Reply #434839 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Imparja...is that a normal TV station??

Reply #434853 | Report this post

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

Tiger Watcher,

Its an Indigenious owned and run network, has quite a far reatching audience, most digital TV's can now tune in IMPARJA.

Reply #434854 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Wont make any real difference but why not? Cant hurt if they want to show it. If it costs a decent amount to show it I cant see the benefit though, better off spending that money improving production.

Reply #434855 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

wow...great move...! Surely we can aim a little higher than that!

Reply #434860 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If it doesn't preclude the league from broadcasting elsewhere and doesn't cost much, then sure.

I'd like to see the league on SBS actually.

Reply #434862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Facepalm article.

Imparja is a Nine Network affiliate with a fancy indigenous name, nothing more. If you sign with Nine the NBL would be on their network including all regional affiliates, i.e. Imparja. Likewise if you signed with Seven the league would also be on 7 Central (outback Seven with similar footprint).

Sign with Seven or Nine and you get access to all their affiliates including the outback.

An interesting idea is buying cheap airtime on regionals but what is the point when you reach a small fraction of the population. The league needs eyes in the capital cities not the middle of nowhere for sponsor appeal.

Reply #434898 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Wtf is an imparja... Why don't we just throw the NBL on HBO while we're at it

Reply #434924 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Guys, chill. Last time I checked, imparja, although a nine affiliate, airs programs from channel 10 as well. any TV time is a positive, so don't have a cow.

Reply #434958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imparja only shows Nine programming as of the last few years. Their logo even has the nine balls on it.

Reply #435012 | Report this post

JC  
Years ago

How about NITV? Already got a Patty Mills ep scheduled :)

http://www.nitv.org.au/fx-story.cfm?sid=712EC4B4-BC9E-0DC8-1A8E889D1261462F

Reply #435368 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754