and to previous post it makes every sense they need to supply something from a high performance coach just not S.D.P and have to pay for it them selves.
I think they are just so frustrated

Reply #439458 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Yep. Now Mike McHugh brought into bolster program at Launceston this weekend. Help Radford with SDP and maybe hold McCoy's hand at the open forum.

Reply #439468 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Reply #439471 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Reply #439472 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Reply #439473 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Reply #439474 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Reply #439475 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Reply #439476 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Reply #439477 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Reply #439478 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Reply #439479 | Report this post

poorly handled  
Years ago

Reply #439480 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

You fell asleep at your keyboard or your point is ....?

Reply #439485 | Report this post

forum  
Years ago

Lets see what Chris has to say on Saturday, then we will make our minds up what we will do.
I just hope we can move forward and athletes have the same program or close to it so we can keep producing national players like this year and past.
But everyone in Tassie and mainland need to support our players in some way not just putting us in to hard basket.
Why this happened is very regrettable and BTAS would have to admit this was handled very poorly. Lets hope our players are not held back by this and are pushed forward to excel for their club, state and maybe nation or even professionally. We have our fingers crossed.

Reply #439488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have no choice Really, Justin not coming back and McCoy and the Board are not going anywhere.

Reply #439500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The latest

http://www.supersportswomen.com.au/Article/Basketball_Tas_to_face_music.aspx

Reply #439795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible that those poor 12 kids are so disenfrachised isn't it. Of the 3 newly named Australian under-19 reps how many will be in the state in a years time? Possibly zero. 1 has already gone to college with no assitance from the lacklustre Scheuller.
It's also a shame that Scheuller was so MIA across the state. No loss what so ever IMO. I am sure Country Vic will find that out eventually. Happy to be proven wrong.

Reply #439817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the 12 has already left the state to go to college.

Reply #439840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TIS is great but very much suited to individual athletes, that's why netball pulled out.

Reply #439855 | Report this post

Phobus  
Years ago

I'm not sure which athlete out of the 12 left to go to college?? but I can assure you that 2 of the 3 recent Aus reps have chosen to leave the state to complete year 12 at basketball specific schools. As for the third rep, I don't know! Maybe he's going to spend a year in SEABL before going to an American College.

Reply #439864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stacker will be happy!!

Reply #439869 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

You the one who seems disenfranchised. Your kid's missed out or the like. Schueller gave more kids more opportunities than any of his predecessors. RE: Country Cup for example. The tournament had only run for 20+ years when Schueller organised the first Tas teams to compete there. And BTas is gonna keep Tas involvement going there. Gave the 2nd ten behind those making state squads the big tournament opp each year and a chance to impress, gain experience and a shot at making the state team in subsequent years. The only thing that has been lacklustre is the approach taken in many years past where we just made up the numbers. All this anti-Schuellerism seems to be just typical tall poppy whacking and an age old view down here that we don't like change, particularly coming from some young interstate smartarse.

Reply #439905 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Back page of today's Examiner newspaper.

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/1836325/basket-brawl/?cs=96

Reply #439928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCoy is part of the problem.

Reply #439940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The whole thing is a mess. Let me explain it like this. If someone said come look at my Ferrari f40 parked in the garage. I would. I would sit in it. Sniff the leather. Look at my reflection in the paint, maybe even start it...... If they then said you can't have it yet. You have to first work hard in comp/team xyz, then study, then maybe if you're a good guy you MIGHT get it.

What would I do????? Huh????
Well, that my friends is why sporting pathways are important.

Reply #439958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCoy is just a puppet. The newby being asked to fire the bullets that are being made by some else who has a personal issue with Schueller because he cut her daughter. Parents who manipulate themselves into power positions can do a lot of damage.

Reply #439959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Latest.
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-8371-0-0-0&sID=285029&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=26114952

Reply #440216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great outcome, well done to a involved!!

