anon
Years ago

Finals results

How did the finals go last night?Interestingly no posts yet.

Topic #32626 | Report this topic

Annon  
Years ago

Forestville Under 14/16 girls and narrowly lost U18 by 1pt

Reply #436094 | Report this post

Years ago

norf would have won u18g d1 girls from 4th then - good effort

Reply #436097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North finished second and won straight into gf

Reply #436103 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

^Anon is correct.

The results that I'm otherwise aware of:

U12B3 - Sturt def. North Adelaide

U14B4 - Norwood def. Forestville
U14B6 - Woodville def. Southern Tigers

U14G2 - Forestville def. West Adelaide
U14G3 - Forestville def. Sturt
U14G4 - West Adelaide def. Forestville

Reply #436105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12B1 Sturt
12B2 Sturt

12G1 Sturt
12G2 Sturt

14B1 Eastern
14B2 Forestville

14G1 Forestville
14G2 Forestville

16B1 Sturt
16B2 Sturt

16G1 Forestville
16G2 Sturt

18B1 Sturt
18B2 Sturt

18G1 North
18G2 Sturt

Reply #436111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is scary about U18 girls is that North is nearly all first years plus an U16

Forestville must be scratching their heads hiw they couldn't win that

Reply #436118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14 Boys 2 was Norwood

Reply #436119 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Congratulations to the North U18 girls and the coaching staff.
As per previous post correct, re first years I believe there are 6 bottom aged girls in their team plus a girl still eligible for U16s.
As an opponent coach in this grade I thought the game was exciting and a good final to watch.
North out the blocks early played above themselves 2 qtrs got up by 14 at one stage, then Forestville came back, due to missed shots and layups by North. North steadied the ship in the final minutes to get the prize.
Well done Dellapere and his chargers!

Reply #436120 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Sturt boys U18s 1&2,took care of business once again!

Reply #436122 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

Wow.

Is winning 10 out of 16 Grands Finals a best ever result?

Reply #436198 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Keep up the poaching and you'll get an even better result next season.

Reply #436207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ it is a great shame that peoples need for instant gratification lead to ease of poaching. They say success breeds success but it also makes it easy to approach the better players from other clubs.

Sad they feel so threatened?

Reply #436222 | Report this post

I believe a kid from Sturt U18 Div 2's did not see any court time. Is it true his team won by about 18 points? Sources tell me the kid is the tallest kid in the team.

If so disgraceful effort by the Coach. Actually I find it hard to use that term in this instance. More so, Disgraceful effort by the championship hunter disguised as a coach

What a great way to smash the enjoyment out of a kid.

Reply #436226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was that Casella- yes his true colours always shine through

Reply #436238 | Report this post

venga bus  
Years ago

i made it quite clear to my team re court time during the finals - so everyone knew where they stood like it or leave it.

some kids hardly hit the court - parents / players were fine - kept the focus on team result.

Reply #436241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its amazing how many non Sturt people show up at that club, to coach for their own ego. Why don't they stay at home and help develop a junior program to challenge the stronger clubs.

Reply #436242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won by18!!! What the scores were tied with 2 minutes to go???? Please tell me the game sooooo close that you couldn't get a kid on the court because the team result was more important! Winning by 15 wouldn't have been enough!!! The kid and the parents understand???? This parent wouldn't and believe me, neither would the kid or his parents. Disgraceful. I think they should take leave it.
And the arrogant justification says it all.

Reply #436244 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Its amazing how many non Sturt people show up at that club, to coach for their own ego."

Names?

Reply #436246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack you fishing again??? LOL

Reply #436248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True Sturt coaches are the ones that went through their junior program and then took coaching positions and assistant roles still at Pasadena.

Non Sturt coaches are hangers on that show up looking for a team.

But thankfully there are lots of ex Sturt people who have the balls to leave and coach at rival clubs. Mainly due to the fact they don't have ego hang ups about winning and see a challenge and take it on.

Jack you do the homework there have been lots of hangers on show up at Sturt over the last decade and it will continue into the future no doubt.

Reply #436251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think true coaches are the ones willing to put time and effort into our kid's basketball development.

