Tex
Years ago

Frankston to play Big V SCM and SCW in 2014

Any truth to this? The board has been split and Nathan Jolly dead against it.

Topic #32616 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No chance.

Reply #435840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about a proper title for the topic. Frnkston may

Reply #435841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their Men's Youth Championship team will likely drop a level, but their SEABL men and women won't budge.

Reply #435843 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

More chance of winning Tattslotto....

Reply #435854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No deal

Reply #435856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally some other SEABL club other than Knox for anonymous heros to pick the crap out of and spread unfounded damaging BigV rumours about.

Reply #435858 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

#435858 - you a Hamlet fan? I feel you "doth protest too much"...!

First, Frankston have been copping some flack here for some time so its not case of finally at all - there has been a lot of Frankston sniping going on. I have seen no evidence to say it is warranted but it has been occurring - which at least suggests quite a few disaffected people.

Second, it turns out much of what has been said about Knox has been pretty on the money and not unfounded or damaging necessarily. They appear to have done a reasonable job over the last couple of years of self inflicted harm if what we have seen from their President and in the media is any indication.

It looks to me like Tex has heard a rumour, possibly from a Board Member, and is seeking confirmation. Its not as though he launched on here and claimed Frankston was broke, couldn't afford their venue and were about to call in the liquidators... Tex is guilty of sensationalizing the topic header but not much else.

Reply #435875 | Report this post

Joker  
Years ago

(Mod: Removed at legal request of Frankston Basketball Club.)

Reply #435877 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Frankston won't play Big V....it would hurt the club and they would loose alot of players in the U18's to the other clubs in the area

Reply #435879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tex sounds like he knows a little and is just putting something out there, at no point does Tex bag the club like plenty of other people do to clubs on this forum. I do know that there has been a few people in key psoitions at Frankston differeing in opinion.

Interesting that Jolly is against it seeing when he coached in the Big V he was saying how SEABL clubs didnt realise how good Big V actually was. Very interesting. I wonder why he has changed his tune.

Reply #435883 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Why not? How would Big V Championship look if Knox, Frankston and Albury all went there, those 3 teams along with the top 4 from Champ this year who were SEABL quality and all of a sudden the gap closes and Big V present a much more affordable top tier option, possibly for teams like Dandy and Sandy to come back?

Reply #435904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with the NBL going alone the BA plan to develop the new tier below that seems to be dead. This doesnt sit well for SEABL as they were going to be that new underpinning league for the NBL. I can see SEABL struggling if only from a cost view point, so we might see SCM get a few more inclusions now. With the DL merging with the big V YL it makes it more achievable. If I was the new Big V CEO I would be very agressive in my talks with the Vic Based SEABL clubs right now.

Reply #435909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to become a strong comp like that, with those 3 new clubs, do gain respect the BigV would have to drop all the terrible sides out - IE, the sherbrookes & werribees.
and definitely not let sides like McKinnon come in

(like you said melbourne boy, the top 4)

Reply #435910 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Its great to hypothesize about those three clubs going into BIG V but it wont happen. Big V needs to focus on its existing member clubs and stablizing them.Then go and look at some potential expansion clubs in the growth corridors.Corio Bay was a great example of that.

Reply #435913 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

How would including SEABL clubs in Big V take anything away from stabilizing the existing clubs? All it does is make the top division stronger.

Reply #435920 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Big V needs to focus on its existing clubs to make sure they are all financially viable.The three clubs mentioned have made no formal approach to Big V about transferring across.

Reply #435923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Junior Coaching Director at Frankston moving on after tryouts - exodus continues. Joker is on the money re board and lack of knowledge when it comes to basketball.

Reply #435930 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Nice disinformation attempt HD!

"The three clubs mentioned have made no formal approach to Big V about transferring across."

Does not mean they have not discussed it in depth locally, at Board or executive level. It is pretty clear it has been canvassed at Knox at least.

Reply #435936 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Meaning they have made no formal approach to BIG V to transfer across.Doesnt mean they havent discussed it at a board level.

Reply #435978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne boy.

If you really thing any of the big v champ teams are SEABL level you have just lost all credibility.
Corio Bay won the Big V and are one stud import and a high quality Aussie short of being SEABL level.

Ballarat had only 7 wins and Canberra 8 wins from 28 games in SEABL would both be stronger than Corio Bay. And Lets face it both were barely SEABL level this year...

How do you see Corio Bay going against the seabl top 8, Dandenong, Mt Gambier, Bendigo, Nunawading, Geelong, Hobart, Sandringham, Kilsyth... ?

Even SEABL teams who missed the finals are ahead of Corio Bay. NW Tasmaina, Brisbane, Frankston, Knox and Albury would all account for the Big Vs best.

Reply #436077 | Report this post

Jack  
Years ago

Cost of SEABL entry is going up by 12% across the next 2 years. Clubs do not like the idea of an expensive comp becoming more expensive.

As much as it sounds simple, some current SEABL clubs would be stupid if they did not consider a move to State Champ.

I know Ballarat have discussed it but are afraid of what would happen if they lost the status of being a SEABL program.

Reply #436128 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FYI, a few Frankston-related posts on Hoops have been removed and identifying (IP and timestamp) information passed on to lawyers representing the basketball club. Remember that you are responsible for what you post and must think about what you write before you submit it.

Reply #437743 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:05 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754