Reply #440225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BA have not actually endorsed Btas program and without their endorsement and MONEY it will not be viable.

Reply #440247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"BTAS will now control the program and partner with BA to deliver the high performance to the scholarship athletes. We will plan to include an external service provider, such as the TIS, for some of the specialist areas of athlete development - strength and conditioning and nutrition", McCoy said.

Reply #440256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So was this new position advertised?

Reply #440268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there anyone more Qualified??

Reply #440271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no new position. They will bring outsiders in as required and I beleive that they will use exisding people like Radford and Livingston and others to fill the gaps across the state. The kids will probably get better personal treatment than previsouly. It's amazing that so few parents involved with so few kids and this program can be such pains.

Reply #440302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ur wrong. Pathways, and the quality of them, build the sport from the top down.

Reply #440303 | Report this post

Whodat  
Years ago

Kids like Tanner Krebs, Kyle Clark, Kai Woodfall and Callum Barker need a solid high performance system. Obviously Tasmania is not going to provide it so they will leave the state. Simple as that. It's sending a very poor message to the juniors of the state. "Oh hey, if you can ball pretty good and are making national teams, we don't want to help you".

Reply #440312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO kids will stay in generally any state even with a high performance system in place. Never heard so much bollucks.

Barker had already gone even when Schueller was in Tassie!

Reply #440331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How would anyone know if there was someone more qualified if it wasn't advertised? Seems pretty "jobs for the boys"ish.

Reply #440343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Example of a more Qualified coach please?

Reply #440347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly what position are we talking about that hasn't been advertised?

Reply #440370 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

There's Rat.

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/1840912/high-performance-role-for-radford/?cs=88

Reply #440377 | Report this post

Hopscotch 29  
Years ago

FIBA Certified coaches (from FIBA.com) To become a FIBA Approved Coach, a coach must first be included in the list of coaches holding the highest grading by his/her national member federation (National Federation of the country he/she is a legal citizen). This does not affect his ability to perform the duties of a Coach in another country according to the applicable regulations of that country.

Looking at this list Schueller is on it and so is David Munns the old TIS coach. Is he still in tassie?

Reply #440397 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Yep. Munns still on the NW Coast.

Reply #440399 | Report this post

Oberon 50  
Years ago

Do the coaches that they have selected in all regions all have qualifications and experience in coaching?Obvioulsy Radford has experience but what about the dude in the south and in north ? Not sure many sports would have their players with naional rankings left to be coached by anything but fully qualified professional coaches? Might be one thing to say under the guidance of, but 100-200kms away aint right.

Reply #440623 | Report this post

Whodat  
Years ago

Barker is still in the state??

Reply #440630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oberon are you asking about this guy in the South?
Radofrds a pup compared to the "guy in the south".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Livingston
So much for that ill informed theory.

Reply #440640 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

Randy Livingston has had nothing to do with it yet. Still waiting for info on what is going to happen in the south. I just drags on and on and on.........

Reply #440652 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

^it

Reply #440653 | Report this post

state coach  
Years ago

Randy Livingston state coach and pretty sure has his own business and no time for H.P or S.D.P programs but good pickup for TAS.
Can anyone tell me what Ben Rush is doing, has he been asked for H.P, probably the most qualified person in the state for this.
Or is it a question Tas have no money now T.I.S have pulled all their money and B.A most of theirs?

Reply #440657 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Munns, Rush, Livingston, Radford and many others were all in attendance and coaching the States top basketball athletes last weekend while Schueller fans were banging on about Schueller

Reply #440662 | Report this post

Oberon 50  
Years ago

Anon.
Just a question as dont know.So not an ill informed theory at all- sometimes questions are just questions.Good to hear he is a gun. Thanks.

Although then I read he may not even be involved anyway...

So Anon..just a question ...what about the guy in the North then? What is his coaching experience?

Is he in the same ball park as Schueller?

Reply #440664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So all these positions filled without seeking applicants? Where is the governance/accountability?

