Disappointed
Years ago

Perry to Bulleen; Big Loss For Dandenong

New Director of Coaching for the Junior Championship Program at Bulleen

Bulleen Boomers are excited to announce the appointment of Darren Perry as Director of Coaching for the Junior Championship Program.

Great Coach, great mentor, great person. Will be hard to replace and will be missed.

Topic #32610 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not coaching Dandenong SEABL men after Sunday?

Reply #435730 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

massive loss to the SEABL program if he leaves.

Lowery might be stepping up the SEABL coaching role?

Reply #435742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW Huge loss for the Rangers. a quality coach and a quality person.

Reply #435745 | Report this post

red87  
Years ago

Lowery at Rangers.....since when?

Perry will be a massive loss especially with the other people who have left recently.

Reply #435763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats to say he cant coach seabl men at Dandy and be Junior Doc at Bulleen?

Al McNaultry does it... Seabl Coach for Franga and DoC at Diamond Valley??? thoughts

Reply #435765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ Too many conflicts of interest in Basketball, you're either completely at one club or not. Clubs that allow coaches to work at 2 different associations are just tarnishing their DNA.

Reply #435774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fair call I don't disagree.

Reply #435775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't see how anyone could possibly be the head Snr coach of one club and junior director of coaching for another? Especially when they compete against each other at Junior level.
How would the snr coach forfill their obligations to developing emerging juniors into the snr team at one club then at another?

How do associations let this happen?

Reply #435779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if an nbl coach say of the tigers coach at another melbourne club for juniors would that be wrong?

SEABL kind of throws open a can of worms as it is a semi-national competition and the second tier basketball league in Aus, so clubs want the best available coaches.. however some of these coaches are also involved with other clubs in a different role.

It is strange to me and I wouldn't want it to happen at my club, but I can see how it does.

Reply #435784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

btw I am by no means suggesting this is what Perry should do or is doing, just a general discussion.

Reply #435785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any quality SEABL program would want their Men's or Women's head coach heavily involved with their juniors either formally or informally as a mentor or adviser.
They need to be visible at junior trainings to help foster pathways, how else will SEABL programs survive without their juniors? How do you assess upcoming talent without a strong relationship with your juniors?

That being the case it would be a clear conflict of interest for that coach to be DOC elsewhere while trying to foster pathways at their SEABL program.

Reply #435786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good points.

but its happening...

Reply #435787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes and it's happened elsewhere plenty of times too, but doesn't make it smart, ethical or logical.

It just makes our sport look unprofessional and incestuous.

Reply #435788 | Report this post

red87  
Years ago

All the above is true BUT there are a number of senior coaches who don't get involved in the junior programs.

Sometimes there simply just isn't time to do it!!

Also, there are a lot of Junior coaches who want to keep their teams all to themselves so they can focus on the Ws rather than building the program and, sometime, the individual.

Might seem a harsh statement but it is happening in a lot of places.

Reply #435806 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Red87.

Are you having a go at Ross Clark?

Reply #435813 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ross Clark is no longer at Diamond Valley by the way.

Reply #435829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you sure about that?

Maybe Ross is coaching u16-2 girls next season at DV?

Reply #435837 | Report this post

red87  
Years ago

Not having a go at Ross or anyone in particular.

Just saying that too many Senior coaches aren't really interested in juniors and a lot of Junior coaches aren't overly interested in seniors.

Reality is that a lot of, either, junior or senior coaches have the time or inclination to spend a lot of time with the others.

Been coaching for over 30 years and have seen very few Senior coaches who can commit to being heavily involve with juniors - some goes the other way.

Reply #435852 | Report this post

do you believe it  
Years ago

16/2 girls are you serious? Is this because girls struggle to play man. Best zone coach in the world.

Reply #435853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If DP's moved it for his professional development.
All the best.

Reply #435860 | Report this post

Titan15  
Years ago

Well here we go again, not sure how I have been attached to this topic but happy to explain a few things (AGAIN)

red87: Not sure if or why you are having go at me or not. I have coached at Diamond Valley for 23 years in that time I have coached in excess of 1000 games so to say I focus on W's and not player development is an absolute joke. In that time I have coached first, second, third and fourth teams.

Anon#435829 wrong wrong wrong, yes I will be coaching at Diamond Valley in 2014, coaching our 16-2 girls team.