I'm appreciative of most of my kid's coaches over the years and really couldn't care less where their coach played. Not sure why this matters???

Reply #436253 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Not at all. If you are going to make an accusation and have a go as an anon, at least grow some stones and name 'em!

I agree that unless there's been a lynching mob at your current club, why not stay there, create and build something rather than hang onto someone's coat tails. The grass is always greener, but usually never the case. If your old club booted you out and you think going to another club will solve your issues, it won't. Clubs need to do a due diligence if coaches changes clubs as well.

Sturt should be rightly proud of their GF results. 10/16 in the Div 1 and 2 is a mightly fine effort and shows how serious they are about winning.

In a two team event, a win % of 50% should be expected, so achieving (in Winter 2013) a win rate in the boys of 83% and 72% in the girls is exceptional. Another interesting point is that no Sturt Div 1 or Div 2 team in both boys and girls had a draw, whereas every other clubs had at least one drawn game. To me, this suggests that the coaching ethos at Sturt is such that they know how to win the close games

Reply #436254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry didnt realise Jack Toft was a real name

Reply #436255 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

never heard of a nom de plume?

Reply #436257 | Report this post

venga bus  
Years ago

i was referring to another team altogether - that i coach - not the situation / team mentioned prior to my previous post.

Reply #436260 | Report this post

2FAST4U  
Years ago

I feel sorry for the kid that got no court time in the U18 Div 2 grand final. But at the same time it's not social basketball and when you've got 10 players in a team it's not viable to give everybody equal court time.
Even if the player got 5 minutes on the court that's still nothing. If I was a benchwarmer in Div 2 I'd rather be playing as a starter in Div 3. I don't know the guy but if he's the tallest guy in the team than he has the physical characteristics to play high level basketball. Probably just needs to work on his skills and get into the weights and work on growing into his body or something. Hopefully he uses it as motivation to improve as a player.

Reply #436262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"True Sturt coaches are the ones that went through their junior program and then took coaching positions and assistant roles still at Pasadena"

Tough criteria! That discounts virtually all Sturt's top junior coaches of the past 20 years

Reply #436264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt's motto should be if you can beat them send the poachers out, they have enough ivory in the last decade to build a castle.

It's not their fault people want fast results and Loyalty is at best two faced now days.

Congratulations to Sturt on another dominant season, but how about you only accept what walketh your way instead of actively begging the best players in the association to walk with the darkside.

Mwahahahahahaha.

Reply #436273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt will always dominate the junior program, its just been their culture since the 1970's, no matter who coaches there.

So maybe "the top junior coaches of the club for the last 20 years" should have tried for success at their original clubs then the competition would be more even and SA as a whole would perform better nationally.

But as said previous I congratulate the sturt people who had the sportmanship and creed to coach somewhere else.

From what I know

Penno
Kinsmen
Hampton
Warhurst
Wilson
Knight
Kubank

There would be more??

Reply #436280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So people who leave clubs to go to Sturt are result-driven egomaniacs, while people who leave Sturt are are full of sportsmanship and creed?!
Good to see rampant jealousy kills off any notion of consistency!!

Reply #436281 | Report this post

concnerned  
Years ago

Basketball in SA in not in a good state when one club is so dominant.
For basketball to grow all memeber clubs need to be competitive.

Lets no kid ourselves , Sturt continually poach players from other clubs.

Dont give me this dribble about sturt offering a better environment.

All of the clubs are working hard to develop their juniors. But it makes it very difficult when you develop some div 1 talent and then loose them to sturt through poaching.

It would be an interesting stat to get from BSA on the number of div 1 players that have moved to sturt.

Perhaps that Neil Glidden has left sasi the movement may be reduced.

Reply #436283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

436281 Sounds like your one of the ego coaches. Feeling insecure????

Reply #436284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

concerned,

Both Norwood and Forestville have more players transferring to their club than Sturt.

Reply #436289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon it's not about numbers its about the quality.

and you know that, which is why you're trying to deflect from the fact you and your club poach the best kids

Reply #436293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you have no problem with your club poaching themselves. And poaching more kids than Sturt.

You just have a problem with Sturt being better at it?

Reply #436305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they just have a problem with the kind of kid who wants to join Sturt. They're different to the type of kids who want to join other clubs.