Reply #440669 | Report this post

Oberon 50  
Years ago

Just read your link anon.
Randy certainly has some serious basketball Cred..maybe he should be state coach!!

Will wait and see what your response is to my question about the coach in the North then?
Is Randy actually taking on the role?

Or is it still waiting for BA to approve?
Is there any money for it ?

Reply #440673 | Report this post

Time for Facts!  
Years ago

Northern coach is currently unaccredited, not coached at state or high performance level before, never been to an AUS camp, not coached juniors or this age group to my knowledge.
Good luck northern kids, maybe you should move to Hobart to be coached by the gun down there..

Rush isn't part of the new "better HP model" being rolled out by BTAS.

Schueller is an Advanced Performance Coach and Fiba Licenced coach who currently coaches this age group up to International Level - not sure you can discredit that BTAS!

Reply #440682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't start booking the moving van to move south just yet. No sign that Randy Livingston is taking on a roll, although you can pay for private coaching from him. Thanks BTas.

Reply #440688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What has BTas got to do with RL?

Reply #440696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BTas has very little to do with RL and after he attended last weeks SDP training and the 'meeting' I would be surprised if he didn't want to leave it that way.
Coincidentally very little is what our former HP athletes are being offered in our 'new and improved' program.
We had a Rolls Royce high performance program and it was sad to sit in that meeting and watch as they desperately tried to superglue the badge onto the Morris Minor they found in the shed out back.
Perhaps the Roller needed a bit of a tune up (although us punters were obviously too dumb to notice) but we chose to send it to the wrecking yard and only keep the badge (also forgot there was a big bag of TIS money in the glove box).
Finally found a meaning to the old phrase "cutting your nose off to spite your face".

Reply #440804 | Report this post

haahhaa  
Years ago

That last post is hilarious....and sadly so very true. Well written. If only this mess wasn't affecting the futures of so many athletes it would be comical. So still waiting patiently for a HP program but in the interim would LOVE some coaching for these kids. Well done Rebecca Dick for offering her services to the NW athletes, so very kind of you...wish there were some more offers thru BTAS to mop up this shambles they have created

Reply #440811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a Rolls Royce Canardly I think.

Reply #440812 | Report this post

Oberon 50  
Years ago

Yes funny if not appearing to be true.

So Schueller highly qualified, highly successful and charged with working high Performance kids - which he did exceptionally well to the satisfaction of athletes & parents involved, TIS and BA. But as he didnt do the things like work with the kids he wasnt meant to, nor specifically train the coaches he wasnt employed to, BTAS decided they could do it better.

At the forum- they then patted themselves on the back for responding to this situation- alleging it was cos Schueller up and left - no acknowledgement of them withdrawing their endorsement / support for the program - which meant it was unable to continue as is.

The state of play now is, BTAS have put forward a model that has not yet been endorsed by BA and therefore not yet funded:

Radford overseeing it all, inbetween his other responsibilities though,seriously In fairness they can address that, but will BTAS? He is not gonna travel so there will be regional coaches.

Randy is a gun, and appears from some feedback, a really decent guy, but maybe just bought down to State camp for a one off, for appearances? So South coach yet to be named?

After reading article on BTAS and then comments on Advocate Newspaper, North Coach Piercy can play but has no qualifications or experience in working with juniors?

OK so when does the good news start rolling in?
Have these kids had any contact yet from BTAS?

Reply #440817 | Report this post

Whodat  
Years ago

How can these kids trust BTAS after they took a very successful program and a coach who they obviously care about away from them.

Reply #440821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tough times tough measures, $80 grand a year to coach 12 kids, let's be honest!

Reply #440824 | Report this post

pay  
Years ago

T.I.S paid coach and more than 12 athletes in program,ever heard of E.T.S!!!!

