Anonas
Years ago

76ers need veteran PG

And presently, San Antonio Spurs have 4 point guards.

Any thoughts on Mills going to Philadelphia?

Topic #32654 | Report this topic

DodgeTaylor  
Years ago

The sooner Mills gets out of San Antonio the better it will be for his career. It was ridiculous that they pulled up a D Leaguer (Joseph) last season and he went in front of Patty in the rotation.

He just needs to find the right situation, somewhere that he can be the back-up point guard or scoring option off the bench. Somewhat like Jarrett Jack did for the Warriors last season.

Reply #436723 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Saw an article on Fox Sports news last night with Patty saying he is staying in San Antonio due to the learning experiences he has gained from Parker, Ginobli and Poppovich. Would rather keep learning in their system.

Reply #436726 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

'It was ridiculous that they pulled up a D Leaguer (Joseph) last season and he went in front of Patty in the rotation.'

You mean the former first round pick who elected to go down to the d-league to get some extra playing time? Yes, how ridiculous...

Reply #436727 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Besides, how is Patty a veteren?

Reply #436728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty is a beast. he will have his time it is a matter of time!

Reply #436730 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I don't buy that Patty needs to leave San Antonio to further his career. Danny Green is just one example of a fringe-roster player that has solidified his starting spot at the Spurs.

Popovich uses the D-league well to get his younger rotation players court time throughout the season.

If guys like Danny Green, Tiago Splitter and Corey Joseph can work their way up the hierarchy, why can't Patty Mills?

Furthermore, what's to say that increased playing time at Philly increases Patty's value? Consider the possibility that he has a bad season.

Reply #436741 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

Can't personally believe that 76ers got rid of Jrue Holiday, what a stupid mistake that was! 76ers loss will be the Pelicans (???) gain!

Reply #436749 | Report this post

traread  
Years ago

Patty is saying all the right things... He's a professional. I don't think that his time in San Antonio will be much longer... He seems to be on the out with the team.

In my opinion, Patty needs to change his playing style to get more minutes in San Antonio. His minutes have declined due to him not fitting into their system best. At the moment, Joseph's style of play is more like Tony Parker's which is why he's ahead of him in the rotation.

You can see the frustration on Pop's face when Mills puts up a contested long 2.

Mills can succeed in the NBA & San Antonio, but he needs to play more efficient, team first basketball.

Reply #436868 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Isn't it already known that the 76ers are tanking this season to get Andrew Wiggins?

Reply #436869 | Report this post

DodgeTaylor  
Years ago

29th pick in the draft (Joseph) hardly means that he should be given the nod ahead of Mills in the rotation. Mills who has been in the league for a number of years, leads his national team and has shown moments of brilliance (and obviously some moments of questionable on-court decision making).

Sure, I understand Joseph is a better defensive match-up for them and is a less risky play ... but as I said, I think Patty needs to move on if he's to take the next step in his career and get some decent minutes.

Reply #436928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754