Anonymous
Years ago

U14 National Club Championships

Running over the next few weeks, who are the favourites, any highlights to look out for?

Topic #32691 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane

Reply #437267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt always do well

Reply #437329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess Mavericks being represented in both the boys and girls would be viewed as the champion club

Are sturt going?

Reply #437330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are Mavericks?

Altona won Girls u14 VC on Friday, but did not qualify for Nationals...I wonder how many the team that wins VC has not been at Nationals?

Reply #437333 | Report this post

anan  
Years ago

I thought sturt missed out

Reply #437789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt Girls won classics and would be considered a chance. As would the other SA teams.

Reply #437790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt boys missed out.

Reply #437885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls will be wide open, team that won VC did not qualify, Sturt won the Classic, 4 Vic teams that qualified all seem very strong, could be a great championship!

Reply #438030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The SA supporters in Ballarat are "colourful"...

Reply #438266 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Some great results for SA Basketball fans:
GIRLS:
Pool D: Forestville 2-0 and likely to go 3-0 to finish top
Pool F: Sturt 2-0 and likely to go 3-0 to finish top
Pool A: Mavs 1-2 and finished 3rd in that pool

BOYS
Pool A: Mavs 1-2 and finished 3rd in that pool
Pool C: Lions 2-0 and likely to go 3-0 to finish top
Pool D: South 0-2 and play for 3rd or 4th spot in that pool
(sorry South boys, I think you might go down by about 10 according to my score predictor)

Some other great results from some teams. Dandenong & Melbourne looking strong in the boys, The game North West Tasmania Thunder v Melbourne Tigers is on now and with both teams undefeated, should be a goodie. Dandenong looking good in the girls as well.

Reply #438268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spent the day watching 2 girls teams playing zone in Ballarat today, what happened to the Zone Busters???

The pattern was, get blown away in the first quarter then switch to a tight zone from the start of the 2nd on to try to strangle the opposition. Gladly neither of the offenders managed to get a W.

No official intervention though!!!

Reply #438307 | Report this post

Years ago

pool DD - pool of death ! sturt, forestville and north bears - sheesh

Reply #438319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

VC finalist Bellarine are out of the girl's comp having lost their first two Championship pool games.

Reply #438414 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754