Anonymous#435837: Finally omething said about me that is correct, please see above, you are correct

do you believe it: First post from you and we have to put up with that mindless dribble. I am sure my team next year will be playing man to man. Obviously you have a beef with me, well like I have said on previous posts, man up and come and talk to me, don't be a keyboard warrior. Like I will state again, I am happy to discuss my coaching record and credantials with anyone, anytime. So again "do you believe it" come and speak to me tonight, my DV team is playing 8;20pm at MSAC crt 3 vs Melbourne Tigers in Under 16 VC Final 4 semi final. I will also let you into a little secret, we will be pressing back to a zone.As for the compliment about best zone coach in the world, gee thanks. I would suggest going and reading about Syracuse zone or UNLV amoeba zone, you might actually learn something about the game.

So again, if anyone wants to chat to me, please do so. It's getting tiring defending myself but I am not going to sit by and let gutless keyboard muppets like "do you believe it" take free pot shots at me.

So again, apology for the long message.

And finally, to DP, whereever he coaches, he will be a huge asset to any program. I hope if he does leave Dandenong, he goes out with a SEABL title next to his name on Saturday night.

Ross Clark DV Under 16 boys coach and Under 16-2 girls coach in 2014

Reply #435881 | Report this post

do you b  
Years ago

Reply #435892 | Report this post

do you b  
Years ago

Nice post but fell asleep half way through it. Boring stuff. A zone is a zone is a zone! You are just after W's and this group you have will pay the penalty in the long term become of your ego. Pity the coach who gets them next year. Man D - the kids will think he's an idiot.

And by the way, who are you trying to convince your a good coach? Self promoting ? No ego? I'm a winner look at me!!

Reply #435893 | Report this post

Titan15  
Years ago

do you b, so you have to have 2 attempts to have a go at me, showing your intelligence there.

I am happy for you to come to any of my training session to see what we practice and how I go about developing my teams. This group of players in Under 14's finished 12th, not even making top 10.

So in the 8 months I have coached this group, we have gone final 4 at Eltham, won the Classic and Final 4 in VC, I would say that is massive improvement.

Mate, I don't have to convince anyone I am a good coach, I will let my record talk for itself and that's for other people to judge.

So give the players the respect they deserve, as for whoever coaches them next year, I have no doubt they will be able to play man to man as we practice this at training (again feel free to come along) you might learn something.

So go and crawl under whatever rock you have come from, you have made 2 comments, both at me so a couple of things must have happened here, 1) I must have beaten you whilst coaching agaisnt you and you couldn't come up with a zone offence to beat me 2) I have cut you along the way 3) you are a disgruntled parent who has nothing better to do then whinge and bitch behind an anonymous user name.

So either put your name to your post (you won't because you are weak) or go and climb under whatever rock you came out from.

Ross Clark

Reply #435896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well said ross in both posts.

don't know how this is all relevant to DP going to bully though.

Would be great if the trolls stayed out of reasonable conversation and not critcise coaches very good creditionals. zone or no zone get over it.

Reply #435900 | Report this post

Titan15  
Years ago

Anon,

I totally agree, have no idea how my name came to be in this topic.

Like I said, wherever DP ends up, he will be ahuge asset to that club. I am sure going back to Bulleen will be a bit like a home coming for him.

I watched Dandy vs Bendigo final last week up at Bendigo, DP has the Dandy boys playing very well. It will be a great SEABL final agaisnt MT Gambier, best of luck to both teams.

Ross

Reply #435901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think DP cracked the shits as his DoC role was being rolled into the new Ops Mrg role and he was told this a while ago. Will be interesting to see if his son follows him as well.

Reply #435908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any word on the new DoC/ Ops Mgr for Dandy?

Reply #435915 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

Really sad to see DP leave the Rangers. I've been there 10 years and he's easily the best DoC we've had their in my time. I'm really concerned about the direction of the club at the moment, especially the influence some people have had over the junior coaching appointments for next season.

Reply #435921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear Mesecke is keen to get out of Sturt and applied.

Reply #435932 | Report this post

red87  
Years ago

Ross, please understand that my comment had absolutely nothing to do with you. Was referring to other people I've seen over the duration. In fact, I know that you've done a great job with your kids this year. Anonymous, on the other hand, seems to have big issues with you! - seems like you may have kick his cat or something similar.

Anonymous - not sure DP cracked the shits maybe Dandy cracked the shits because he was wanted somewhere else. Always two sides to every story!

As it's been announced that DP will be the DOC at Bulleen, there's no guessing what he will be doing. All the best to Bulleen.

Like PaulyB said, no DOC at Dandy yet for 2014, no Ops Mgr and the direction of the whole place is a concern as certain groups seem to be controlling what happens to the benefit of thier kids.

