Isaac
Years ago

36ers vs All-Stars, Pasadena Sep 14

Joey Wright on Twitter:

The gates open on Saturday night at 6pm at Pasadena, 36ers vs All Stars game on the 14th Sept 2013.

Game will be at 6.30-8.30pm.
Nothing on 36ers site, Facebook or Twitter about it other than that from Joey. Only just organised today perhaps?

Topic #32586 | Report this topic

BMF  
Years ago

yeah just read GM36ers twitter post too!

Reply #435357 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good to see the Sixers taking to the public. Any idea of the line up? SBL COTY to coach the All-Stars?

Reply #435362 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Better / more communication about their AFL Footy tipping comp than anything else?!

Reply #435402 | Report this post

MIM  
Years ago

who are the all stars?

Reply #435456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From 36ers Facebook page:

You may have heard on the grapevine that our 36ers are taking on the All-Stars this Saturday night at Pasadena stadium.

Doors open at 6pm and tip-off is at 6:30pm.
Adult tickets are only $10.00 and kids 16 and under $5.00 available at the door and limited to only 400 tickets.

So be early for your chance to see the guys hit the court for their only hit out in Adelaide before the season starts

Reply #435460 | Report this post

reggie  
Years ago

but who are they!

Reply #435461 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Do the management team at the sixers believe the only form of communication is via Facebook and Twiiter? If so, bloody pathetic, it also seems they update the official 36ers website maybe every second month. So far all these promises from management about better communication is utter garbage, looks like some things will never change.

Catering only for the diehards will never get this club back to the glory days but that's what management wants, good luck to them.

Reply #435470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All Stars are who? If it's the best of the state league guys God help them. That will be a smashing, highlighting the absolute gulf between CABL and NBL. To see that for $10....no thanks.

Reply #435475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This should be a gold coin donation at best.

Reply #435480 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A, sadly I agree and I think you've been generous putting Twitter in that list. It can go weeks without a post.

One big mistake that's made (and by many businesses) is to think that the only newsletter is a long newsletter. And so they end up being done rarely. And Dean's desk is an essay occasionally rather than 1-2 paragraphs more frequently. The easier something is to write, the more often it will be written.

The club should not be afraid to send out a quick newsletter (and press release where appropriate) for almost anything. Members' Day, this Pasadena game, DJ winning the Woollacott Medal, 36ers players in the ABL each week. 1-2 paragraphs if that's all there is to say - shorter text is more likely to be read. If it's short, make the font bigger, that's the easiest design trick around.

On Twitter, they should be posting 2-3 times a day, plus responses to fans, plus retweets of their players/coach where appropriate.

Reply #435491 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Correct, and on most things the website, twitter feed and facebook page should be coordinated.

Reply #435495 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Joey Wright Interview.....

A tune-up against the SBL All Stars, to be coached by Sixers' Hall of Fame legend Al Green, assisted by Forestville's multiple-championship winning coach Andrew Simons, is exactly what the 36ers will need.

"We're hoping to give them some decent competition," Green said.

The All Stars will include NBL championship-winner and former Boomers centre Neil Mottram (Forestville) and ex-Canberra, Melbourne, Victoria, West Sydney, Singapore, Gold Coast and 36ers centre Pero Vasiljevic (North Adelaide).

West Adelaide Bearcats guard Joel Spear, son of 36ers' championship-winner David, also will be in the team.

Reply #435524 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Anyone aware of getting tickets prior to the gate?
I think $10 is ok. I have spent more on coffee and cake which lasted 10 minutes!

Reply #435530 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

There is a small article in today's Advertiser for this game

Reply #435543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would have thought this would have been put on at Adelaide Arena and free entry for the kids. They should be trying to get as mank kids as they can to this and not limit the entry to 400. There would be alot of interest to see Erving and Frye for the first time so I think they could get more than 400.

Reply #435545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Agreed making use of the Arena and building crowd numbers as much as possible is important, great PR/Marketing opportunities towards kids going begging!

The 36's should really try and build friendships for marketing through all the district clubs as much as possible to assist with marketing to the target audience - basketball families. Normal advertising is important as well of course.

Reply #435551 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Its Junior, Youth and Senior District and Church Basketball Finals time so Arena is in use. If this is a last minute training game then all good to use Pasadena as Wayville in use for show. At least its not a closed training game !!!

Reply #435552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea agreed about using Adelaide Arena, any reason its not being used?

Could have given free entry to all children and say 2 Adults for $15 and got a decent crowd.

Hand out free tickets through district clubs and even social basketball comps through the stadium.

Even if the crowd was only 1,000 its still more than double than what they will end up with.