Reply #436307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just remember that one group's "poach" is another group's "acquisition"

Reply #436308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Sturt are better at it as such, I know they actively approach parents and kids even if they don't really need them but there are many factors - Parents want the best for their kids and hence they want their child to be a winner - Sturt offer winning teams and so have the ability to assess replacing an average internal player with a better external player and do it.

Reply #436310 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Mmmmm poachers be poachers. All to no avail. Sturt get eaten up when competing interstate. Sadly, to get a look-in it appears you have to be at Sturt. But agree that now that Neil has left, there will be opportunities for other players/clubs to be seen and not just a Sturt monopoly.

Reply #436311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kids that want to join Sturt are looking for the quick fix, I'm good but not good enough to be a leader and help my team, I'll jump ship and be good in a good team.

Reply #436312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt will argue that they have to poach to compete interstate but I am not convinced about that especially with their claimed coaching and development strength.

To improve there are certain things which need to occur. One is a strong, healthy competition week in week out. The issue that this is not the case as the best players are being poached which weakens many of the other clubs. Coaches after starting to see the rewards for their efforts become disenchanted with the continual flow of their better players.

Sturt will argue that give them what they want and they will stay. Unfortunately not all clubs can promise a better pathway through to higher levels borne by the incestuous old SASI system. I hate to think how many times you see Sturt SASI coaches doing excessive one on ones with players from other clubs only to see them move.

BSA has a chance to fix this - I hope they don't let that opportunity slip.

Reply #436322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm...

Did you not see Sturts results at Classics this year.

Gold - 14 Girls
Silver - 18 Boys
Bronze - 16 Girls
4th - 12 girls
6th - 12 boys

Those results all better than all bar 2 clubs in Victorian (Dandenong and Melbourne) and better than any other SA club has ever done.

Reply #436323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ congratulations, please enlighten us with the percentage of home grown Sturt Juniors that filled those squads v players from other clubs?

Reply #436326 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Of course it's better than any other SA club has ever done. They've all been poached by Sturt. DER!!!

Reply #436327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesnt matter when these players get to senior level there are limited opportunities to gain spots at sturt. Thats when they come crawling back to other programs wanting a spot.

I dont know why )))) they are accepted ;)

Reply #436330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would BSA change it how can they even if they wanted to which I doubt, I swear BSA have an underlying commitment to advantage Sturt and Forestville over other clubs from the outside looking in there's certain loyalties financially and administratively gifted to these associations, all stemming from the BASA days.

Reply #436331 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

No wonder your teams are struggling .You all b..ch about the better performing teams constantly .Be proactive and draft the right coaches etc.This is a motza for success .Weve been involved now for a long time ,and haven't seen the so called poaching .Its just an excuse for mediocrity and failings .

Reply #436357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll give it my best shot for team who did well at classics, but I'm sure I will have some mistakes. And compare it to their Grand Finals opponent/rival.

14 Girls (8 out of 11 gome grown) - Forestville (8 out of 10)
18 Boys (7 out of 9 home grown) - West(2 out of 9)
16 girls (8 out of 10 home grown) - Forestville (9 out of 10)
12 Girls (8 out of 9 home grown) - Eastern (8 out of 9)
12 Boys (8 out of 9 home grown) - Woodville (4 out of 8)
16 Boys (9 out of 9 home grown) - West (6 out of 9)

Total

Sturt 48 out of 57 (84%)
Opponent 37 out of 55 (67%)

Hope that clears things up.

Maybe Sturt should be doing just a bit more recruiting. Just to keep up with the other clubs.

Reply #436360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the above is true, maybe we should be looking at the u18 state coach for answers?!?

Then again, no surprise the most recruited team in Sturt is coached by the ringleader himself.

Reply #436363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs need to question why the loose their best players and coaches. Ask the right questions but you might get answers you dont want to hear. And it has nothing to do with egos or winning. It HAS to do with enjoyment AND development. Stop the conspiracy theories stop attacking those that move for enjoyment and development and DO something to fix it.