Reply #435941 | Report this post

Dandy Lion  
Years ago

Massive loss for Dandy Junior Program. DP has had amazing results and will be sorely missed. Dandy hierarchy restructured the role which effectively removed DP from the junior DoC. Not very smart. Why would DP not listen to other Clubs keen to take advantage of his capability? The Boomers will reap the benefits of a dumb move by Dandy CEO and Committee.

Reply #435958 | Report this post

blue boy  
Years ago

Ross,

You keep saying that your coaching record speaks for itself. Then why do you have to keep listing it on hoops?

I think your critics for whatever reason it doesn't really matter have some valid points about who you are and what you stand for.

Abusing anonymous posters only strengthens your critics case.

I hope your zone holds up tonight otherwise you will look the fool that these people think you are.

Reply #435971 | Report this post

red87  
Years ago

Dandy Lion, great comment and so true.

Blue boy, Don't agree with you at all!!! This is a forum where people express their views and should expect replies if they make dumb or wild accusations. Good on Ross for putting his name and thoughts in. Seems that the others don't have the backbone to put their names on their posts.

Reply #435998 | Report this post

Titan15  
Years ago

blue boy, I happy to stand by my coaching record, if people are going to get personal and critize me, I will defend myself, especially if like you they have no back bone and won't put there names to there posts.

As for looking like fool if my zone doesn't stand up tonight, really. I think you are under estimating we are playing the #1 ranked team in Melb Tigers on there home court. I they are excellently coached by Glenn Bines and MAtt Webster and I am sure they will come with a plan to try and beat us, just like we have for them

So if we lose (I hope we don't) I weill be very proud of my players and my efforts in 2013.

Not sure where I have abused spineless weak individuals who hide behind anonymous user names, if that includes you, well that is your issue not mine.

To red87, thanks for the support, it is appreciated, even if I an unsure of who you are.

Ross

Reply #436002 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hopefully this get everyone back on Topic.

DP to Bulleen - Dont know if you would call it a massive gain - just a great replacement for Maher & Timms. Big loss for Dandenong.

Definately dont think Dandenong would allow him to maintain his SEABL job while moving to another club. Most of the Big associations (Knox,Dandy, Nunawading, Bulleen, Kilsyth) are all about keeping it all within - probably Nunawading except this year (YLW) heach coach - coached Juniors for Dandenong???

Dandenong have a proud and rich history for finding the right people - they will move quickly - circle the wagons and keep moving forward.

Reply #436008 | Report this post

red87  
Years ago

Anon - good summary! Just not sure about the last point in the short term as there are too many personal agendas being pushed. Something DP was working against all the time and tries to correct.

All the best to him at Bulleen.

Reply #436018 | Report this post

Dandy Lion  
Years ago

Anon, didn't say massive gain for Bulleen but massive loss for Dandy. Agree with your comments it is a good replacement for Maher.

Can't understand the obsession with conflict of interest. Suspect this is a convenient excuse for Dandy Committee and CEO to make a change. But why change a coach that has been so successful in SEABL as well as the junior program? Doesnt make sense. It is either stupidity or personal. Tipping a bit of both. Dandy has been a great club up until recent perplexing decisions. Perhaps it is time for a change at the top.

Reply #436031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Damon Lowry being seriously looked at? What credentials does he have to replace DP?

Reply #436045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Current Knox coach off to Franger as boys DOC....so they say

Reply #436055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Current Knox what level coach?

Reply #436064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

youth team

Reply #436067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox youth coach to Frankston as junior boys DOC - gee Frankston just keep finding away to stuff things up! Must be a mate of the HBO.

Reply #436069 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Who is HBO?

Reply #436071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simon Mitchell?

Reply #436072 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Howd your zone go ross? And please spare me the diatribe of how good a coach you are.

Reply #436148 | Report this post

Titan15  
Years ago

Mate, our zone went really well, lost by 5 to the #1 rankled team in the competition. I love your fascination with me, so many more comments to add but basically you are not worth it.

Reply #436158 | Report this post

Titan15  
Years ago

Sorry ranked team not rankled

Reply #436160 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Nice response. Actually watched the game. I concede your boys were good but you need to mix up man and zone. Imo this cost you the game. But you know better and are better than all of us.