Especially given we have 2 new imports, new coach that lots of fans would want to check out!

Anyway cant wait, hopefully i can get a seat at Pasadena on Saturday night!

Reply #435553 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

REPEAT Arena not available and team heads off next week for preseason games.

Its Junior, Youth and Senior District and Church Basketball Finals time so Arena is in use. If this is a last minute training game then all good to use Pasadena as Wayville in use for show. At least its not a closed training game !!!

Reply #435560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the Church Basketball finals played at the Arena? District finals wouldn't be played their on a Saturday would they?

Reply #435562 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

When is members day, is that this Sunday at the Arena? Could it have been played then?

I went to the pre-season game that was at Pascedena 36ers V Wollongong, got there before the doors opened, and i got one of the last seats. Its going to be crowded.

Reply #435563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seeing that they are playing SBL all stars they should at least let kids that are in their own club colours/uniforms in for free but with a capacity of 400 that just wouldn't work.

Reply #435568 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Grumble grumble grumble.

Seriously, get over yourselves. It is not life and death stuff. It is a pre-season training game arranged at short notice - either go to it, or don't.

So much unnecessary negativity around basketball circles these days.

Reply #435577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree think it's great that they are doing it just thought it's an opportunity missed to get as many kids to the game.

Reply #435579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers have just announced 200 more seats available, capacity 600 now

Reply #435597 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

awesome,

600 defnitely sounds a lot better.

Reply #435618 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

36ers play a faster tempo at both ends now.
Worth having a look if you haven't seen it.
Let us know how they go.
I can walk to the Arena but it's a long long way to Pasadena.

Reply #435667 | Report this post

Hoop God  
Years ago

Get there early and stop complaining.

I do however have a small issue with the Sixers 'Open Day' for members. Don't get me wrong I like the idea. The supporters getting something a 'little extra' is a good thing. However tickets are limited to members only which is ok in itself BUT those who have children ( and are not members) can't bring them along.

One would think that exposing the Sixers to as many kids as possible ( in the nicest possible way) can only be good. Some kids are not members because they often play on Sixer game nights but to not allow them to attend is ludicrous! And before there are any comebacks it has been confirmed that non members( children) will not be allowed entry.

Surely it could have been Sixer season ticket holders and their families attending ( with a limit on 2-3 kids) and negotiate over the phone etc if you have more kids. Its supposed to be a meet and greet, meet the Lightning players, competitions, prizes, autographs etc.....all the things families like!

Reply #435687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard the ABL team has a few ring ins... Willie Farley being one, Rashad Tucker and a guy from QBL James Legin. Should be fun especially with Willie coming down!

Reply #435733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That sounds great. Guessing they haven't officially announced who is in the All Stars yet?

Reply #435746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome!!!

Would love to see Farley in action live one more time, his QBL stats suggest he still has some game too!

Looking forward to the game!

Reply #435748 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Farley
Legan
Tucker
Mottram (Forestville)
Vasilevic (North Adelaide)
Spear (West Adelaide)
Fildes (Forestville)
Stanbridge (Woodville)
Scipio (Eastern)
Clark (Woodville)
Lycett (Norwood)

No Sturt rep for the home crowd. So much for the SturtySixers!

Reply #435802 | Report this post

Years ago

could be lining up in the mud / wet

Reply #435807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee the term all stars is loosely used!!

Reply #435809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha is that "All-Star" team for real??? Looks like the a confidence boost game for the sixers! They will give that team a hiding!

Reply #435810 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Isaac, it's not the cricket old boy. Gone are the days you have a token local lad for the Adelaide Test.

Good to see Farley in that list. I wouldn't say that list is all too shabby. Mottram and Vasilevic ex NBL players. The other guys won't be over-awed by the experience and I would suggest they will be playing hard, particularly if they have been running around with the Sixers.

Reply #435820 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good to see Dean's latest newsletter today. Addressed all the questions I had about this Saturday's preseason game. Could be a better opposition, but I'm not really that fussed. Just keen to see our new lineup in action for the first time!

Reply #435823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a load of crap. Why arent the young guns from Southern,Centrals and Norwood not on this list. How does Spear get a guernsey when he didn't play seniors.Is it about having played NBL and who you are related to or friends with. Is it what it always is....job for the boys.

Reply #435824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which young guns from Norwood would they be exactly? They finished near the foot of the ladder and their 'young guns' hardly set the world on fire now did they?

What number were you by the way? I'll look out for you next year when we play Norwood.