Reply #440836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Indeed $80k a year for 12 kids and seldom ever sighted in the south or apparently the N/W.
The rich parents dictating who should have the job. There are lots of kids out there that are arguably more talented yet their parents can't afford to be in this program. Scheuller tells the parents, oh your kid is awesome,so talented and targets the parents that can afford to pay for their kid in his program.
In a few years no one will be here from this group and it will all be a storm in a teacup.

Reply #440838 | Report this post

Seriously  
Years ago

That's funny cos it's gonna cost a lot more now without TIS for high performance kids do you really know what your on about. ... And just as funny is the fact that you keep mentioning 12 parents ... Yes that's 100% of the parents disappointed .. So that includes the north west and south obviously ... So what are you saying ...

You are also forgetting the ETS kids ... They are also not happy ...

What else u got ?

Reply #440847 | Report this post

LIE  
Years ago

Lie,You really have no idea.Get hold of a program.Name the kids who have more talent.

Reply #440848 | Report this post

Seriously  
Years ago

Yep you are right they won't be here and it will be forgotten so it's the SDP kids that were aiming for those heights that are gonna miss out!

Reply #440849 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

You are sadly mistaken, been living under a rock or trolling a bunch of outright lies. Schueller was all over the place, week in, week out training TIS and ETS kids. There is a hell of a lot of misinformation being posted on this thread and it cannot go unchallenged. And please, more talented kids who have missed out - more lies, more garbage. You have no credibility.

Reply #440855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any idea what so ever of how much it costs for a kid to complete a full seson in this clearly wonderful program? Any idea of how much it cost the parents to send the kids away on a O/s tour, interstate, to drive them to Hobart or Launcetson or Devonport? Week in week out? If you seriously believe that Scheuller was all over the state you are sadly mistaken. Scheuller in the South week in week out. Deluded. Kids who have more talent are going interstate already and paying to be coached privately. Maybe it's Cal's school or Phil's school or Molloy's school, but they were overlooked initially. Not enought spots available as well. Probably because Scheuller couldn't or wouldn't recognise their talent. Seriously you have no real idea about whats going on what so ever.
I am sure that Victoria will love him and the parent's of the kids he pumps up that can afford it.

Reply #440856 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

How many TIS spots would be enough to cater for all these "more talented" kids? They could hardly afford 12 it seems, what'd you want: 30 kids on scholarship? Think you is the deluded one, friend.

Reply #440857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The north was very well catered for, the best kids had to travel Clarke and Krebs were always on the road!

Reply #440860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball is an expensive sport to get your kids into. I personally have outlayed many thousands over the years. That is why the TIS program was so sought after because it was FREE.
Yes there was a bit of travel to cover but with a bit of communication and car pooling it ment one trip to Launceston a month. Most sessions were either end of a SDP camp to save a double trip, and being in the TIS ment we didn't have to pay the $500 SDP charge.
"Rich parents" - you obviously don't know many of us, if any. Anon 838 has obviously been fed a load of crap or is trolling, or both.

Reply #440861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schueller was in Hobart every week. Even transpoted kids to and from training on many occasions. Trips away that were not covered by program were voluntary.

Reply #440864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So I guess your kid #864 never got to go overseas. . Ask someone exactly how much it cost them to have a kid who represents your state and country. You obviously dont know.

Reply #440886 | Report this post

Whodat  
Years ago

This kids and parents didn't have to send their kids to camps in launceston or Hobart week in and week out. They chose to. They knew they would benefit from it. From what I've heard to, the group of athletes were like a family and were torn by all of this.

Reply #440890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know to the dollar exactly how much it costs. Just stating that TIS was only a fraction of the cost involved and without a doubt the best value!

Reply #440899 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Rush is more qualified than most, if not for the new child I would promise you he would still be applying his trade overseas.
Basketball tas has always had there problems, I played there and have seen how they work with the little they have, the divide between NW,Launceston and Hobart is different than any other state I've been involved in (NSW and now WA)
I think new blood needs to come in but starting at the grass roots, Piecey is a great guy and not a bad coach but can he run a program?