Reply #436165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to steer this thread back on track - Perry leaving the Rangers is no surprise at all. Check out the WNBL players from last year that left.............. that's the first smell, then look at all the actual staff members Flynn (marketing) Gooding (basketball operations Mgr)and now PERRY! it's a common thread.
The new CEO is a loser and the board of management a joke. The first thing the Rangers need to do is get rid of the President. Lou Godfrey has no idea about basketball and no idea how to manage a business like this.
Agree to many parents have to much to say at the Rangers. Perry has been in it for the $$$ and looking after his kids. The move to Bulleen is a $$$$ decision and helped by the loser CEO who everyone hates! Perry has been a Bulleen before but left to chase the $$$$.
The only winner out of all this is Mark Wright cause he does whatever he wants. Much like the CEO anyone who comes into contact with Wright leaves very quickly.... he's a rude and arrogant prick and lies through his teeth, Ask Cheryl Chambers and the host of players who have departed in the last few years!!
Agree Perry is a loss, just like Gooding and Flynn. The real loss is the direction and management of the entire Association. I really hope Damon Lowery gets a job there, he will contribute as much as Adonis Jordan did and leave when the next $$$$$ is offered.

Reply #436195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol spot on anonymous!

Reply #436216 | Report this post

Disappointed  
Years ago

Whats wrong with a coach going where he is monetarily appreciated. Isn't that what player's do, or anyone else in any job? Its not like he's taken money and hasn't produced. He's done a great job with the rangers program worth every penny. But in this case he was made redundant otherwise he would still be there. So no money chasing this time for DP just bad restructuring by the CEO. Who I agree is driving that truck into a ditch.

Reply #436220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair points Disappointed, DP has produced and is a good person. I think people should ask questions of the CEO and Board of Management. There has been no loyalty shown at all....DP didn't resign he copped the brunt of the restructure with the CEO trying to save $$$ again!
The CEO has tried hard to rip the everyone. First attempt to charge people at the door and now shafting the basketball department - no wonder Flynn and Gooding left. Maybe DP is the winner out of all this.
Such as shame when a club operates like this. From the players perspective they had great young players(if not the best) Cummings,Blicavs,Mijovic,Fadljevic who all left Couldn't and wouldn't play for Mark Wright and then the CEO told Cummings to play SEABL somewhere else after all she did for that club as a loyal junior!! How can Parents support that behaviour and the board endorse! The Rangers biggest loss has been the very sad passing of Charles Ryan, ever since the club has been in reverse. If it wasn't for some parents recruiting in the junior ranks it would be a lot more obvious there too. I agree a bit harsh on DP but he still chases $$$ for basketball duties if he didn't he should sit back enjoy watching his kids and coach SEABL!!! Hopefully someone steps in and saves the Rangers from the president and CEO completely stuffing everything up. The brand and culture is a mess and they are losing very good staff members, WNBL Players and great people all to often!

Reply #436225 | Report this post

hogwash61  
Years ago

Perry is a HUGE loss for Dandenong, not really sure what is behind it. In my dealings with him he has been a breath of fresh air in the basketball fraternity. Makes it fun for the kids.

However, like all clubs, there are parents with their own agendas that are on committees and/or coaching their own kids and Dandenong is no different. This is one of the things that basketball just can't seem to get right. The VJBL should have a rule against parents coaching their child's team.

If a parent really wants to coach, then coach another team, not your child's team. If your child is good enough, they'll make it on there own. Stop being the helicopter parent!

There are a couple of large ladies out there involved in the junior program that have made it difficult for Perry to make calls on merit. Essentially, forcing him to select their kids over others, whose parents are not as well connected. Shame on them.

Dandenong need a strong committee and need a strong junior committee, that can stop the influence of these parents. Stand up to them, say no. Have some moral fortitude.

Reply #436227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hogwash 61 - couldn't agree more and I hope the larger than life ladies get booted. At least the canteen gets a workout whilst those indulge on gluten and push the burrows of there children from the Helicopter.
Be assured the next wave are coming through too. The parents with some pull are cunning and recruit to get good kids to play with there own!! The VJBL wont do anything either as the President of the VJBL is on the Board at the Rangers, It's sick.

Reply #436234 | Report this post

Dandy Lion  
Years ago

Watched a great Dandy SEABL win yesterday . Great job boys and coach. The win was even sweeter as no one expected the boys to go all the way, in particular the Dandy hierarchy. Awkward. Now how are they going to justify their agenda to axe DP?

Read Anonymous post with interest. Agree Perry doesn't compromise for self interested people, perhaps that is the problem. Still can't understand why you would mess with success. How many Rangers junior teams are still in VC finals? Possibly more than any other club. While there are many that can take credit for such a strong performance such as coaches and players, it doesn't happen by fluke.

Am wondering whether saving a few thousand is worth derailing an entire Club. I don't think so.

Reply #436265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Dandenong have to save money ? Maybe the CEO is doing the job he has been asked to do ?

Reply #436266 | Report this post

Dandy Lion  
Years ago

Anonymous, I don't doubt that what you suggest is very likely true. That would explain the ham fisted attempt to charge parents to attend training at the start if the year that was quickly aborted.

