Annon
Years ago

36ers VS Crocs 5.30 today Live stream

Our 2nd game of the NBL Blitz is today at 5:30pm AEST against the Townsville Crocs.

Thanks to our friends at the Sydney Kings... a live stream of the game can be found here
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sydneykings.

Or catch the live stats below -
http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/34784/08/95/18/61PEvoi4WDt7A/

Go Sixers!!!!
FIBA LiveStats
www.fibalivestats.com

Topic #32678 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome news hope someone is commentating these!

Reply #437092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That ustream link just closes down explorer for me??

Reply #437095 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

God the commentary sucks

Reply #437097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McQuade & Mookie from Sydney Kings Radio?

Certainly heard worse.

Reply #437098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BJ Anthony looks like he might be a real catch this season.

Reply #437099 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Im actually starting to get hesitant about this new open offensive game as far as the officiating is concerned. I don't think our refs are good enough to call the game openly AND fairly...

Reply #437100 | Report this post

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

| That ustream link just closes down explorer for me??

lol explorer? trollz

Reply #437111 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers just seem stronger and more competent, even when we make mistakes.

Reply #437112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone actually seeing the game? Sixers will be deep this year if BJ plays (numbers wise) like this.

Reply #437113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even the Crocs are looking alright up to H/T.

Reply #437114 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide might do well under these tighter rules. Only Frye in foul trouble, and the 36ers have multiple players who can draw fouls (Ervin, Frye, Johnson, Anthony, Creek). 26 FTA to the Crocs' 7.

Meanwhile, Holmes has 4 fouls had half-time, Conklin 4 and Blanchfield 3.

Crocs are missing Crawford. 36ers missing Gibson and Schenscher.

Reply #437116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All good on my MacPro. Not complaining as better than Live Stats. Well done Dunny.... His fabulous dads work with Whyalla Basketball has worn off on him and he's giving back to the sport he has loved since a kid... Respect to the Dunn Family....

Reply #437117 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think our refs are good enough to call the game openly AND fairly...
Do you think Adelaide are getting some sort of home court advantage?

Reply #437118 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers really do need to learn how to shoot their free throws

Reply #437123 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think the reffing has been excellent. Super strict on hands but not too tight on others (with a few exceptions). It's so nice to see both players and the ball moving freely and at pace, not having to fight for everything.

It's way too early to assess anything, but it's a good start, and if they ease off on the body contact a little I think it will be a great style of game to watch.

Reply #437124 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Holmes with a double double in 20 minutes.

Nice line from Cadee. 10 and 6 assists with a quarter to play.

The 36ers are obviously under strict instructions this season to run the ball. They get it down the court very quickly.

If they score well, Johnson could be a chance at MVP because he can add some boards and make his FTs. Lots of competition from teammates though.

Reply #437125 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I was about to ask how the hell the Crocs are winning this but then I saw Hinder has only played three minutes so that's why.

Reply #437126 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No Gibson or Schenscher for Adelaide - that probably helps them.

Crocs doing well though.

Reply #437127 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Vanderjagt has been excellent. Preseason means little, but if he can hold the middle like he has tonight Townsville will be tough because 1-4 they have a nice team.

It's easy to forget Vanderjagt was a starting centre in the league before the contraction forced him out.

Reply #437128 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Always felt like he relaxed once he got a contract. I would never give him a multi-year deal!

Reply #437130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree Isaac, he reminds me of Holmes, relaxes as soon as he knows he's safe.

Reply #437131 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Just tuned in for the final quarter and the Sixers didn't seem to have a plan to attack the Crocs zone. Not enough quick ball movement to create an avenue to the basket for anyone. Lacklustre D as well I thought.

I liked Kenney's shooting though. Sixers could really use some of that.

Pace and Conklin looking good for the Crocs too. Pace had a brilliant recovery block on DJ when he seemed out of the play. Can't believe the Sixers didn't bring him in during the last couple of seasons. Seems a lot better than the rubbish we have generally had!

Reply #437133 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Last quarter weight f numbers told, Adelaide running eight guys vs Townsville's 10 and the pace was FAST. Cadee and Ervin had a real impact early pushing the ball and the movement was pretty good in the half court, although Townsville took the cake in that area, very impressive.

Reply #437134 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Just following livestats here, I got the impression of J.Pace being tooo good for us tonite.
We (P.Smyth) tried to get him but he knocked us back

Reply #437140 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Vandy should start, as ive been saying all along. Rusty only provides diminishing returns. Less he plays the better.

