Anonymous
Years ago

NBL TV for 13/14 season

Anyone know if NBL TV available for this upcoming season? Haven't seen any promotion yet.

Topic #32646 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Believe it will come under
http://www.livebasketball.tv/

Which includes access to many different leagues around the world from my understanding.

Reply #436549 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Hopefully it will be a 1 off price and not the subscription.

Reply #436553 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Funny enough I had a look at NBL.TV website this morning and they have a new price up for $99 for the season. I then went to Livebasketball.tv and tried my log-in for kicks and it worked with the same price, but as stated above includes most other FIBA leagues.

Reply #436555 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Hmm, Interesting to get better value for same price!
Does livebball.tv have a android app so it's viewable on the run?

Reply #436556 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

on there website they mentioned an app but didn't pay much attention for what operating system

Reply #436558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has it gone up from last yr? Hope the quality has as well if that's the case!

Reply #436559 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

It was $79 last season ($59 if you registered early) so yes more expensive but if you are getting Euroleague as well I won't be complaining (but maybe my family will)

Reply #436561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quality up, different production, NBL.TV and Livebasketball.TV are the same group - Perform.

Reply #436562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My credit card was pre-debited with a $0.01 transaction for "NBL AUD" as my bank phoned me thinking it was fraud... same description as last year so it looks like Perform will start debiting soon.

Up to $99 from $59 is super sneaky but not surprised since they said in the terms and conditions last season for the price it included agreeing to be automatically charged for future seasons.

Good news that now it includes more leagues. Does this mean I can watch Eurobasket right now?

Sucks for those who don't really care about anything but the NBL as it is a +40% increase. I might get annoyed later if I get bored with Euroleague etc.

Reply #436567 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think it was $59 for registering early that season but more so because you were getting on board a new product. I don't think it's unreasonable to bump the price up $20/year, especially not if it helps with the quality/production issues.

Reply #436569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So $99 might not necessarily be for those on subscriptions? Okay. It would be nice if Perform emailed us some info about the upcoming season, re what we pay and what you get as part of it. We are all in the dark right now.

Reply #436570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Big Sexy my NBL.TV login doesn't work on livebasketball.tv? Perform should clarify what is going with three weeks to tipoff.

Reply #436571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Buy | livebasketball.tv

Live Basketball from around the world
High quality LIVE & On-Demand streaming
Secure payments
Game commentary
Compatible with Mobiles, Tablets & Desktop
Monthly Subscriptions available with no minimum contract

What is included?

The LiveBasketball.tv GLOBAL PASS gives you access to all these competitions:

FIBA Championships incl. FIBA World Cup & Olympic Qualifiers
Euroleague
Eurobasket & Eurobasket Women
FIBA Asia Champs.
FIBA Americas Champs.
Liga de Las Americas
Centrobasket
Afrobasket & Afrobasket Women
FIBA Oceania Champs
Euroleague Women
Eurochallenge
NBL (Australia)
VTB (Eastern Europe)
PBA (Phillipines)
CBA (China)
LNB (Argentina)

How to watch?

COMPUTER

PC & Apple

MOBILE

Android & iOS

TABLET

Android & iOS

Reply #436573 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Anon 571, Maybe I have registered before livebasketball.tv but can't remeber doing so unless it use to be FIBA tv

Reply #436574 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Same goes with the NBL. Not enough coming out from either NBL or 36ers either IMO.

Reply #436575 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Livebasketball.tv (used to be FIBA TV) has a different subscription to NBL.TV. It does show NBL games, but the live stream is geoblocked in Australia and New Zealand, unless something has changed.

Reply #436576 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

How much for the version that doesn't cut to baseline angles?

I've got no problem with the price but I'd be pissed off if they charged me without revealing any sort of info about the coming season.

Reply #436577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Big Sexy. I think it was named FIBA TV before actually.

Isaac yes you are right as checking the purchase details from last year:

"Pre-Registration Bonus Offer to NBL.TV for AUD $59, for one year. Pass automatically renews to annual repeating subscription of AUD $79 per year unless cancelled."

Reply #436578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where did the rumours originate about NBL.TV accounts becoming part of livebasketball.tv? Would be nice but don't want to keep my hopes up.

Reply #436582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard it comes with NBA league pass subscription. if this is true I will be getting it for sure!

Reply #436585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had both Fiba.tv (now livebasketball.tv) and nbl.tv last season, 2 separate subscriptions, 2 separate fees, cant watch NBL games live on livebasketball.tv in Australia but the replays were up a day or so later which you could watch, and strangely i found these replays worked better than the videos on nbl.tv, not sure why but was glad i had both subscriptions.

Livebasketball.tv is worth it if you also want to watch Euroleague, international games/tournaments, you basically get all international tournaments except the Olympics, ie could check out Ingles/Aussies playing in Euroleague/VTB and a few other leagues in Europe, also had CBA (Chinese league) which i found a fun league to watch a few games, guys like McGrady and Marbury played there last season.

If you just want to watch NBL, i would just subscribe to NBL.tv, if you want to check out games from all over the world, livebasketball.tv is a good buy imo, price is pretty good imo and quality is generally ok.

But i would say its 2 separate subscriptions, you can watch both by just getting livebasketball.tv, but cant stream NBL live.

Reply #436588 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I noticed in the terms and conditions that it says its $79/year until cancelled... Shame they haven't added the WNBL as that was what I was looking forward to this season.

Oh well may enjoy Eurobasket

Reply #436589 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Do they have single game purchase options?

I don't have enough spare time to get value out of a league pass or nbl.tv subscription, but I really enjoyed buying the odd one off NBA game last season.

Reply #436592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about USA College Basketball, is that on the NBA.tv package or is it different too?

Reply #436594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick, im pretty sure you can get a game/week subscription, from memory was around $5-10 per game which can be a bit pricey, if you buy more than 5-10 games im pretty sure it works out cheaper to get the full global pass.

Reply #436596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Pre-Registration Bonus Offer to NBL.TV for AUD $59, for one year. Pass automatically renews to annual repeating subscription of AUD $79 per year unless cancelled."

How do I cancel? I don't want to auto-renew until I know exactly what their plan is with the coverage.

Reply #436597 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

That explains everything, I use to have a FIBA TV. I will email livebasketball to see if the NBL is still blocked in Australia.

Reply #436599 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

How do I cancel? I don't want to auto-renew until I know exactly what their plan is with the coverage.

Same here.

If you login to the website then on the dropdown next to "Hi Username" select Account Summary then the last option in the menu box that appears on the left is "Unsubscribe" which then gives you the option to cancel your subscription.

I haven't cancelled mine yet because my current subscription shows as valid through to late November so I'm wondering if I get to see some early round games before having to pay up for a renewal.

Reply #436602 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I remember you could get a month long subscription last season but I'm after just single games...

Reply #436614 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

The message I received following unsubscribing from NBL.TV:

"We confirm that you have unsubscribed from our service, we are sorry that you have decided to leave.

Please note:

You will still have full access until [your subscription end date], after this time, your access will end.

No further payments will be taken from your account.

If you wish to re-subscribe, you can do so at any time, your existing login details will remain valid to save you having to re-register."

At this stage I can't see any downside from unsubscribing. I plan to assess my options for next season given the banter regarding FIBA's product.

Reply #436624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might be risky unsubscribing as auto-renewals may get a discounted price?

Pathetic how we are in the dark. How hard is it to send out an email.

Reply #436627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news? This should be more of a hot topic than currently is.

Reply #436960 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754