Anyone can save money in the short term. Those who are ultimately successful find ways to do so that doesn't detrimentally impact the overall success of the business. My suggestion is that for a relatively small saving, the restructure to remove Perry from the DoC may have a greater financial and operational impact than was anticipated. People came to our club because he was there and they liked the program he and Gooding were running in the juniors. Will we see coaches and players leave? Possibly

Reply #436276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dandy Lion - If you look at the past 12 months since the new CEO came on, the place is a rabble. The reason why the SEABL team did so well was beacuse the CEO and club president had little to no involvement. Gooding was left alone to build the team and Perry had the freedom to coach.
They finally got the imports right and moved the club president who'd tried to control the mens program for years.
Godfrey (President) has been the hand brake pushing his sons opportuntiy with Warren Dawson and then forcing the club to appoint him as an assistant after his overdue retirement. Gooding&Flynn have both left due to the clubs management and the president complimeting the exit. David Graeme is way over his head in the role, he might have been an ok player in the day but his people skills and arrogance will be found out in due course. His ham fisted attempt to charge parents, his ability to lose Cummings/Blicavs/Mijovic/Fadljvic all in the one season followed by Gooding and Flynn and now Perry is a JOKE!!!

Reply #436291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DP has a contract for next year to coach SEABL He opted to take Bullen DOC for more money which is fair enough. Charles Ryan is a huge loss to DBA but his influence is still there. DBA has a commitment to its juniors and has always insisted on a Substantial number in its elite senior teams.

Parents had no decision making role in coaching appointments. Perry and Gooding made these appointments. The Board usually rubber stamps the appoinments.

As for staff leaving it Is a pretty normal part of change at the top. SEABL finals were well presented by DBA staff so the replacements seemed to be doing ok. As for the restructure, it was in the strategic plan to do this and include a full time DOC.

The new CEO has done quite well so far and has been thrown in at a difficult time with DBA taking over as stadium managers.

Reply #436835 | Report this post

red87  
Years ago

Anonymous, Not sure where you are coming from or if you just believe the rhetoric. Some, only a few, did have influence on coaching appointments. You only need to be around to know that - thinking otherwise is being naive.

In terms of the board just "rubber stamping" that's far from the truth! Last year, the Board had a huge issue over some proposed appointments and this resulted in some reshuffling and some weird decisions on who coached what - hell, one first team role was decided during tryouts based on whether a coaches child end up - he got the first team and it turned out to be a mistake!

Is the new CEO doing a good job, too early to tell really! Totally agree, he has a tough job especially with improving / expanding things to meet his stakeholders requirements.

Although he does think that the appointment of the new OPs Mgr/DOC is a secret - yet it was correctly named on this bulletin board a while back. He may need to get out of his office a bit more and understand how information easily flows around the stadium especially when it impacts people.

DP will be a huge loss and it will be interesting to see how Damon goes given he will be starting at the busiest time of the year for the juniors.

Will be interesting to see how things fall out - hopefully for the kids sake it all goes well!

Reply #436842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DP and Gooding make the appointments if what you say happened then it was a decision they made. As for rubber stamping, I said usually meaning mostly not always.
As I am led to believe Gooding allows the junior committee to give their comments before the list is finalised.

If Lowery is he new appointment then he will need a lot of support at a time when try outs begin. I would hope he gets it

Reply #436846 | Report this post

black arrow  
Years ago

Shame Dp has left,he is a a good bloke,and will be missed.Anonymous it is not hard to see who this is,you are a bitter loser that the club got rid of years ago.If you think you know Dp you don't.He is a man who makes up his mind and is not told or influenced by any one,that was a strength of his.You are infact insulting him as a man!Glad they got rid of you!You cheap stabs at people are laughed at,can see you never put your hand up for the club.100s of hrs go into any committee persons time,if you have got such a big mouth put your hand up!Not at that club though!

Reply #436990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey anonymous i just got told you are a fat short bloke,little ironic.also who do you know at the dba,be a man and say who feeds you some of this information,it looks bad for those you have mentioned that they may have told you.!

Reply #437004 | Report this post

Dandy Lion  
Years ago

Anonymous: glad to hear DP has a contract for next year. Would have been ridiculous if he did not have one. You noted that DP went to Bulleen for more money. That implies he chose Bulleen DoC over Dandy DoC for money which we all know is not correct. He no longer had Dandy DoC role. Stop trying to misrepresent the facts. You chose to release him. And plenty of people are unhappy about it.