Good to see both pace and Conklin are assertive enough to make last year's bunch of passive bricklayers a distant memory.

Mirko looks great when attacking but horrible from deep, same as Norton.

Reply #437142 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Mirko 3 of 6 50 percent from the three is horrible mick?

Reply #437145 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Attendance 152 Are you serious? NBL basketball and you only get 152 people to the game. That is insulting.

Surely Darwin should be back on the radar for the future of the blitz.

Reply #437148 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Was talking more about when he is the ball handler. He looks like he can make great plays at/near the basket when he makes defenders make decisions so I hope he uses the shot as a last resort off the dribble as he wont always shoot 3/6. If the attempt comes off a pass then by all means fire away (unless you are jacob holmes). I guess he also has a bit of an awkward release which makes you second guess it more than if it were a purer stroke.

Was great to see heaps of crocs guys with 2 + assists. Would never have happened last season. Funny what happens when you play the right way...

Reply #437150 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@FM not sure if that venue could have held any more it looked like where I play social z grade ball on monday nights...

Get the blitz to wellington or knox or somewhere that a prospective new team might play out of...

Reply #437153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sac Marty!!!

Reply #437155 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The game started while most were still at work. Remember how bad the HSH crowds were.

Reply #437156 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Who cares how many people come to the pre-season tournament? It's how many that turn up to/watch the real stuff that counts.

Clubs cant afford to waste marketing dollars on practice games, and it would be a losing battle during footy finals anyway.

Reply #437157 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

They're hosting these in a school gym, not a stadium. Preseason games have a different purpose; settle down.

Reply #437161 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

"Holmes with a double double in 20 minutes."

I wont lie I love hearing that, always been a fan of Holmes and thought the new way to referee might really affect his ability to compete.

Those who watched the game and didn't have to work where the government blocks lives streams to make sure the staff do shit, what was the flow of the game like with the new ref style??

Reply #437162 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

This game was really fast, as you'd expect with Wright and Dennis as coach. They called a lot of fouls which stopped the game, but it also opened it up so the play went up and down quick, and players were able to cut and screen freely without being grabbed and pushed.

The ball movement as a result was excellent, especially from the Crocs who didnt look like a team with a new coach and six new players. It's only pre-season, but a marked contrast from last pre-season for Townsville!

Reply #437163 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

They sold 450 tix for tomorrow. I was there tonight.. not sure how it holds more than 150 people!

Reply #437166 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Early days yet for the crocs, but winning the rebound count by double figures and squaring the count in the Sydney games is a huge improvement on last year, where they were consistently flogged. Here's hopping the crocs under Dennis with relentless pressure and run and gun style of play can punch above their weight, much like Wollongong teams under Geordie.

Reply #437169 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hope so Kr. All signs so far say Dennis is going to be a gem. The guys look like they want to play hard for him, and it's only preseason.

I really like what Vandy did as well. He's a smart player who works his butt off and plays within his means which is something that you cant say enough about.

Reply #437171 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Yep 14 boards for Vandy in one game would have to almost be Ben Allens total rebounds for last season. Nice upgrade.

Reply #437172 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Scary thing is Allen was great in pre-season and averaged 12 & 8 in the first two games (admittedly quite a few rebounds of his own misses) before resuming normal service.

Hopefully Vandy isnt a September warrior, but he certainly looked like a genuine seven footer manning the paint last night, albeit against an undersized Adelaide without Schenscher.

Reply #437178 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Why can't they have it in a bigger stadium? Just say perth arena or vector all 8 teams and entertainment in between games? Its pre season, but people can have a look 4 half the price and see how it is. When u buy a car u go 4 a test drive 1st? Same thing. A hard core fan will still go if the ticket price is right, even if they do it 4 the cancer council foundation and i realy think the nbl and clubs should do things like that u get the odd family coming watching and supporting the nbl and a foundation of sum sort.

Reply #437183 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Vandy is nothing special but he is a massive upgrade over Ben Allen (heck anyone is) and he plays hard and he plays the right way. He will be outclassed by premier bigmen in this league at times but it wont be for lack of effort, and he will never leave you feeling shortchanged or disappointed because of that.

Reply #437188 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Wouldnt get all riled up about it "cats 4 life". Nba summer league games dont exactly pull a big crowd and thats the best league in the world. Sure put the games in perth or cairns or adelaide where hoops are more popular and more people will attend, but it's not the end of the world if they take the easy route and chuck it in sydney near league HQ either...

Reply #437189 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754