Mark
Years ago

NBL Tip-Off Times

Anyone know when tip-off times will be released? I assume they may be still sorting out the TV deal with Ten given they haven't released them? Boti seems confident the deal will be the same as last season (delayed Friday game at 9:30pm on One and live game on Ten on Sunday afternoon). But given the delay it does feel eerily similar to 11/12 when they released the tip off times a week out from the season, for fans to discover games were all televised at 10:30pm or later.

NBL.tv is great, but TV is more important

Topic #32593 | Report this topic

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Given how many thursday/friday night games the Wildcats have, I really hope they can get the tipoff time pushed a bit further back than 6:30pm, or we'll have some very late-filling games.

Reply #435576 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

Yes, a 7/7:30pm tip off is better in allowing everyone to get there in time. But will depend on how many of those Friday Wildcats games are TV games on One. Due to daylight saving in the East these need to tip off at 6:30pm Perth time (i.e. air at 9:30pm in the East). Good exposure for the Wildcats and good for people getting to see an extra game live on TV, but not as good for Wildcats fans who don't work in the city.

Reply #435614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the big deal. NBL tipoff times haven't changed in decades. Fri/Sat is always night time 7-8pm. Sun is afternoon or early evening. There is never any variation. BORING!

Even though Aus is a warm climate in summer we have these boring Anglo style times. Wouldn't mind Spanish/Mediterranean times for some variation where they play anywhere from lunch time to midnight. Our climate is similar yet we are ingrained with Britain.

Reply #435628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can Tony Abbott force WA to get on board with daylight savings? That would solve the tipoff time issue with Perth Arena. Could push it back to 7:00 or 7:30 and it would still have a reasonable timeslot on TV in the east.

Reply #435637 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Wildcats website includes tipoff times now:

http://www.wildcats.com.au/fixtures

Reply #435638 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Just saw the single-game ticket prices they are offering for Wildcats at the Arena. My eyes watered... Captain's Club seating $115 for adults.

Throw in $30 for food and a beer, and you're at just about the price West Coast Fever were selling Corporate Box seats (with pre-game function, and complimentary booze and lunch) for.

Eep.

Of course, at the very low end, Nickel Seats going for $15/pop, although I don't think that section is very large unless they plan to open up tier 4 for regular season games.

Reply #435655 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Its not really complimentary booze and lunch when its factored in to the price.

But having said that, $30 for food and beer? Lightweight!! ;-)

Reply #435665 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Adult Single-game tickets
$110 Captains Club/Platinum (1st 1/2 lower bowl)
$90 Gold (2nd 1/2 lower bowl)

$60 Silver (1st 1/2 upper bowl, Baselines)
$40 Bronze (2nd 1/2 upper bowl side/prime areas)
$20 Nicket (2nd 1/2 upper bowl nastier areas, 4th tier)

===

Having a hard time seeing how we maintain 10k crowds unless Ennis and Beal get reeaaally exciting.

Reply #435800 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

$60 for Silver!? Good luck Wildcats. Unless you have 8,000 plus members like last season, I also cant see crowds in the 10k + range...

Reply #435811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen on a few third party sites now they list all the tipoff times for the season but there is no official article about it on nbl.com.au?

Reply #435996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$60 for silver? Really? I fear once the novelty of the new arena wears off the crowds will drastically plunge in a few years time.

Reply #435997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Can Tony Abbott force WA to get on board with daylight savings? That would solve the tipoff time issue with Perth Arena. Could push it back to 7:00 or 7:30 and it would still have a reasonable timeslot on TV in the east."

The bumpkins over in WA voted against it in a referendum.

Reply #436630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tipoff times were uploaded to nbl.com.au without any fanfare either yesterday or today. Although some of the times are incorrect. Useless HQ.

Reply #436965 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754