Reply #437058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous,
You should get down to the place and have a look for yourself, the place is humming! Big crowds to most if not all games, SEABL Champs, all the gun players resigned for next year, another WNBL team with the capabilities to go all the way and junior teams off to nationals in the near future!
If you think Dandenong is struggling mate, your kidding yourself

Reply #437061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did not say that he went from DOC Dandenong to Bullen DOC for more money. I said he went to Bulleen DOC for more money. DBA offered him a new role and he decided not to take it.

Who is this short fat bloke referred to above?

Reply #437102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a parent from another club and someone who knows a lot of people from the Rangers, I find this thread amusing!!! Perry has done a fantastic job and is well respected. As for the comments and finger pointing everyone knows who causes issues at the rangers! Hogwash61 nailed the issue Sept 13. I know for a fact the larger than life ladies who scamper behind peoples backs and pretend they are of importance ruin things for everyone. Ask Adonis Jordan he lasted 1 year.seems to be a few anonymous posters trying to show the truth. Black Arrow no doubt you are a supporter but Dandy Lion makes sense, no doubt people aren't happy with losing Perry and for those thinking the management have done a good job.that's a joke. The club has lost all it's junior talent in the WNBL plus Gooding & Flynn from the basketball operation role. Cheryl Chambers too knows the landscape of the Dandenong Rangers, ask her how the club is run and managed. As for people leaving, I've seen a few great people leave the Rangers. Lester Strong , Warren Dawson, A cast of WNBL talent over the past 3 years, Liz Cambage, Andrew Bogut. Who's next? It's a circus. As for pointing fingers and making lavish statements lets stick to facts. Perry is a huge loss. He didn't want to go and was forced by the CEO as an attempt to save money. Gooding and Flynn jumped ship and word is they weren't happy with the changes in particular with the CEO. WNBL players left last season just like the season before is that a coincidence or fact the place is a circus. For those pointing fingers, framing people, defending the truth. Keep living your life through your kids. My kids have all finished playing juniors now, it's when they get to seniors you find the truth of really what's happening at each club. Good luck to Darren Perry and good luck to the Rangers.

Reply #437167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally a decent post, I do shift work and have read all of the above. What a disgrace to the young kids and players who might read this crap. Who cares who says what, Vindictive parents who hide behind alias should be framed and disgraced.
Posting things about people being overweight is not only dangerous it's not called for. Clearly the well being of kids in the game has been forgotten and personal agenda's to focus of what I believe is a waste of time. Darren Perry is gone, did he want to go? Ask him the question. Why Bulleen? Maybe ask the same of the others who left? Stop guessing everybody. All in all people move on, Dandenong have lost a lot of people recently lets get an understanding of why, surely people can share why Gooding departed or Paul Flynn or maybe even the players Steph Cumming, Sarah Blicavs. Maybe ever Cheryl Chambers shes at Knox no doubt she's told someone.
Off to work to think of more important things in life.

Reply #437168 | Report this post

intheknow  
Years ago

Why Gooding left - things were not the best but he was fine with it. Alongside the restructuring of the position came a better opportunity working with BA and he decided to take it.

Flynn - work environment was not ideal. Decided to move on.

DP - contrary to belief did not find out about the final decision to restructure and be moved to an advisory roll until people started congratulating him and he didn't know why. An email was sent out to coaches about it and the email made it seem like it was a mutual decision and it was a promotion but he had no clue. No contract, no job discription, no pay discussed. The Job for BB Opps/Doc was advertised that next week. Other clubs saw that and started calling DP to ask what the deal was and made him offers. The rest was history. He did not shop himself.

The problem with all this restructuring is that on paper combining rolls and charging parents and siblings to watch training may have seemed like a good cash grab. But if you don't get out among the people to see the impact it would have it might end up costing you more in the long run. He's made decision after decision from his office which he never comes out of. Not realizing this business is about people. And his people skills not just with the general public but with his own staff is not very good.

Reply #437176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like most people on here all agree, the CEO has a few issues of his own and isn't well liked among staff, players and the general public.
People have got to stop taking things personal and work things out for themselves.
You should never lose good people and the Rangers have. The reasons are obvious. Like the WNBL coach no one wants to play for him and no one wants to work for the CEO. How long will this go on for? Seems the WNBL restructure every year is this what going to happen with the staff as well?

Reply #437182 | Report this post

red87  
Years ago

Intheknow - great post. Very factual!

Looking at last night's VC finals, in the year the DP was removed Dandenong won 3 VC titles and had a runner-up at VC and VC reserves. Not sure the last time that happened at Dandenong?

Interestingly, DP had no involvement in the selection of coaches for 2014 and there are some obvious issues that exist with it along with the number of coaches not returning.