Reply #436370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I absolutely agree with the above post. Good coaches and players leave for similar reasons. Has anyone bothered to ask them why, or do we just assume they get promised the world. It's a little insulting to say that players and coaches that change clubs walk into sasi or state teams. Maybe the environment they walk into fosters their development and they may actually work hard to get there.

I can think of one club that has lost numerous coaches who have gone on to coach state.

There are a number of ways to look at this but it would seem that most clubs are just happy to field have teams in the competition and a few clubs actually focus building a winning program. Rightly or wrongly, I'm not sure what is wrong with that, but don't throw stones if a player or coach wants more than that.

Basketball is an expensive sport to start with so if players (or more realistically parents) feel they want more for what they are paying for, of course they will look elsewhere. Hasn’t anyone on this forum who constantly complains ever been headhunted for a new job or resigned to take a role with better benefits (more money, work life balance etc)? I know this is junior sport but the reality is that people sometimes want/need better/different situations to perform at their best.

Reply #436388 | Report this post

paradise exchange  
Years ago

anons post settles any argument - haters will have to move onto something else.

Reply #436398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 360

Those numbers are not correct as I kinow their Under 14 Girls have more than 3 players from other Clubs and their 18 Girls have about 6.

Also go and get the numbers of their Div 2 teams that are full of kids from other Clubs that were promosed the world and then placed in the 2's.

Strengthening their 2's and weakening every other Club.

Reply #436468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

correct that list is not accurate

Reply #436470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am not a Sturt person and our club has had its share of SASI players mysteriously move there but Forestville and Norwood are not much better.

I can see why the Norwood carnival is starting to die. They should understand not to cut off the hand that feeds you!!

Reply #436482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry,

U14 girls.

1 from Southern
1 from Norwood
1 from South

All other started playing district basketball at Sturt. Feel free to name a club another player in that team came from. (No need to name the player)

And that doesn't mean that they have been poached. Just that like for all clubs that players have moved for whatever reason.

So keep lying to yourself and watch you club continue to struggle.

Reply #436484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No mention of the U18 girls up there so I don't see how that makes those figures "wrong" and I can only think of 3 U14 girls too.

Reply #436486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 Girls had 4 out of 10.

One moved to another club and then went back.

Reply #436491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And if their div 2 kids were promised the world and were put in div 2, surely they would become disgruntled and leave. Which is clearly not the case. SO perhaps you are wrong again.

Maybe try and get at least 1 FACT correct.

Reply #436493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The by laws make it alomost impossible for a disgruntled to kid to move.

Therefore once you have played one game in the 2's you are stuck there for the season.

Seem plenty of examples in the land of the Blue where a kid is promised Div 1 played in Div 1 for the first game or two and then mysteriously is dropped to Div 2 for the remainder of the year with no opportunity to then move.

Reply #436495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Multiple kids moved mid season this year.

If that was the case you'd see a mass exodus at seasons end. Either between summer and winter or at the start of summer. Which again doesn't happen.

Keep trying. You might get 1 fact right sooner or later.

Or perhaps you just wrong.

Reply #436499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahah those bylaws about a disgruntled not been able to move are rubbish. Just send a letter to BSA complaining about lack of opportunity, "poor" coaching or anything else and they just bypass those bylaws. Happens often each year.

Reply #436501 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

"Multiple kids moved"
I believe those who did move had to follow BSA procedure and when the request was denied, BSA allowed appeals to go through with very little input from original clubs.
Multiple could be 2 or 20- a wide spread to try and justify your reasoning

Reply #436502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And I'm sure you were there for every phone conversation/coaches chat where it happened (insert sarcasm here)

Reply #436503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hanging Around.

I would put it at 100% of players who wanted to move mid season and followed the procedure were cleared mid season.

Reply #436512 | Report this post

tnt  
Years ago

Did anyone else notice that there were no representatives iN dIV 1 AND dIV 2

Reply #436531 | Report this post

tnt  
Years ago

Did anyone else notice that neither Southern Tigers nor South Adelaide had any representatives in any Div 1 or Div 2 grand finals, for either girls or boys.

I know South have huge numbers and are building their club, and now with Steve B on board there should be increased improvement...but Willie certainly has a big job ahead in developing Southern.