Reply #440900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#899 free is good. So what costs do you know about other than free?

Reply #440941 | Report this post

Jumpin' Jack  
Years ago

BTAS State Team Tryouts $40- that aint free.

Reply #440942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

60 min. In nsw

Reply #440967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$80 in Vic

Reply #440972 | Report this post

COST:
McCoy advises TIS program was exceptionally expensive, and another reason BTAS weren't happy with it...

Actual Cost: $0.00 - so slightly different !

For the 2012 invitational and non compulsory bi-annual international tour...User pays $$ (Horizons Tour)
All other interstate TIS tours were covered by TIS. Yes the kids had to pay for their food, assume they are fed while being at home.

Perhaps McCoy, being newish to the role, forgot the below BTAS events are all User Pays, or maybe added that into the TIS cost!:

State Team cost - BTAS event! User pays $2200- $3500.
Country Cup cost - BTAS event! User pays $1800.
State Development - BTAS event! User Pays $550

BA: Aus Camps - $0.00 for the kids invited.
BA: Tournaments - maybe user pays, but not sure even so this is not a TIS cost as they are BA events.

(and no, none of these fees cover the cost of petrol to get the kid to the event or trainings, or for food while there...)

Also interesting reading the fine print on this 2014 CCUP tournament...McCoy states $1800 is cheaper this 2014 tour than 2013... however omits to advise the CCUP tour is 2 days shorter in 2014...so another example of really good creative writing, but that adds up to being more expensive! and note this year the fee covers coaches subsidies...

Reply #441077 | Report this post

Jumpin' Jack  
Years ago

Ouch !!

Reply #441079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on Justin, get on with your life!!

Reply #441081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cost was in the coach, $85,000 plus a car for 12 kids?

Reply #441083 | Report this post

Jumpin' Jack  
Years ago

Anonymous

TIS paid for car and coach too.

Is that really your response?
WOW now I have changed my opinion - BTAS do know what they are doing.

Facts hurt hey?

Reply #441086 | Report this post

Unless you are a BTAS board member, or BTAS GM how would you know what the salary was?? and what right do you have to make those comments unless it was factual? Its a risky gig putting incorrect information out there.

Given BTAS only paid $22K (newspaper) towards the program, they had a pretty good deal then.

Reply #441087 | Report this post

Jumpin' Jack  
Years ago

Man- anonymous you are getting taking to the cleaners on this- throw the towel in.

Reply #441092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Justin!!! Come on now.

Reply #441097 | Report this post

LOL  
Years ago

McCoy!!! come on now.

Reply #441126 | Report this post

Phobus  
Years ago

This is by far one of the funniest threads on hoops! Should be renamed 'The big Tasmanian basketball fight'. I challenge someone to make a movie about it!

Reply #441374 | Report this post

Jumpin Jack  
Years ago

Great idea it should start up at the TIS in 3D and then go back to black and white and end in a radio skit as that's how far BTAS are taking back high performance!

Reply #441398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still waiting patiently. No action.

Reply #442162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South Dev Officer advertised.
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-8371-0-0-0&sID=285029&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=26385176

Reply #442452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW a full time coach in each region,thats massive!!

Reply #442453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice double. An advert for a BTas position AND this thread jumps 'The Radford Quote' for all time Most Replies.

Reply #442464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good news for all kids, well done Btas,a positive step forward.

Reply #442493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might be an idea for all the knockers now to desist.

Reply #442544 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Spin time in overdrive? Dish out the rose coloured glasses. Good old BTas came and saved the day. Ye-hah.

Reply #442646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The experts here said there was no plans and no future. Wrong and wrong.

Reply #442665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow we have an add for a position. Exciting master plan step one. Three full time positions of $??000 (Plus outside support provider) added to the budget to cover the $22-25000 previously paid to the TIS??

