Grindog
Years ago

Dominos Pizza at Adelaide Arena

Apparently it was announced today at the 36ers Sponsors lunch that there will be a Dominos Pizza outlet at Adelaide Arena this year and a healthy baguette place too.

Topic #32625 | Report this topic

Years ago

cool

Reply #436074 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Pizza! That's the ticket!

Reply #436076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love pizzas with minimal topping.

Reply #436079 | Report this post

Years ago

beer & pizza yom nom nom

Reply #436080 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There's a new logo as well.

Dean and his troops have worked very hard in the off season. I know one of the objectives was to make the game night experience something special. If there's a fan who is disappointed (with anything other than the on-court performance) the Club would want to know about it.

I hear Skip is cleaning out the track collection and even "Moscow" has fallen the way of the Soviets. Aaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh. Still every dog has their day.

Reply #436089 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Game night music is the biggest turn off for casual fans in terms of tacky choices, volume and relentlessness and every arena is guilty...

League HQ should lay down the law. NBA rules like no music with lyrics during gameplay are a must to prevent the atrocious game night organisers from themselves for the good of our game.

Reply #436090 | Report this post

Years ago

music is a big part for me

Reply #436098 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Mick, this is not the NBA in terms of entertainment but I do wonder if they will ever move on with the 1975 NBA scoring cube up in the Arena. Pity they never looked into the cube the Blaze practically gave away.

Reply #436102 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Jack Toft, a new 36ers logo?

And I actually love having the music personally, I think it helps with the momentum and getting the crowd really into it.

Reply #436140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see how serving American dog food enhances the game night experience.

Reply #436143 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

KET, yes, you heard it first here. Sorry if I have stolen Dean's thunder, but keep an eye out for a new logo.

Reply #436144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Music during games should not include vocals. I can't believe no one seems to understand this in Australia. We copied the idea from the US but forgot about the most crucial aspect. I have had basketball supporters from overseas watch NBL with me and are stunned by it.

36ers new logo - hope it isn't botched up like the new Tigers one.

Reply #436149 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont care if the music has lyrics, if it gets the crowd going it is good, if it just drowns them out it is bad.

Reply #436151 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

And if pizza is American dog food, I hope in my next life I am an American dog!

Reply #436152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pizza is nice (and Italian). Dominos is American filth.

Reply #436153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lyrics drown out the crowd.

Reply #436154 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

@Jack Toft, oh wow! The current logo is pretty new as it is, interesting decision. I'm pretty happy with the current one, in saying that I loved the previous one too. Hope it's around the mark or an improvement and not a Tigers-type failure.

I dont care if the music has lyrics, if it gets the crowd going it is good, if it just drowns them out it is bad.
Agreed.

And if pizza is American dog food, I hope in my next life I am an American dog!
& Agreed!

Reply #436156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pizza and Dominoes shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

Reply #436162 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

I would rather go back to the old logo which was fine and then stay with something for a while. I hate the turn over of the uniforms and colours and logo al the time.

Reply #436168 | Report this post

Grindog  
Years ago

4 logos in 31 years isn't that big a turnover. Last one was when Smyth was still coaching.

Reply #436169 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

A logo should be able to last longer than 10 years....

I'd love to see the 36ers return to the Royal blue at home & gold/yellow away

Reply #436170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Pizza and Dominoes shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence."

Exactly! Dominos is a savoury spongecake

paul time to start eating real pizza mate

Reply #436172 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I eat any pizza, though Dominoes is saved for when Im on a very tight budget.

Reply #436175 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Is there an expectation of publicly available fine dining fast food?

Reply #436179 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

i have always loved ACDC Thunderstruck at start of the game. Wouldn't be the same without the lyrics.
Just because the NBA doesn't allow lyrics doesn't mean they know best. But you can't argue that the choice of music and songs makes a big difference to the game and atmosphere, Like playing "happy songs" when the team played crap under Clarke and were getting pumped.
Dominos selling small pizzas would be a winner.
Great way to get some sort of corporate/sponsorship support and exposure from a multinational company too. Win-Win for both parties.

Reply #436189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dominoes pizza is actually a lot better now than what they used to be

Reply #436193 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

sixtiesrockstar - completely agree.

Reply #436212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dominos pizza is built around a price not quality Paul.
For $6+ bucks it tastes like cardboard with oil.
Budget or no budget it's not an option for me.

Reply #436230 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I don't mind the taste. Just sayin', not everyone is going to hate it

Reply #436261 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anon has spoken KET, budget cardboard it is!

Reply #436270 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

For me the music is a big issue. For the sake of the game, and the 'product', let's keep music for the breaks and before the game and let the game be the show when it's on ... it is only 40 minutes, after all.

The exception [for me] is the occasional 'spike' to pick up on the emotion or reaction of the crowd ... and the music for them needs to be carefully selected.

It definitely helps if the person or people responsible have some feeling for the game and the music. For example, it is insulting - to the players and the crowd - to start playing triumphalist stuff when the home side gets a five-point run in the second quarter. That's fine, if you must, when the home side is 20 points up over a good opponent in the last few minutes, but way out of place early on. But the unrelenting barrage of noise is the big negative for me.

Let's have music complementing the game,not detracting from it and crushing the crowd under a relentless, over-powering barrage of noise [aural abuse?], particularly if we're going to get some basketball this year instead of recent seasons' wrestling/kick-boxing hybrid.

Really looking forward to seeing some ball played within the rules [& spirit] of the game, and maybe even hearing the crowd get involved, if we can keep the music out of the way!

Reply #436325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have never eaten cardboard with oil to know what it tastes like. You must have interesting eating habits at home anon

Reply #436328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think music should be used and to assist a quality MC the MC should commentate the game to some degree with flair and music to benefit the home team, taunt the opposition in taste etc, use music to set up the tone of the next play etc MIX IT UP, try new things but don't just drone the latest R&B/Hiphop/MTV whatever. Using an MC to stimulate the crowd and use the music for filler.

Problem is finding a good MC and letting them loose.

Reply #436329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you have ever eaten Dominos pizza you know exactly what cardboard with oil tastes like.

Reply #436339 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

To all the anon. Maybe someone forgot to tell you that you don't have to eat Dominos. It's your choice. Just as it's my choice to laugh at your superiority.
I do tend to find however that the cardboard mixed with oil texture has been well refined by Dominos over the years. A classic yet unblemished flavour. It does taste better when a mature aged single batch cardboard is used.

Reply #436421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well enjoy your dominos at the adelaide arena. You will love it clearly. Clearly you have no idea what a good pizza tastes like.It's nothing to do with superiority at all. If you like crap food I am sure you enjoy KFC and Maccas. Nandos, Red Rooter, Eagle Boys, Piza Hut, Crust and Pizza Capers.
Enjoy.
"It does taste better when a mature aged clueless single wanker taster is used."

Reply #436439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754