Who in their right mind, appoints a 17 year old male first time coach to coach an U16 girls team? That's just asking for problems especially after another 22 yr old more experienced coach had knocked the role back because he thought the age gap was too narrow. Was signed off by CEO.

Hell, CEO was at stadium for finals but didn't even touch base with his own clubs coaches. In fact, saw him walk straight past two winning coaches fully decked out in their Rangers gear without a word being said.

I think sums up the "people skils" issues for you.

Reply #437190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gooding and DP appointed the coaches. That was just before Gooding left. Ask him why a 17 year old.

Reply #437246 | Report this post

red87  
Years ago

Anonymous, You are very wrong. DP had nothing to do with appointing this latest lot of coaches. He was "moved aside" before this occurred.

Gooding and the CEO did the work on this lot of coaches.

Reply #437253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You will laugh 17 yo married 30 and has a child!!!!!

Reply #437256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very confusing - are you saying the Rangers have appointed a 17yold male to coach an under 16 girls rep team for next season?
This cant be true.

As for the CEO signing off roles, he should sign his own role off, resign and do everyone a favour. The guy is a rude, selfish and an arrogant pig. Just like he was when he played many years ago. Amazing not one person can speak positively about him.
I've seen him Strut around like he owns the entire complex. He should be reminded he's a washed up ex player who hasn't done anything to contribute but take the club backwards.
As a leader it's not a great look losing your Marketing Manager, Basketball Opps and DOC within weeks of each other. Players don't speak highly of him, his staff dislike him, the public think he's rude arrogant and hides in his office.
What a great leader, icon and situation for the club to be in.

Reply #437259 | Report this post

billyboy  
Years ago

Yes, I heard they did.

Reply #437263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lll

Reply #437361 | Report this post

Disappointed  
Years ago

Fact! DP will stay and coach SEABL next season

Reply #437470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The CEO advised Perry late last week the board decided him DOC @ Bulleen wasn't a conflict of interest so honoured his contract.
(what else were they going to do) he WON the championship!
Apparently Montreal agreed to terms as well when Perry was confirmed.

CEO and Perry have history, the minute he gets a chance to get rid of Perry he will. Failed attempt this time but will win next time.

I agree with the other posts, the CEO is useless with limited to no people or management skills.

The CEO needs to go and so does the current president, if it wasn't for the club buying players they would be in BIG TROUBLE and the truth EXPOSED.

Someone posted above and I agree
Two new WNBL imports add Ardossi,Kunek,Moult to the list cause Cummings/Blicavs/Cunningham/Mijovic/Fadjlvic all wouldn't play for Mark Wright.
It's been confirmed Cheryl Chambers walked out on Wright. It's a revolving door.

Perry runs a good SEABL ship and players want to play for him. Perry has done the association a huge favour and distracts the complete mess the WNBL program is in and hides the mess of the CEO and President.

Clean them all out - WNBL Coach/CEO and President of the association or at least have them tell people the truth why staff and players are continuing to leave.

Perry is a HUGE loss for the RANGERS.

Reply #437534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed.

Reply #437536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most of this rant is just rubbish. The little fat guy just can't help himself?

Reply #437561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are people talking about Darren Perry posting on here? Reading the posts with interest there is a consistent theme, the Rangers are an organisation that clearly has management and cultural issues.
My child actually plays at the Rangers. We hear some very interesting things circulating at the stadium during training and at games. I agree it's definitely not a coincidence players, coaches and staff have left. We attended the WNBL match on Friday and over heard people in the stands talking about this.
Speculating why and who's driving the issues it's obvious. People close to Perry have told us he didn't want to leave as DOC. The role was taken from him, and was done by the GM. Our current rangers coach also confirmed this.
If people want to finger point, speculate and defend decisions then do so with facts just like #437534 #437190 #437176 have. One Thing I can say with confidence most people I know have no confidence in the clubs ability to make decisions and manage process. You can't hide behind the turnover of players and staff, but you can hide and deny the reasons why they leave. People at the club know why and the posts on here are spot on. Good on people for speaking up.

Reply #437591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very little on here are facts. Most of this is just gossip. DP did a great job as SEABL coach. Just because someone else confirms something does not make it fact. Were there rumblings in the junior program?

Reply #437619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous #437619 what a very silly statement. Are you pretending the Rangers WNBL team this season is the same? Are you pretending Perry wanted to be the DOC at Bulleen when his kids play for Rangers and he will rarely get to see them play.
If you think this is Gossip your either naive or involved.
If you're going to post this sort of crap go to the toilet and post your business there. Whilst you sit have a good hard think about yourself.
What a joke.