Reply #442668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who said there will be 3 full time positions?

Reply #442690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Radford North West
Peircey North
Advertised South

Reply #442693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This post jump this thread three more places on the most replies list. Go for rip ten and giv Tas one last chance at basketball glory!!

Reply #442753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whisper E.T.S coming back under different name!!!!!

Reply #442809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm tipping it will all come back looking like a poor cousin of the TIS program. Only without the TIS funding will be user pays, hence will now be truly for the kids of those prepared to pay.

Reply #442827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened with all this? Did Tas end up with a decent program? They have 4 going to NZ with the U19's 3 boys. and 1girl. Did they end up getting a decent lead up prep?

Reply #445651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes all sorted, thanks for your concern!

Reply #445652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to hear. Was looking ugly for a while.

Reply #445676 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

How many of the players have moved to VIC?

Reply #445686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moved or going there to improve their skills? How many are returning?

Reply #445695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any ideas about who got the position in the South? The U19swould have been close to moving on from development pathway by this stage no matter what happens. It is what is going to be provided for the next groups that most are waiting for news on.

Reply #445715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tasmanian juniors are sadly worse off for all of this mess.

Reply #445724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Full Time Coach in each region will develope all kids not just 6 Boys 6 Girls.
Common sense really!!

Reply #445734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When though? Still waiting.

Reply #445735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 out of 3 done and working,They are trying to make sure it is the best person in Hobart as it has been the most effected area over the passed 5 years.

Reply #445737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not all sorted!!!. Can not wait to see how many in program.Do they include all the kids who's parents think they a stars because they score 20 in local underage roster!!!
It should be picked by BA coaches at nationals or when they come to Tas
, so parents can not complain.Hang on that's what used to happen.
High performance program is exactly that.So if you think we have more than 6 boys 6 girls who can get a AUS gig you are way off base!!!!anyway that's why ETS was developed for the next tier and this is coming back under a different name.

Reply #445751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

program meant to start 25 Nov, lets hope it does and we get back to developing the best state players and with luck some national players'
It is just a pity some people in Tas bball think this is not important for what ever their reasons are!!!!
It is a pity players have left because all of this but good luck to them in the future

Reply #445752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So let me get this right we are going from 1 Full time coach to 3 Full time coaches and its not going to be better for Basketball in Tassie?
I think some people have picked some sour Grapes and need a little sugar to sweeten them up.
Get real!!

Reply #445768 | Report this post

Meegan  
Years ago

They use to have one in each region a long, long time ago with Rush (north) Harvey (South) and Knight (NW)but I think it was not supported enough $$$ to work back then.

The so called "Elite" programs all suffered when it went from a few paid scholarships to user pays. Then it just became a free for all and anyone with a kid and a good wage got into programs like the NITCP.

I hope for Basketball in Tasmania's sake they get this right.

Reply #445772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The TIS scolarships were fully funded and suitably few. The BTas NITP then Regional/State development programs were user pay and open to all. It is the link between that has caused all this mess.

Reply #445780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...or is it nepostism that has caused this?

Reply #445792 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Hobart suffered because of nepotism and that everyone there knows what is best for basketball but continually stuff it up. McCoy and the dinosaurs from the Jurassic BTas Park have chased away all the people trying to move the sport out of the 1980's! But it doesn't matter as the glory days are coming.

Reply #445802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nepotism in Tassy LMAO !!!! you guys really do leave yourselves open to ridicule.

Reply #446049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New structure circulated today. Almost an exact replica of the TIS program that was supposed to have been failing so badly. Although in a cheeper to run downgraded format.

Reply #446325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So it's pretty much just a poor-mans version of what Schueller had in place?

Reply #446330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on!!

Reply #446340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 fulltime coaches someone said, is that the case?

Reply #446357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Old post but well done J Schueller and have a great trip to worlds.

