Anonymous
Years ago

36ers Development player Kyle Adnam

Kid who plays vic state youth for Kilsyth Kyle Adnam.

Is this abit of a kick in the teeth for all the South Aus purest who think SA kids should fill these spots? Is he better than Doyle? Doubt it

Topic #32513 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Better rule out Exum too.

Reply #434367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think there should be a rule that development players should be local products (or from neutral territories without NBL teams e.g. Canberra, Tassie, etc). It's really the same with players filling up the end of the roster. Why would the Kings take on Kyle Armour over their own Jarrad Weeks & then the Wildcats start looking at Daley who the 36ers seem content to let slide.

It's naïve to think that the entire roster should be local product but when it comes to giving a young kid an opportunity then surely it's in the best interest of the league for clubs relationship to recruit locally. Those grass roots ties are essential & there is nothing better than a local kid makes the big time to build those.

Reply #434370 | Report this post

t  
Years ago

Best person gets the spot fullstop

Reply #434374 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I think there's benefit in developing South Aussies through the development spot. Exceptions would be the Dante Exums of the world.

Reply #434377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not the best player available though so I don't agree with that statement. 36ers must be paying something for him to move over from Melbourne. Doyle, Daly and Shaun Bruce these kids would average 30+ points in that youth league competition.. All still eligible for development spot (guessing its still under 25 age limit). To me doesn't make sense and weighing up the positives and negatives I agree it's better to fill these spots with locals.

Reply #434378 | Report this post

KracKa BballiN'  
Years ago

Tom Daly is rated at 3, pretty sure that's why he missed out.

Other than that i agree local would be better, but I'm happy with what's going on at the 36ers I'm not going to complain about a dp spot.

Reply #434380 | Report this post

t  
Years ago

Who will he play for locally? They usually go to forestville or west

Reply #434381 | Report this post

JIMSAanon  
Years ago

Kyle is a great player, he averaged 27 and 7 over the finals in the strongest under 23's comp in the country, and finished with 37 and got his team the state championship at just 19 yrs old, check out what the sixers coach had to say about him, he said his future is limitless with hard work, i have coached elite basketball before and i know a great talent when i see one. Kyle has a long way to go physically if he wants to be a international level basketballer but he has something incredibly special about him, Adelaide are lucky to scoop him up if you ask me. hes got a bright future. best players shuld get the spots simple as that. however im disappointed perth didnt give him a look ! there are plenty of good players though.

Reply #434384 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Personally I believe the best players should get the spots no matter where in Australia/NZ they're from.

If a player gets attention from a NBL team and is willing to move away to play as a development player, then good on them! Give it to'em!

Reply #434387 | Report this post

Jackie C  
Years ago

Doyle is out there too btw. And Joel Spear even though he's going back to college.

Reply #434394 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It would be nice if it was an SA Player, but the club needs to select the best player available. Unless all clubs limit themselves, gotta go with who the coach thinks will offer the most.

Reply #434401 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

To be fair, the clubs are allowed more than one DP position. Tom Daly, Jan Warbout, Stefan Wright, Adam Doyle etc all trained with the 36ers last year.

If we're talking about selecting a DP to potentially play home games and/or replace injured players, it only makes sense to go with the best feasible option. Whether or not Kyle Adnam is the better player is subjective, but the statistics quoted previously give the selection reasonable foundation.

Reply #434404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yer local products are always the best way to go. ... just look at Zac Delaney at the Gong perfect example!

Reply #434411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delaney is a side show at a circus, only popular because of his comedic height!

I dont know about this new development player, but agree always pick the best available.

Reply #434429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delaney sells jerseys!

Reply #434646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he really 184cm?
I was watching his 2013 highlights tape on youtube and he can't even dunk!!!

Reply #434647 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Dunking is the least used basketball skill, yet the most overrated.

Reply #434669 | Report this post

Anymous  
Years ago

Kyle Adnam is a freak!!! Just wait and see

Reply #437452 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

dude can play

Reply #494496 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kyle Adnam is a freak!!! Just wait and see
He's suited for the 36ers already so people have seen him play at NBL level already.

Reply #494509 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754