Anonymous
Years ago

Dandenong get the SEABL title over Pioneers

Perhaps the title should read DQ beats Pionners. The Rangers import was huge with 46 points. He was unstoppable although i think the pioneers could have tried a few different tatics rather than just different defenders.

danenong coming from where they did was a huge effort to over come Geelong and Bendigo on the road. They then lucked in getting a home GF against the interstate Pioneers, who certainly suffered from seriously poor umpiring!

Tom Dayl outstanding for the Pioneers! how he doesnt have a NBL contract is beyond me. This player rating system which has kept him out of the league is just ridiculous.

If there are any NBL teams in need of an import they should be signing DQ he was quite simply riduculous!

Pioneers coming from virtually last in 2012 to this being South Confrence Champs it certainly a fantastic effort.

If they can keep the nuclues of the squad together they should push for the title again next year.

Topic #32635 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Daly should be claiming hardship for a points reduction. Not that any teams bar the Hawks have spots left? Wollongong should just sign him. Or Shane McDonald maybe. Keep the Cooks boys as DPs for another year if possible.

Reply #436282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats to Dandenong! Huge game by DQ. Lets not forget they lost their starting SG late in the season and Odigie withdrew from game as well. Just as well Perry played 9 or10 guys each week during the season.

Great season by pioneers, please let's not blame refs for the result... Great recruiting five NBL players plus an import, will be interesting to see if the can keep team together.

Both Kings and Hawks looked at DQ and decided to go for guards. I think Kings will regret their decision.

Daly is worth a 9th/10th man spot on a roster. The points system is a joke.

Reply #436294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tom Daly is a 3 point player. Whty should he be then if not a 3? He would have had the chance to appeal his rating. What's the bet he didn't.
Aryn McMillan is a 4. He should be a minus 1.

Reply #436309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dayl did appeal, it was rejected. I agree the who points thing is a joke, it is a clear restraint of trade. I wish the Players association would grow a pair and take the NBL on to abolish it.

Reply #436315 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

It's quite likely to be dropped in future from what I hear.

Reply #436319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the mean time Daly and co go get real jobs and are lost to NBL in the same way Shane McDonald was... A joke.

Reply #436321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The points system is a clear restriction of trade, all it will take is a player to have the rocks to take the NBL on and it will be gone, but nobody wants that on their head, nor the $ or time to do it.

The sooner its gone the better for everyone.

Reply #436381 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:14 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754