Reply #480013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SMA it just shows you that as time moves on those people those dinosaurs are gone and there is indeed a brighter future now that Schueller has left.
The old guard has finally been usurped and there is every chance BTas will be dragged into the 20th century.
Schuller is a name that was a pimple in the terms of Tassie basketball.
Maybe someone needs to sing his praises in Vic?

Reply #480032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schueller doing a great job with Country Vic Program!

Reply #480035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 full-time coaches and a new board.....
Anthony Stewart in the south is huge for TAS Basketball.

Reply #480042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of water under the bridge and just seeing the signs of getting sorted. The board members who were prepared to sacrafice $1.2M P/Year of Gov. money, and the whole TIS high performance basketball program, to satisfy a hate of one preson have gone. Now we can finally move on and start to build again.

Reply #480050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha yeah anon that "dinosaur" who is one of the coaches involved in our national junior program CURRENTLY.
You could see the results of the decision at 18 Nationals already, and it didn't look like an improvement for Tassie basketballer. Such a shame young basketballers will have to pay for the personal agendas of some.

Reply #480058 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

in the time that schueller was in the tas program their teams both boys and girls were the most competitive they have ever been, the proof will be in those now coming through the current un16 state group who wont have had schueller in there development,
but I think if you look at the current 95/96/97 kids, and how many have made a national program/team considering tassies size, I think the answer if pretty clear Scheuller did an amazing job.

Reply #480081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tasmania has always had talent and sometimes that talent all turns up at the same time, hardly just a Justin thing.
As the under 16 this year are light on in size and heavy with first year players.
Big Picture!

Reply #480085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL - Tas rolling out the excuses early. Looks like the Tas culture of old. Good news for other states!

Reply #480090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell yourself that often enough and you will believe it!!! Must have been pure coincidence. It was not only Schueller that got squeezed out but the whole TIS program. The replacement so far has been a poor copy of what they once had. Including the dreaded America trip which was touted as one of the main issues and the related cost to those striving to get into the program. Haven't noticed Basketball here getting any cheaper since that time!

Reply #480091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1 full-time coach out 3 full-time in,
Has to be a better model.
1 coach coached 8 kids, 3 coaching 800!!

Reply #480114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha just shows how Tas has no elite development pathway! 800 elite players? Tas should win gold at every Nationals!

Reply #480125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess when they are in the NBL in another season there will be a damm good reason to stay in Tassie.

Reply #480139 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

seriously 3 coaches for 800 kids how is that better, thats 266 per coach, yeah really get some individual help here to improve. dream on

Reply #480192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And they are now working for Basketball in Tasmania, not just one city.
Anthony Stewart is a great believer in the keeping all involved as he himself was a late bloomer that would not have had a hope under the old system.
People who hang there hats on these young athletes as the own personal achievement have no idea. Feel proud and happy for the kids and understand they were good way before you got your hands on them.
"It takes a village to raise a Child"

Reply #480203 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

"seriously 3 coaches for 800 kids how is that better, thats 266 per coach, yeah really get some individual help here to improve. dream on"

They might not get individual coaching, but when having group training they will benefit greatly having 3 if not more (network coaches) out on the court helping out. It's not like they have 800 kids at one training either. You would know that I'm sure.

You're either bitter or just a stirrer!
Buy a capital too dude!!

Reply #480204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BMF....isn't the whole purpose of an elite program just that ELITE.... Not every Tom Dick and Harry because mum and dad think juniors the next big thing. The whole purpose of BA 's HPP is giving those who are standout talent individual coaching and mentoring and it's a very select few in that program from each state, NITP is the next teir down, again the numbers should reflect quality not quantity.......enough capitals for you DUDE!

Reply #480224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.facebook.com/#!/BasketballTasmania?fref=nf

Here are Thomas, Richard and Harrison!!!

