ananymous
Years ago

Bennie Lewis involved in summer league championship

Lewis lead team England to an ESL Atlanta championship Sept 15th-17th, details at eurobasket.com

Topic #32668 | Report this topic

A  
Years ago

Thanks Bennie, but it was a summer league comp, not actually Eurobasket but it was kinda convenient that you left that out

Reply #436986 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Bennie Lewis = pro career over....pity such a talent but from all reports lacked the work ethic to capitalise.

Reply #436987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A, the OP never mentioned it was the Eurobasket, he said it was an ESL event in Atlanta.

Reply #436994 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, it did suggest it was a Eurobasket championship. I edited it because it was misleading. Should've put a mod note in there, sorry.

Reply #437001 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Tigerwatcher, you need to read the assessment of his play at the three day competition before you do your math on his career. CO-MVP honors

Reply #437040 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

He obviously has some shortcomings but the NBL needs as many athletic types like him as possible in my opinion. I don't know if it was a case of teams not being able to fit him into their points cap (he was a 4 right?) or just not rating him, but personally I think it's a shame.

Also fair to say the new direction of the officiating in the NBL this season would have suited him a bit more.

Reply #437068 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754