Reply #435826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, motrum and pero may be x Nbl players, but they never saw any real action nor were good Nbl players. I'm sorry but the team is shabby, tucker was good in his prime but he wouldn't be the fittest man around atm so we shall see how he goes. I do love willie tho! but as for the rest of them they are just boys playing against men and will get tossed around like rag dolls

Reply #435863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well it's cheaper than flying an NBL team to Adelaide to play against and right now its probably hard to find anybody to play as its off season for the ABL players. It's a glorified scrimmage for the 36er's and everyone just criticises it.

Isn't Lycett from Norwood?

Reply #435869 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Jack, motrum and pero may be x Nbl players, but they never saw any real action nor were good Nbl players."

Mottram actually started on a championship team in 2006.

Reply #435871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reading some stuff from Boti and it looks like Pero is out (work commitments) and they are trying to get Truslove for the replacement.

Also, article in Advertiser makes it sound like Farley is just a chance of playing, has to make sure he has no other commitments?

Reply #435916 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I got the impression of Frye being a pass first player, otherwise he'd drop fifty and the defense being tooo tough for NBL teams.
Teys gotta nice jumper.. some know the rest of the speal... Let me know if I should go
back out to watch training agen.

(While the Bootleg Series advertised here is hot)

Reply #436017 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pero replaced by Raheim Brown. Schenscher out (slow recovery from injury) and Frye out too (new immigration paperwork required).

Reply #436046 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Joel Spear is waiting to return to college and is restricted from playing ABA when back in Australia.
His YL figures have been fantastic.

Would have been great to see Spud get a chance to play against 36ers too.

Reply #436047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spud was initially asked but is unable to play. I think Scipio replaced him.

Maybe he is too busy removing the splinters stuck in his behind from the GF?

Still can't believe how little he played, what a joke that was.

Anyway, will be good to see Willie back in action and I'm looking forward to seeing Ervin in person too.

Reply #436054 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Frye will play has received his immigration paperwork

Reply #436059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some imports and veterans in the "Allstars" but -

Looks like none of the top ten ABL home grown scorers or rebounders for the 2013 season have got a guernsey.

Thought Chris Clausen who trained with the 36ers for a while might have got a call up (of the non imports was 5th in scoring and 3rd in rebounds)

Reply #436070 | Report this post

Leighton  
Years ago

Decent list for the All Stars, nice to see reps from most teams, pity all ABL teams couldn't have a rep. Would support an annual event like this.

Looking forward to seeing big fella Brown play.

Reply #436083 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I don't think we can assume that anyone not there isn't there because they didn't get a call. It's a Saturday night at short notice and who knows who might've been unavailable or not interested. Also, it's a scrimmage rather than any sort of official selection.

Reply #436088 | Report this post

big dog  
Years ago

I think we can stop calling this team an ABl allstar team.

if it was a true all star team we would be seeing

Kyle Miller
Chris Clausen
Jake Rios
Adam Doyle
Aaaron Wyatt
Darren Ng
Matt Dougherty
Sam Daley
Pero
Sam McDaniel

lets face its whoever Al Green could throw together at short notice, it seems the clear decision was to not go to deep into the state league talent and to bring in Willie, tucker and Brown to keep the crowd and the score line healthy.

Reply #436095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scratch match organised at the last minute, don't think they had the pick of everyone from ABA due to work commitments, imports gone home etc.

Could call them the ABA (the only ones we could get) stars but don't think that has a very good promotional ring to it.

Reply #436108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know if they are doing any live updates anywhere on twitter/facebook?

Reply #436109 | Report this post

Hoop God  
Years ago

Hey Big Dog, get your facts right before saying who should be playing. Doyle probably on Sixers bench ( development player) Daley in USA, Pero unavailable, Dougherty left for USA, Clausen niggling injury I believe.

How do we know if all the other players you mentioned are available? Of course they want to keep the scoreline healthy and competitive, that's a no brainer. Whether it happens is another matter though!

Reply #436110 | Report this post

Big dog  
Years ago

I know exactly why each of them is unavailable, I'm saying please stop calling it an all star team is all

Because it certainly is not that, it stopped being an abl representative team once we started looking at willie and tucker

Reply #436113 | Report this post

Haydo  
Years ago

I will be doing the stats at the game, and if I can get the internet up and running will post a link to livestats on here.

Reply #436117 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All-Stars is often a term used for a ragtag bunch in a situation like this. Not a big deal.

Reply #436123 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Any chance of this game being live streamed. Probably not due to game being organised late in the piece

Reply #436125 | Report this post

haydo  
Years ago

15 mins till tip off, you can watch the play by play here.

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/25406/06/88/59/88mZ2ApBbWJTY/

Reply #436126 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks haydo.

Reply #436127 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:23 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754