Reply #480231 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

You're the one that mentioned 800 not me.
If it is a HPP then the numbers will be a lot less as you are aware and the 1 on 1 would be significantly more, so your 800 is simply the amount of kids playing ball in Tasmania.
I am sure the HPP in Tasmania isn't at 800 (You have stats for these numbers)?

Yes, capitals were much better, no point in writing like a 16 year old when clearly you are not!

Reply #480233 | Report this post

Tas  
Years ago

Sorry BMF that was a supporting URL, for your point of view.
Anon is has no idea what is going on with BTAS and how much better it is in a short time. They have only just scratched the surface i believe.

Reply #480239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous has nailed it - despite the rhetoric young Tasmanian elite basketballers will lose out due to the politics of adults. All the competitive improvements made in the last 5 years will be gone.

Reply #480253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The biggest improvement is the the talented kids are now playing Basketball not just training and being tested. Most people don't realise the TIS is very much suited to individual sports, that's why it's mostly testing, weight program's and individual tuition.
The very reason netball are not great supporters of it.

Reply #480272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The National Performance Program (NPP) is designed to assist Basketball Australia identified athletes who are members of, or on the fringe selection of, National Junior Teams. The Victorian NPP will be held during September to May on a Sunday afternoon at the State Basketball Centre and be coached by elite coaches also involved with or on the fringe of National team selections.

Underpinning the NPP is the revamped National Intensive Training Program (NITP). The NITP will work with around 15 metro and 15 country identified athletes in the under 16 and 18 women and men age groups. These 60 athletes shall work under the new Basketball Victoria curriculum. Country NITP athletes shall work with identified coaches under the direction of the High Performance Coach Country in their home stadiums and at regular combined training camps, whilst the Metro NITP athletes shall work alongside the NPP on Sunday afternoons at the State Basketball Centre.

Feeding the Victorian NITP is the new State Performance Program (SPP). The SPP has been designed to be in alignment with, and underpin, the teachings and philosophies of the revamped NPP and the restructured Victorian NITP, which will allow for systematic and progressive identification, selection and development of Victorian athletes from 14 to 19 years. 

The SPP will operate between 1 October and 30 May at an accredited home association's venue, utilising and developing home association players and coaches that are duly identified and are on the fringe of the NPP, the NITP and/or State team involvement.

The objectives of Basketball Victoria’s High Performance programs are;
· To identify athletes from the VJBL, State team trials and the NITP/Southern Cross Challenge/East Coast Challenge selection camps, who display the characteristics and ability required of an elite athlete, and train them in a group environment to become future State and National team representatives and be the best players that they can be.

· To increase the pool of Victorian athletes who have the capacity and ability to meet State team standards and future National opportunities.

· To further educate Victorian athletes and coaches about the latest high performance concepts to flow through to the accredited association’s network.

Reply #480273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BMF, I didn't say 800, it was mentioned by another poster (480114)who thought the 800 was better than the 8 , so unless it was a type O and they meant 80 then 800 is an absurd amount to have in a specialist program, even with 3 coaches on the floor and splitting sessions it would still equate to over 40 kids per coach, not ideal in anyone's books I would imagine. Personally I think one head coach to oversea an entire program with several experienced coaches in satellite areas with more development coaches under them, to be able get through and assess the kids to evaluate those who warrant more individualised coaching.

Reply #480289 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Your last part is probably about what the program is doing.
That's how most programs run, HC with satellite coaches, and joint sessions at periodic times.

Reply #480318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that is the point, there are now 3 HC one in each area working together with other coaches in each area to grow the sport in the state, it must be a better system surely.
Schueller was great but he was not in it for Tas Basketball it was all HP kids, and not very good at growing our coaching ranks in Tas if anything they dropped off.
Understanding of a small state and the importants of bringing people together for a common goal was lacking.Launceston people would disagree, but North West and South had plenty of reason to feel left out.

Reply #480335 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You guys are welcome to start a thread specifically about Tasmanian basketball rather than continue the Schueller one if you want.

Reply #480341 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754