Reply #436533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the story is true about the Sturt U18 Div 2 Boy that sat on the bench for the whole Grand Final while his team won by 15+ then that goes to show how much Sturt really care about their Juniors.

At least he got a trophy and was allowed in the team photo after, right?

Reply #436534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did anyone notice South and Southern had lots of representatives in Div 1 and Div 2 Grand Finals.

They were just wearing Sturt and Forestville uniforms.

Reply #436536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe in the photo when it listed names it had against him "TBA"

Reply #436541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern wont go anywhere while junior president is involved

Reply #436543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure it really fits in with the "Sturt bashing" theme, but I reckon there was a div 1 boys team that didn't put 2, or maybe even 3, boys on the court in their grand final. Not that I have a problem with it either (there could be any number of legit reasons such as injury/illness), but to just bash one team/club whilst another did the exact same thing with impunity just reeks of inconsistency.

Reply #436572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tnt

You obviously did not look at Youth League

South have 3 teanms and Southern have 2 including Div 1 Boys.

Reply #436601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

youth league is not juniors

Reply #436608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Youth League IS your Clubs juniors that have come up through the age groups.

To not include them as part of a Club is ridiculous!

If you want to look at the performance of a Club you also need to include Under 10's.

Reply #436621 | Report this post

the prophet  
Years ago

exactly

Reply #436623 | Report this post

Amazing how one individual case I mentioned becomes the catalyst for a lot of sad individuals spewing collective spiteful bile about other clubs and the former State Director.
For anyone who is interested I believe the kid is really gutted.
My guess is that the Director of Coaching at Sturt will probably tell the coach he is no longer required.
No one in their right mind could condone what happened. Would be interesting to listen to the comments from everyone walking past him if he allows the coach to stay.

I have been told by a Sturt parent that this kid was in Div 3 as a top age U16 and has worked his behind off to improve.
No way they would let him go for a coach that has been there 5 minutes and displays that sort of behaviour.

Can't wait for the first round to see........

Reply #436651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't the only player who didn't get on the court in finals from multiple clubs.

Should all coaches who didn't play someone get removed?

Reply #436658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe there was a legitimate reason?

Reply #436659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Y make it worse for the kid through ur actions above whale?????

Reply #436661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No only players coached by Casella. He has a long time history of this type of coaching from throughout his coaching career at all levels that he has coached. I hear it is now a moot point about this player as he is going to play for a coach who will utilise him, develop him and probably go on to bigger and better things. Best thing for other clubs is for Sturt to continue with this coach there.

Reply #436662 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Have Sturt actually named their coaches for the upcoming season?

Reply #436664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, Brett Maher named men's coach.

Reply #436666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TC his assistant

I thought he was still suspended :-)

Reply #436668 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Anon, we all know Brett is back with the toughest gig in the ABL, but what about the Junior Coach lineup?

Reply #436670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not against Brett Maher being announced as coach but last time I looked closing date for applications has not yet closed

Reply #436671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And ur point is???? Confuscious say: When budda applies to coach ur abl mens side dont mess him around. Appoint him, just get it done!!&

Reply #436673 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

673, Brett hasn't gone the way of Darren Jarman yet.

Reply #436674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the coaching director should pack his bags as well but we all know he has the "full" support of the Sturt heirachy

Reply #436683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Jack,

I think that Sturt put their coaches out when their Squad lists come out after presentations.

At least thats how it happened last year for my kid finding out who their coach is.

Reply #436684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And wow, get a grip man.

Mescke should be sacked because 1 kid leaves after the clubs has perhaos the best results ever.

Reply #436687 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No worries, just wondering who is in their lineup and who has got what group.

Reply #436696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt wonr announce coaches until coaches are happy their team is good enough to make them look good.

It their not they ask Mesecke to recruit!!

Reply #436701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they could have announced them 6 months ago if that's the case.

Reply #436722 | Report this post

blue bagger  
Years ago

Sturt executive should just sack the most successful JDO in this state, you lot are dreaming.

You need to pull yourselves together, and not to death.

It's about time that the rest of you attempted to strive for just a little of the success that Sturt have had for such a long period.

If you want holistic and mediocrity stay with your own clubs.

Clowns and court gestures all of you!!!!