Reply #437629 | Report this post

diff dp  
Years ago

Fact DP did a good job at Dandenong.
Fact DP will be DoC at Bulleen.
Fact DP moving to Bulleen us good for Bulleen.
Also good for Bulleen is Guy Molloy and Cheryl Chambers at WNBL

Reply #437654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First two are facts. Last two opinions.

Reply #437663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did not say that there were no facts. I said most is just gossip.

Reply #437664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear anonymous 663 you are absolutely correct in your statement about opinion.
Last night I got to watch the 2 coaches side-by-side. On one side in a fire engine red there was Tom Maher, Tom certainly brings his fiery passion to the game even at one stage stepping onto the court remonstrating at a decision and certainly allowing his intensity (frustration) to be verbalised during timeouts. Not sure if verbalising your frustrations in English to a Chinese team really helps. But then again they certainly came out in the 3rd quarter and applied a lot more physical pressure.

On the other side of the scores bench was a cool calm Guy Molloy. Obviously it's easy to stay cool calm and collected when you're winning. Even in the last quarter when China was coming back and the physicality of the game was starting to tell, Guy Molloy and Cheryl Chambers were absolutely businesslike, focused and effective.

The differences in styles is very obvious when you sit across the court and compare the 2 side-by-side. So in my opinion I would agree that Guy Molloy and Cheryl Chambers are good for Bulleen.

Reply #437938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheryl must have got her cool calm style from Mark Wright at Dandenong (NOT)!

Reply #437966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DP had nothing to do with the coaches for next season???

He and Gooding met with the junior committee. That said to me he had something to do with the list.

Reply #438090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop this thread you dick heads.noone cares.get a life.go donate your time to charity.go to a homeless shelter and put in time.not one of you have the facts right except for Ross Clarke.idiots DP thinks you are wankers!!STOP.we know who you are.

Reply #438097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#097 what's this WE business?? We know who you are?? Who cares? Plenty of people have got share what they think. It's now hilarious watching the people involved defend and pretend. The only "wankers" are the Dandenong association for again stuffing up and losing yet another STAFF MEMBER(FACT) and you.
Darren Perry is gone as the DOC because the CEO wanted to save some $$$. CEO needed to save the $$$ because he spent a fortune on WNBL players cause no one wanted to play for Mark Wright.(FACT).
No loyalty shown to DP for the great Job he's done, the CEO even tried to get rid of him as the SEABL coach too, Perry has open about this and even telling people he didn't want to leave as DOC either but was sacked.
Shame on the "RANGERS" and Shame on you for using bad language and poor English to justify yourself without making any sense. Another example of the sort of peanuts that are involved and contribute to driving the association south.
Even funnier your attempt to speak up on behalf of Perry. Don't bother, Perry has been open an honest the whole way through. I know Parents who have kids that play with Darren's kids and they have confirmed directly with Perry the CEO sacked him, also progressed his continuation as SEABL coach a conflict of interest.(FACT)
Keep up the good work and horse radish posts.

Reply #438106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Facts are lacking. Basically just a hate email

Reply #438109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another post from the Peanut gallery. "hate mail"?? That's right Flynn and Gooding never left, they both love working with the CEO. The WNBL players all resigned for next season, they all love playing for Mark Wright. Perry is still the DOC and the CEO didn't try and get rid of him in an attempt to save some $$$. The CEO never accused Perry of having a conflict of interest being the DOC at Bulleen trying to get rid of him.

None of this ever happened; it's a well oiled machine at the Rangers. It's a shame the oil int he machine is made up from the diarrhea from people like you.

Wake up you imbecile and do everyone a favour, save your crap for the lavatory.

Reply #438121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lacking in depth of knowledge in a couple of these. Perry rejected an offer to stay

Reply #438157 | Report this post

Red87  
Years ago

He rejected an offer? What's your source?

Fairly sure that's incorrect money? or was that after they realised they'd stuff up shafting him and the job they'd combined wasn't doable by one person?

Too many people have left for it to be opinion!

Bet they've put the WNBL prices up this year so they can make more

Reply #438172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Done Red87 good to see some people aren't blinded by the bull%^IT.
Perry rejected an offer. phhhht what a joke! Read the threads. Perry has been open and honest saying he was stripped of the DOC job. He's told coaches and any parents who have asked him directly.

Next thing we'll be told Flynn, Gooding and the mass player exits all rejected offers to stay too.

#157 you are funny! Give yourself and the CEO a good pat on the back for a job completely and utterly stuffed up.

Reply #438180 | Report this post

Old Coach  
Two years ago

Great coach of elite players but not a DOC's backside. Tries to help volunteer coaches by giving them position descriptions and being unavailable to give any direct help.

Reply #889493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754