Reply #436756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pity Sturts Junior success does not flow through to Youth League.

3 years Boys finish top only to lose the GF to North, Woodville and Southern.

Whose are the clowns now!

Reply #436858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would say that with the number if players playing SEABL and NCAA (that are still eligible for yourh league) they have had an incredible amount of success. That and with the number if injuries show that they would have 2 teams good enough to win Youth league.

That's the true sign of success.

They could roll out a team of;

Tom Daly SEABL
Jan Warbout SEABL
Corey Maynard NCAA div 1
Nathan Spehr NCAA div 1
Josh Owen-Thomas Canadian college
John Marriott inj
Nathan Kareta inj
Sam Daly NCAA div 1

To have all those players unavailable and still only lose the grand final by 2 is a monental performance. Something the likes of southern could only ever dream of emulating.

You are clearly in ignorant fool.

Reply #436859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan Kareta ??? Dont make me laugh

Reply #436861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Claybrin?

Reply #436862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Maynard NCAA div 1
Nathan Spehr NCAA div 1

Only appeared in U18, Nathan from West I believe??

Reply #436863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Sturt's program is so perfect and everyone needs to play there with him then why can't he get a job in Victoria despite applying for every basketball job that is advertised?

It's all a front and covered up by having the best kids and constantly adding the elite coaches and players from other clubs to bolster their wins.

Why don't BSA introduce a transfer fee so any elite player or coach who moves to another club has to include a fee to their original club for the development they do for someone else to take the credit?

Reply #436865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going to college doesn't count when mummy and daddy are paying 40k per year to go to college. US college must be loving Australians paying for their facilities.

Reply #436872 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This thread was supposed to be about Junior Finals results. Should a new thread be started?

Reply #436873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 859

Its Sturt doing the dreaming of what it may be like to in a Div YL flag.

Earlier this year Southern beat Sturt who had Spehr, Daly and Marriot all playing so Tigers clearly the better side.

Tigers did not even have Sam Mac on Tuesday.

You clearly are the fool!

Reply #436876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least 3 of those listed players started at other clubs and two of them didn't move to Sturt until very late

Reply #436881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West would have been the big loser if a sure transfer fee were introduced.

Didn't see anybody claiming that they were all home grown. Just that they weren't available for the game. I'd take those 8 over southern with Sam Mc any day and twice in Sunday.

Obviously Sturt would rather have their kids getting greater opportunities than a youth league win.

Reply #436887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no mummy and daddy can afford to send them to college

Sam mac will get a full scholarship next year

Reply #436888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt doesn't help the players with college, the players help Sturt look good, rumour I heard was last funds for college vanished into empty promises?

Reply #436893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

??? Please explain more???

Reply #436897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess we stay at Southern and not Sturt as we have the junior program which produced the most recent boomer out of the two clubs. Surely Sturt don't think it all ends when they make college!!

Reply #436898 | Report this post

afar  
Years ago

curious as to who was the coaching director when Ingles was playing at the Tigers?

Reply #436902 | Report this post

afar  
Years ago

maybe Meske is looking interstate for greater challenges? How many years now have his clubs dominated the junior landscape?

Reply #436903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad, sad conversation

Typical South Australians, to busy knocking people that aspire to achieve more.

We should be all promoting our successes and becoming a better basketball state

yes Sturt poach, but shouldn't clubs look at why their players and coaches leave?

Always make sure your own back yard is in order before pointing the finger

Just sayin

Reply #436938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if southern people know who was their coaching director the last time they won Champion Club.

Any guesses?

Reply #436939 | Report this post

Dribble Happy  
Years ago

You forgot two of Sturt's taller younger players
Claybrin Mc Math 6'9'' US college
Stefan Wright 6'8' US Junior College

They would have certainly helped Sturt in U/23 and ABA this year

Reply #436952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL I know. Pick me! Pick me!

Well done Paul, it's a sign of true success that Southern/Noarlunga has fallen apart since you left.

Reply #436957 | Report this post

figjam  
Years ago

stop talking about Meske, he will be having a good old wank over all the attention.

Reply #436968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He also is good at posting his own blurb aka Corey lollipop McLean

Reply #437141 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754